Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-25-2016, 02:39 PM

11,761 posts, read 7,259,041 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GldnRule View Post
It occurs as much...well, almost as much...as you biased haters put up the scores of threads and posts claiming "Religion is Declining"...by noting low population outliers to the global trend.

Actually this really just shows how biased and hatefulsome of y'all are.
The only one sounding hateful is you. Calm down and don't let reality get you all wound up in a tizzy.
Quote:
Imagine going on a board for anything else...and putting up hundreds of threads and thousands of posts bashing the subject of the board and noting & cheering any decline in interest and participants you can find.
Imagine instead that we go to a board to discuss the truth about the decline of religion? That is what this thread is about.
Quote:
How hateful and obsessed...and pathetic, really.
The only one sounding hateful here is you.
Quote:
Still waiting for you to substantiate your claims (that religion isn't gaining worldwide)
I already did. You are just too wound up to notice.
Quote:
You tout "evidence" so much...let's see yours. But I understand...you hafta dodge...cuz you don't have it.
I already posted it. I guess you need to go back and re-read.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2016, 03:03 PM

18,492 posts, read 9,159,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
Sadlly, atheism is the true scam promoted by the great deceiver. That fact that most atheists come off as so extremely angry and bitter just speaks truth of the rotten lies behind the facade.
The reason you don't believe in the All Powerful Giant Space Crabs is because of the Great Decieving Space Clam.

Old 08-25-2016, 03:13 PM

3,287 posts, read 2,303,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by overcastg4 View Post
"Better" only according to "education."
"Worser" according to "ignorance"?

Old 08-25-2016, 03:52 PM

15,860 posts, read 6,322,813 times
Quote:
Prove it that less religion in society makes it better. Our society isn't better. It's garbage now. More hate, more social isolation, violence, (crime rates are up in almost every major US city) lack of unity, a blame others, take and not give back kind of generation. You want more of that "goodness"? I don't.
Could you please provide a source for this? What I have seen has shown the exact opposite of that. My source can be found here if you would like to refute it.

Proof the world is actually getting better.

Old 08-25-2016, 03:57 PM

10,202 posts, read 7,922,771 times
Quote:
Let me explain to you what this "decline in Religion" (in the U.S. or anywhere else) is all about.
Ya see, humans have evolved, over time, both physically AND mentally.
Evolution works, very basically, like so...The "natural selection" of what survives and what doesn't, is based on the living things that have the "traits" that make them the "most fit", and thus the best adapted to the environment/situation/conditions they are living in, compared to the "less fit" that possess "traits" that are less advantageous to them. Over time the "most fit"...the ones with the "best traits"...will survive, carry on, and present in much greater numbers. We can then determine, that if at any given time a trait presents in a vast majority of a species...that trait is "the best" trait to have. If it wasn't the best trait...some other trait would present more prevalently.

Based on the fact that almost 85% of humans present with the "mental trait" of Belief in a God, and only a little over 15% present with the "mental trait" of Nonbelief...the ONLY conclusion that can be made is that the trait of Nonbelief (Atheism) is what you would find in "less mentally fit" humans...and the trait of Belief in a God (Theism) is indicative of the "most mentally fit" humans.
Furthermore, it can be determined that the "less fit" Atheists could IMPROVE their "fitness" by acquiring the trait of Belief in a God.

So, based on the "Scientific Evidence" the Atheists would be enhanced if they were Believers...and the Believers would be diminished if they were Atheists. According to Evolution/Natural Selection/Survival of the Fittest, that is.
Of course, if Evolutionary Theory isn't valid...it doesn't matter. But I hold evolution to be valid...so these MUST BE THE SCIENTIFICALLY PROVEN OBJECTIVE FACTS OF THE MATTER.

As for the current "spread" change of Theism-Atheism...it is expected there will be a fluctuation to some degree...like with a species hit by a germ/virus, or environmental condition that reduces its numbers for a time...but then a resistance is built to it...and it comes back even stronger.
That's what you are seeing at the moment, in some places...and will see in the future: Atheism is like a "germ" to Theism, that has infected Theism for this time, but Theism will develop a "resistance" to it, and come back ever stronger against it.
Plus, there will always be the Atheists that are simply those that are the "regressed"...the odd "throwbacks", so to speak...that are presenting as mankind did before the "mental evolution" that developed to produce "Belief". Or, just as some are born blind, or deformed, they are afflicted in that way...to lack a "normal" trait that the vast majority have.
They will fizzle out after a while...as evolution has proved they are "less fit" than Theists, since NO trait will ever present at a 90% saturation of a species, spread out over the entire earth in all kinds of different conditions, unless it is the "best trait".

As soon as everyone gets hip to this...they will be on the road to understanding why The Reality of The World as respects Theism VS Atheism is the way it is...and why some don't believe God exists while most (and that would be MOST) do.
Those that don't believe are simply the regressed, "throwbacks"...that present with traits going back to before man even considered God(s). Or those with deficient traits...the rare mentally challenged that lack the "normal" trait of God belief.
THAT is the reason some don't believe God(s) exists.
I see you have little understanding of the reality, and therefore jump into a word salad that does little but feed your presuppostional perception. Ya done well, me boy, you sold your self on it.

Old 08-25-2016, 04:03 PM

Quote:
Sadlly, atheism is the true scam promoted by the great deceiver. That fact that most atheists come off as so extremely angry and bitter just speaks truth of the rotten lies behind the facade.
Great deciever? What the flip? Is this another one of those fairy tale entities? What kind of wacky tabbacy do you thing those desert goat herders were smoking when the dreamed that stuff up. It's right up there with djinn's.

"Eh, ya know Joshua, see that light streaking across da sky. Dat's a sign ya know".

"Eh, ja, I knows dat Abraham. Pssst... pass dat blunt and don't Bogart it, eh?" Joshua takes a deep drag, and holds it in.

"Abraham! Where did you get this stuff!!!! I KNOW that light streaking across da sky what it means now! We have to tell the scribe!". And as the fire wanes, Joshua and Abraham gaze into the glowing embers, envisioning all sorts of fantasies. What an epiphany. The stuff of legends.

Old 08-25-2016, 05:09 PM

To consider for those that use the argument that numbers count"

Old 08-25-2016, 05:13 PM

12,595 posts, read 6,651,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cupper3 View Post
I see you have little understanding of the reality, and therefore jump into a word salad that does little but feed your presuppostional perception. Ya done well, me boy, you sold your self on it.
Actually...I was in the middle of photo edits, and doing next weeks ads...and my lag time was shorter than usual.
So, I just used some old stuff. It's 4 1/2 yrs old and I've posted it many times:
http://www.city-data.com/forum/24009494-post121.html
Now you'll know why mensa can't stand me. HaHa!
That dude and I have been kickin up dust for a looooooong time. But he has been very, very reliable...I like that.

Old 08-25-2016, 05:31 PM

12,595 posts, read 6,651,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cupper3 View Post
To consider for those that use the argument that numbers count"
Look! From the first month I was on the board...and it fits here too!:
http://www.city-data.com/forum/13812165-post19.html

http://www.city-data.com/forum/13816312-post22.html

As you see...I've ALWAYS been the same loveable character I am now! HaHaHaHaHa!
Actually...I was much worse back then. And rarely got infracted! Ah...for the "old-times".

Old 08-25-2016, 07:27 PM

28,432 posts, read 11,577,622 times
the pews are dropping but "spiritual belief" are still higher I bet. That's to be expected because "something" matches observations and "nothing" does not.

Fundy will get a hold of them and butcher them too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality