Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-17-2016, 06:41 AM

4,765 posts, read 1,985,995 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matadora View Post
Hey every one...here is a prime example of a lowly dishonest creationist practice . It's called quote mining.

Quote Mining is the practice of quoting out of context (sometimes referred to as "contextomy" and quote mining), is an informal fallacy and a type of false attribution in which a passage is removed from its surrounding matter in such a way as to distort its intended meaning.
This is not about quote mining, it is about presenting the evidence for what we say. Also, quote mining does not mean the quote was taken out of context.

Quote:
This link provides wonderful examples of dishonest creationist quote mining examples. Quote Mine Project

Can a Universe Create Itself Out of Nothing?

Back to the example. Open the above link and you will see the portion that was quote mined. What is ridiculous about this quote mine attempt is that they quote mined the actual question being asked! LOL
That article did not present one iota of evidence. All it said is that it happened. That is the usual evo practice.

Quote:
Today, Dr. Kaku addresses a question posed by Brian Flatt.

Who also left room for "God did it."

Quote:
The article explains it nicely...you just need to be able to understand the answer provided in the article.
You can;'t stare at third base. You need to start before there was an atmosphere, before there was nothing at all.

Quote:
Cupper also posted a great video featuring Lawrence Krauss who does an excellent job of explaining it.

Prof. Lawrence M. Krauss is an internationally known theoretical physicist with wide research interests, including the interface between elementary particle physics and cosmology, where his studies include the early universe, the nature of dark matter, general relativity and neutrino astrophysics.

In other-words Krauss knows what he's talking about. LAWRENCE M. KRAUSS BIO
[/quote]

The key to accepting/rejecting his theory is that he is classified as a theoretical physicist.

Quote:
***Creationists are some of the most dishonest folks you will ever come across.***
The most dishonest are those who claim something is true, but NEVER offer any supporting evidence.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-17-2016, 06:56 AM

7,058 posts, read 9,046,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by omega2xx View Post
The most dishonest are those who claim something is true, but NEVER offer any supporting evidence.
Hmmmm...nothing to argue here...possibly the most accurate and truthful post by this alias.

Old 09-17-2016, 11:37 AM

11,761 posts, read 7,231,599 times
Quote:
Yawning 😤

No thanks, I am not interested in playing your shenanigans. I know exactly what you're about.

Old 09-18-2016, 05:40 AM

Quote:
Yawning 😤

No thanks, I am not interested in playing your shenanigans.
If asking for the evidence for what evolution preaches, color me guilty. I don't understand why "evidence" is a dirty word to evolutionists. That is what real science is all about.

Quote:
I know exactly what you're about.
Actually you don't. I am all about being able to evaluate the evidence for what is said, or to admit their is none.

When I ask for it, the evolutionists stop discussing and resort to insulting those who dare to question their faith.

I understand rejecting creationism; been there, done that. What I don't understand is the animosity, rudeness and insults directed toward those who reject the TOE. Are evolutionists not really able to discuss differences in a civil manner?

IMO, when anyone results to insulting those who reject what they accept, it is because they are unsure of their positions.

Old 09-18-2016, 05:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cupper3 View Post
And why they are despised. We can take their misguided faith, we cannot take their blatant dishonesty.
It is very sad that those who reject the TOE are despised. Are you really not able to discuss our differences in a civil manner?

Rudeness is a sign of a lack of the intellect needed to discuss the subject. It really points to the inability to defend what you say.

Old 09-18-2016, 10:50 AM

11,761 posts, read 7,231,599 times
Quote:
If asking for the evidence for what evolution preaches, color me guilty. I don't understand why "evidence" is a dirty word to evolutionists. That is what real science is all about.
This is the reason everyone has decided to stop engaging with you.

You lie and misrepresent facts. You don't understand basic concepts nor do you even understand how something becomes a Scientific Theory.

You don't know what evidence is, nor what it looks like, nor how to evaluate it.
Quote:
I am all about being able to evaluate the evidence for what is said, or to admit their is none.
More disingenuous statements.
Quote:
What I don't understand is the animosity, rudeness and insults directed toward those who reject the TOE.
No one cares what you want to believe. No one.

People are fed up with your lies, fed up with your false statements, fed up with your lack of science literacy, fed up with your creationist tactics which amount to more lies and deception, fed up with your inability to hold a mature objectionable discussion.

The above traits don't render one success in a public forum.

Good riddance to you and your shenanigans, no one will play your game any longer. You are a waste of time and effort.

Last edited by Matadora; 09-18-2016 at 11:09 AM..

Old 09-18-2016, 11:46 AM

9,345 posts, read 4,301,683 times
Quote:
This is the reason everyone has decided to stop engaging with you.

You lie and misrepresent facts. You don't understand basic concepts nor do you even understand how something becomes a Scientific Theory.

You don't know what evidence is, nor what it looks like, nor how to evaluate it.
More disingenuous statements.
No one cares what you want to believe. No one.

People are fed up with your lies, fed up with your false statements, fed up with your lack of science literacy, fed up with your creationist tactics which amount to more lies and deception, fed up with your inability to hold a mature objectionable discussion.

The above traits don't render one success in a public forum.

Good riddance to you and your shenanigans, no one will play your game any longer. You are a waste of time and effort.
Well said, you presented him lots of links to evidence and there are entire library shelves filled with books that he could read. And the full explanation given to him was simply totally dismissed as nonsense. But he does provide us with a great example of being an dishonest and rude poster.

Now to go back to reading Grand Design.

Old 09-18-2016, 12:11 PM

16,155 posts, read 12,821,127 times
Quote:
... You don't understand basic concepts nor do you even understand how something becomes a Scientific Theory.
Oh yes he does. Eusebius is one of the finest POE/Trolls I have come across on more than 16 years of forums. He gets us all arguing with him...whilst laughing his socks off. The best way to deal with him is to ignore his taunts, well, until he comes back as someone else and we all fall for his game again.

Old 09-18-2016, 12:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by badlander View Post
Well said, you presented him lots of links to evidence and there are entire library shelves filled with books that he could read. And the full explanation given to him was simply totally dismissed as nonsense. But he does provide us with a great example of being an dishonest and rude poster.

Now to go back to reading Grand Design.
You only confirm that you do not understand what scientific evidence is. None of the links I have received here had any evidence. I did not dismiss what she posted, I rejected it for lack of evidence. I will challenge you to post the evidence given in that link she referenced.

If you will post anything I said that was rude or dishonest, i will apologize.

If you want to see what is really rude and insulting, check some of hers and TroutDude's comments about me. Start with post 503 in this thread.

Old 09-18-2016, 12:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafius View Post
Oh yes he does. Eusebius is one of the finest POE/Trolls I have come across on more than 16 years of forums. He gets us all arguing with him...whilst laughing his socks off. The best way to deal with him is to ignore his taunts, well, until he comes back as someone else and we all fall for his game again.
I don't laugh at what you evo fundies say. it is sad,, not funny, that some accept opinions as scientific evidence.

Asking for evidence is only a taunt to those who think the question threatens their faith. Discussion is nto a game, but maybe you think it is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality