Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-09-2016, 10:15 AM

11,761 posts, read 7,254,407 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by omega2xx View Post
When similarities evidence, get back o me. It is NEVER the similarities that are the problem for evolution, it is the differences.
LOL you don't have a clue what you are talking about. Nonsensical babble just does not cut it.
Quote:
Neither article explained how a leg can become a fin.
And you wonder why? Come on Einstein you should know better than that. Scientific papers that are published in peer reviewed science journals are not written to teach basic evolution. Anyone reading those published papers are expected to understand basic Evolutionary concepts.

If you want to understand how Speciation and Adaptation occurs then you will need a specific science education.
Quote:
The most absurd thing in the attempt to try and explain whale evolution is that what would cause a land animal surviving very well on land, to become a sea creature, where it would have less of a chance to survive.
LOL it's only absurd to a mind that has no ability to understand.
Quote:
That can never be explained, so why do you accept it?
It's old news and it's been well explained. I guess you missed learning about it...better get to cracking those science books...you have a lot of catching up to do.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-09-2016, 10:21 AM

Quote:
Same with evolutionist who write books based on evolution.
Right that makes about as much sense as all your posts.

You are just upset because you have been left out. A scientifically illiterate person would never be able to read or comprehend a science book written about Evolution or any scientific subject for that matter.

Your comment is about as obtuse as your understanding on Evolution.

Last edited by Matadora; 09-09-2016 at 10:31 AM..

Old 09-09-2016, 10:31 AM

Quote:
It does both.
Yes it's been established and confirmed over and over in your posts that you have a serious deficiency with the use, definition and meaning of words.
Quote:
You opinions is noted and rejected. I know who I am---a Biblical creationists, who can proved more in the first chapter of genesis than you can prove in 100+ years of evo guessing. What I am about is expose the lack of scientific evidence to support evolution.
Yes we know what your problem is. You've been brainwashed and duped by the sheeple preaching.
Quote:
From what you post , I know more about evolution than you do.
The comments you have made about what Evolutionary Biology claims are DEMONSTRABLY indicative of you simply having no idea what you are talking about. At all. Not even a little bit.

You had better get to cracking on that science education that you sorely lack. I personally think you would fail every science course attempted...your posts demonstrate that you don't possess the aptitude for science.

You got the short end of the stick when you inherited your genes.
Quote:
I suggest instead of saying I don't understand, you offer some scientific evidence that supports evolution or give up, because I will keep asking for it.
Keep asking and I will continue to say that I have offered more than enough evidence to debunk your creation garbage. You are not capable of understanding it due to your scientific illiteracy and other cognitive deficiencies that you've displayed in your posts.

Here you go! An entire Critique Debunking Creationist Garbage...read it and get back to us.

Critique: Exploring "Explore Evolution"

This book uses the creationist “evidence against evolution” and “teach the controversy” strategies to misrepresent scientific consensus and distort the conclusions of legitimate scientific research. Explore Evolution offers anonymous “critics” in place of substantive analysis.

Explore Evolution promotes “intelligent design” creationism. Four of the book’s five co-authors are closely tied to the “intelligent design” creationism movement. Lead author Stephen C. Meyer is a Discovery Institute (DI) vice president and program director of the DI’s Center for Science and Culture. Paul A. Nelson is a fellow of the DI. In 2005 in the Kitzmiller trial, Scott Minnich testified in favor of teaching “intelligent design” in public schools.

Beneath all its distortions, all its misrepresentations of modern evolutionary science, Explore Evolution uses familiar and long-refuted creationist anti-evolution arguments. Students who are required to read this book in a science classroom will be confused by its flagrant inaccuracies, and will be put at a disadvantage in standardized tests which require an understanding of modern biology.

NCSE and a team of consulting scientists have prepared this detailed chapter-by-chapter, page-by-page analysis of the book’s errors, failings, and distortions.

Old 09-09-2016, 10:47 AM

31,373 posts, read 20,168,052 times
It may help to know, in future dealings with omega, that he is 84 years old and not in the least inclined to alter his cemented views.

He's heading towards his maker with bible-belief intact, despite what the educated world thinks.

Old 09-09-2016, 10:52 AM

3,287 posts, read 2,302,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matadora View Post
A scientifically illiterate person would never be able to read or comprehend a science book written about Evolution or any scientific subject for that matter.
Like me? Seriously, I started with these books.

Old 09-09-2016, 10:54 AM

7,058 posts, read 9,075,840 times
Quote:
Your link was about bees. The subject is about evolution. The link YOU GAVE was not about evolution.
Now, why do you need to go saying things that have no basis in reality?

I did not provide a link at all, it is expected that if you are as knowledgeable as you claim to be you would be able to locate the necessary information in order to proceed with an intelligent discussion of the subject matter. I named a species and an environmental condition, that species was not bees, and bees are not part of the discussion. *You* are the one introducing bees into it, which is neither required nor desired.

In order to keep it as simple as possible for you, discussion is restricted to only the named species, and what (if any) effect the named environmental condition would/will/does have on said named species.

It is only you who is attempting to complicate/redirect, which is either intentional or an indication of a lack of understanding of the matter.

Your failure to provide the discussion you claimed to be able to provide (despite the exceedingly simple parameters given), and the 'red herring' of attempting to introduce an alternate topic, continue to display an apparent inability to comprehend the subject and formulate an appropriate dissertation.

Your evasion does not demonstrate the knowledge you claim to have, in fact, it conveys the opposite.

Old 09-09-2016, 10:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
It may help to know, in future dealings with omega, that he is 84 years old and not in the least inclined to alter his cemented views.

He's heading towards his maker with bible-belief intact, despite what the educated world thinks.
He should just take that bible and head on over to the christian thread and pound on it all day long. Leave the Science discussions to those who can intelligently hold conversations about it.

Old 09-09-2016, 10:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OpanaPointer View Post
Like me? Seriously, I started with these books.
Good for you! However, omega does not possess the aptitude to learn. Can't teach some old dogs new things.

Old 09-09-2016, 11:00 AM

31,373 posts, read 20,168,052 times
Quote:
He should just take that bible and head on over to the christian thread and pound on it all day long. Leave the Science discussions to those who can intelligently hold conversations about it.
Oh, he's over there too, lecturing away and replying to posts which are not about him or what he said.

Old 09-09-2016, 11:00 AM

3,287 posts, read 2,302,136 times
Quote:
Good for you! However, omega does not possess the aptitude to learn. Can't teach some old dogs new things.
I don't consider us as speaking to the hard-core believers, they will never change their minds. I speak to the fence-sitters, especially my younger cousins. They haven't ossified yet so there's still a chance they can escape the pit their elders have dug to block out the world and the light. I've given out a lot of those books to kids who are being homeschooled to keep them away from science and anything like a diverse school environment. So far so good, the future is brighter for them than their parents could imagine.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality