Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-05-2016, 09:01 AM

13,011 posts, read 13,038,222 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafius View Post
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahahahaha! How convenient.

He's a POE fishbrains.
Quite probably. I should have realized sooner, but I am just finishing my espresso. I will start thinking better in a bit.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-05-2016, 09:02 AM

16,155 posts, read 12,850,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by omega2xx View Post
I knew about genetics long before I knew about AIG. to bad you are not familiar with the basics of genetics .
Then if you know even the bog-standard basics of genetics, you will be able to answer these two questions won't you. Prove that you are not lying when you say that you know about genetics.

1. Explain the general idea of DNA genome mapping and how it is used to track the genotypic background of a modern species?

2. Explain three types of tRNA or DNA transcription errors in mitosis.

C'mon Edgar. Let's hear it. You have made the statement that you know about genetics so lets see if you understand even the basics of what you claim to know about.

Old 09-05-2016, 09:06 AM

16,155 posts, read 12,850,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fishbrains View Post
Quite probably. I should have realized sooner, but I am just finishing my espresso. I will start thinking better in a bit.
Yes. He used to be here as Eusebius. Disappeared without trace overnight and immediately re-appeared as omega. He is actually a great ally for atheist in that he demonstrates just how dumb fundies can be.

Old 09-05-2016, 09:06 AM

3,287 posts, read 2,302,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fishbrains View Post

Some people just like being dishonest.

Old 09-05-2016, 09:09 AM

13,011 posts, read 13,038,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafius View Post
Yes. He used to be here as Eusebius. Disappeared without trace overnight and immediately re-appeared as omega. He is actually a great ally for atheist in that he demonstrates just how dumb fundies can be.
I thought this guy might be different from Eusebius, as Eusebius rarely bothered to respond to most posts. This guy does, at least for now.

Old 09-05-2016, 09:10 AM

4,765 posts, read 1,993,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by badlander View Post
I have a degree in Science, including course and field work in biology, palonogy, geology, paleontology and physical geography. All your posts indicate that you have very little understanding of science in general, evolution in particular and no real wish to change that. That you are so willing to insult most of the other posters but more importantly the thousands of scientists who work or have worked in the field of evolution says more about yourself than it does about them. One of my highlights during my time in academia was being able to sit in a lecture theatre and listen live to Stephen Jay Gould.
You assume that because I reject evolution it is only because I am not able too understand the theory. Of course that is a self-serving statement. I have the ability to read and understand the basics of biology. That is enough to refute evolution. If it was only me rejecting it, that would be one thing, but they are scientist at least as qualified as you are who also reject it. If you don' have a PhD in biology, there are some who reject it who are more qualified than you are. Do you consider disagreeing an insult?

So after listening to Gould, are there any transitional fossil?

Since you have a degree in biology, tell me what determines if the offspring will have bones.

Quote:
I am not willing to discuss evolution with you as you have already shown to be of closed mind and are not willing to try to even understand the very basis that have been explained to you. There are tones of books out there written for the layperson explaining how evolution works and laying out the evidence. You have said that you do not like reading or studying but I guess you like making proclamations and declarations on a subject you know nothing about.
That's fine, but let me tell you something you need to know. You are not qualified to determine if I have a closed mind and not willing to understand what is said, not explained and that without any evidence. You make such an ignorant statement based on me not accepting your view of biology. Iwill tell you something else. You are not capable of providing one thing in the TOE, that has been proven scientifically.

Quote:
You strike me as yet another religious person for whom the ninth Commandment ( I think that is the correct one) does not apply to you and you can make any accusation against any scientist you wish.
And you strike me as just another evo fundamentalist who pontificates but can't prove what they say. It also strikes me as ironic that you use something you don't accept as being all true to insult me. Let me quote you a verse from God's inspired and inerrant word---Get the log out of your own eye before you try to get the speck out of mine.

Now you insult me by accusing me of beaning false witness. Now prove it or guess what you have done.

Old 09-05-2016, 09:12 AM

3,287 posts, read 2,302,136 times
There's really no reason to bother with this.

Old 09-05-2016, 09:17 AM

31,373 posts, read 20,168,052 times
He appears to have a deep-seated need to be wrong and obnoxious as often as possible.

Old 09-05-2016, 09:19 AM

3,639 posts, read 3,337,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by omega2xx View Post
Chimps are not classified as homo. That plus their DNA will keep them separate species.
It's exactly their DNA that demands they be classified as Homo (currently Pan). We are among the same family hominidae with DNA that is staggeringly similar.

Old 09-05-2016, 09:20 AM

10,202 posts, read 7,916,433 times
It amazes me that there are fundies who insist to proving to the world their ignorance, recalcitrantcy and complete lack of desire to change either.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality