Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-29-2016, 10:26 AM

50,088 posts, read 20,723,660 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
Boy you just so desperately want this park to fail which is really sad. Unless I see an official documentation of proof with attendance numbers, I'm not buying it. How do we really know when this video was shot? It actually looks like construction is still going on and not a finished park which makes it highly suspect. Low attendance numbers, maybe. But a completely empty parking lot? No way.

Ken has reported numerous times that the attendance numbers are really well and thousands have attended. Course you could claim he's lying, but it seems like atheists are just as much invested in wanting to see this park crash and burn. Ken has posted several videos on his facebook showing full parking lots.

https://answersingenesis.org/ministr...continues-ark/
Yes, we do hope it will fail and fail horribly in the hope that this whole massive lies and misiformation organization will crash and burn. Don't you people hope that atheism will fail and we all become converts or at least shut up and go away.

Ok I know you couldn't care less, which is why you are here, day after day, jousting with us.

As to the rest Ham or his spokemen have been shown up tie and again, and all the 'refutations' in the linked article can be pulled apart. But where are the photos of "packed Parking lots" all I saw was a photo of he entrance and the monstrosity itself standing in a totally deserted space. Much like the ones revealed to actually be at the Ark site as viewed from above, and the indication of shadows is that it was around midday, though we don't know which day.

hat more you got? Or rather, do you have anything at all but denial?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-29-2016, 10:28 AM

10,087 posts, read 5,734,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak80 View Post
It's amazing. When confronted with evidence he doesn't like, suddenly Jeff is a skeptic. Suddenly, YouTube videos and photos from the Internet can be manipulated and unreliable.

Picture of flaming hand = obviously real
Picture of empty parking lot = possibly fake!!
No the amazing thing is when atheists demand evidence when they will never accept it or really want it. It's just a game.

Old 08-29-2016, 10:30 AM

3,287 posts, read 2,304,388 times
Quote:
No the amazing thing is when atheists demand evidence when they will never accept it or really want it. It's just a game.
You keep using that word. I don't think it means what you think it means.

Old 08-29-2016, 10:33 AM

Quote:
Seeing is believing. Unless it's a youtube video which can easily manipulate reality and perception.
Thanks Jeff I really laughed at that. Your best response is to claim that what is a pretty good overfly of the HamArk site has somehow been faked. While photos of "Packed car parks" can never be photoshopped, oh no.

That is pretty much par for the course for those who claim that the evidence of science for evolution is all wrong and lies and conspiracy but what is wrong (creationism) lies (Creationist misrepresentation, quotemining and misreporting) and conspiracy (Dover trial perjury) is somehow all True.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak80 View Post
Jeff, you made my day with this comment! Thank you.
seconded. Jeff almost deserves a rep. Not yet though

Quote:
I cant help but recall Eusebius, to whom evidence was whatever he could use to prop up his case. You may recall the Black sea 'evidence' he presented and when I showed it refuted the Biblical flood, he rubbished it and accused me of dragging it In. A "Game" you said?

And utter refutation and disproof over the 2nd Temple site - and he denied everything and claimed his 'Evidence' has proved him right.

I cite dear old long - gone Eusebius as he was such a good, bad example. Now you may not do the same - but just to show that we are used to presenting good evidence and and having it dismissed and refuting poor evidence and having that dismissed too. And people like you then coming along and saying "when atheists demand evidence when they will never accept it or really want it. "

It may not be 'Projection', Jeff, but whatever it is, it looks just like it.

Last edited by TRANSPONDER; 08-29-2016 at 10:44 AM..

Old 08-29-2016, 10:37 AM

7,381 posts, read 7,693,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mordant View Post
On YouTube, a commenter asked the videographer what time the video was taken. No reply as yet.

According to the Ark Encounter web site, they don't open until noon on Sundays.
I saw the buses running, so it must've been during operating hours. Hard to say exactly when though.

Old 08-29-2016, 10:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by badlander View Post
The hosts of the podcast Cognitive Dissonance stated that when they went the crowd were large and the parking lot mostly full. They also thought the traffic flow through the Ark was poorly designed and the displays boring. Can anyone confirm their statement that there as a broom and dustpan in the part that explains how the Ark was kept clean.
No! A Dustpan and brush?

It MUST have been left by a workman. (1)

Quote:
Jeff; you correctly claim that a YouTube video can be faked or manipulated however you personally have no problems using videos from the same source to back your claims. If you need an example how about either the flaming hand video or the one you used on starting a post on how mean atheists are. It is not true that if you disagree with the point it could be fake but if you agree with it that means it is true and could not be a fake. I did not watch the video in this thread and will not comment if it is fake or not but either all or none of the videos posted can be considered to possibly be fakes.
cafeteria video -selection too, it seems. But that looked pretty genuine to me. And around midday Sunday.

(1) rubbish was winched up by an elevator operated my a triceratops on a treadmill I am not joking. And adult one of course, since te adult is the size of a van. So at least some were adults rather than Juveniles. cafeteria creationism? Tinies when you need, adults when you want. And hope nobody asks questions. The faithful won't. Any Explanation will do, crummy or not.

Old 08-29-2016, 11:01 AM

3,287 posts, read 2,304,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amaznjohn View Post
I saw the buses running, so it must've been during operating hours. Hard to say exactly when though.
To be fair they could be moving the staff to their assigned positions.

Old 08-29-2016, 11:01 AM

20,005 posts, read 13,480,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amaznjohn View Post
Could have been just before official opening, I would imagine the shuttles would start running early enough to have the turnstile lines primed for the official opening time. So this fits with it being 11:30 to noon on a Sunday, as supposedly the videographer claimed.

I'm sorry but as a skeptic I have to declare this video evidence of nothing because we haven't verified exactly when and on what date it was filmed and circumstantial evidence points to it being just before opening and may not accurately reflect overall Sunday business.

That said, I'd be unsurprised if the attendance numbers are concerning for the promoters and that Ham's declaration of surging numbers is apt to be empty PR claims. I would never go by the claims of the web site of the promoter, regardless of who the promoter is -- particularly when there are no specifics on offer. Trust me, if the attendance numbers were overwhelming, there WOULD be specifics on the ark encounter web site.

Indeed, the PR material on the site is dated, and talks about the park "opening soon". There is no info AT ALL following the opening. And that to me is more telling than the video. Considering all the $$ riding on their success, that they are not trumpeting their success is significant.

Old 08-29-2016, 11:09 AM

15,862 posts, read 6,325,302 times
Quote:
Look at you go!

Old 08-29-2016, 11:11 AM

10,202 posts, read 7,922,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OpanaPointer View Post
I've seen that elsewhere, it was 11:30 according to that report. If people were at all eager they'd have let them into the parking lot at least, just to keep the roads clear of congestion.

And why do they have people working on the Sabbath?
If one actually reads theBabbleâ„¢, it says that sabbath is on Saturday. But I bet they are open then also.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality