Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-01-2016, 10:30 PM

10,202 posts, read 7,919,895 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boris347 View Post
Boy, that's a hard one. What's the difference? Hmmmmmm. Could it be that the Christians aren't going around the World acting on it, and the Muslims are?

When the JWs or another Group, form a Nation and start slaughtering thousands of people, chop off heads, burn folks alive, come back and ask us again.

That is irrelevant, as both books call for horrendous acts, and religious people hold them as real, and have acted on them. Crusades ring a bell? The Irish troubles? The forced conversions of North American Indians?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-01-2016, 10:31 PM

10,202 posts, read 7,919,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoCardinals View Post
Two brain cells are required to realize this.

If Quran stated to kill all infidels then you wouldn't have million upon millions of non-Muslims living in predominately Muslim countries. There wouldn't be any interfaith marriages between Muslims and "infidels".

There wouldn't be any Muslims in Vatican city or any other christian dominated country.

There wouldn't be any church bells ringing in a country like Pakistan.

here..

Muslim farmers build church for Christian neighbors

Muslim farmers in a village in near the city of Gojra in Pakistan's Punjab province are putting their savings together and helping build a church for the Christians in their neighbourhood.

Muslim farmers build church for Christian neighbours - BBC News

So perhaps it's time to realize that there is world beyond what you can imagine. Open up to the possibility of learning and understanding, before attacking.
Your "holy book" and the hadiths call for violence against infidels. The OT and NT call for violence against non-believers. It's a good thing that secularism is making inroads.

Old 09-02-2016, 12:27 AM

6,115 posts, read 3,085,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cupper3 View Post
Your "holy book" and the hadiths call for violence against infidels. The OT and NT call for violence against non-believers. It's a good thing that secularism is making inroads.
Define violence.
Your army when in a state of war indulgence violence upon the enemy. The general tells its troops to attack and kill. Isn't that violence? Don't we live in a country who practices violence through its army in other countries?

When you are in a state of combat, it's your right to defend yourself IF you are attacked. How hard is it to understand?

Show me where does my book say to indulge violence on innocent people?

Many states in the US practice capital punishment. Is that violence?

What do you want our troops to do when they get attacked by some crazy Talibans in Tora Bora? Sing hyms to them, as attacking back and killing them will be violence?

Old 09-02-2016, 03:47 AM

9,689 posts, read 10,014,164 times
Christians are called to worship God in spirit and in truth , and they are called to let it go and love their neighbor and not to fight with flesh and blood and fight the devil in the spirit for their enemies , ..... then we have ignorant men of IS who kill people literal like Mohammad of the Koran ............You do not see Christians killing people like the law of Moses , and people like westboro Baptist church is condemned by 99.9% of Christians ..............That's the difference

Old 09-02-2016, 07:30 AM

21,088 posts, read 29,216,093 times
Quote:
And don't give us this "Out of context" nonsense, because it isn't. And don't even try and say, "Well, that's the OT", because you are perfectly comfortable quoting things like anti-gay or your 10 commandments from that. Yeah, we know all about that fulfillment stuff from your christ, but he also said he was not there to "change one tittle", so that is a non-argument also.

So, let's get into the nitty-gritty, shall we?

Deuteronomy 17
17:2 If there be found among you, within any of thy gates which the LORD thy God giveth thee, man or woman, that hath wrought wickedness in the sight of the LORD thy God, in transgressing his covenant;
17:3 And hath gone and served other gods, and worshipped them, either the sun, or moon, or any of the host of heaven, which I have not commanded;
17:4 And it be told thee, and thou hast heard of it, and enquired diligently, and, behold, it be true, and the thing certain, that such abomination is wrought in Israel;
17:5 Then shalt thou bring forth that man or that woman, which have committed that wicked thing, unto thy gates, even that man or that woman, and shalt stone them with stones, till they die.
So, with that Abrahamic script put down, is it any wonder Mo the prophet commanded infidels to be killed? I mean, look how that worked out for the jews and christians, right? Hey, it must be a good thing, so why not jump on that bandwagon.

Disgusting pieces of literature, both of them. Even more disgusting are those that take them at their word.
What's teh difference?

One is a directive from god, the other a directive from god...my bad, there is no difference.

Old 09-02-2016, 07:35 AM

21,088 posts, read 29,216,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hljc View Post
Christians are called to worship God in spirit and in truth , and they are called to let it go and love their neighbor and not to fight with flesh and blood and fight the devil in the spirit for their enemies , ..... then we have ignorant men of IS who kill people literal like Mohammad of the Koran ............You do not see Christians killing people like the law of Moses , and people like westboro Baptist church is condemned by 99.9% of Christians ..............That's the difference
Well, you might want to rethink that statement...

American Pastor Who Helped Uganda Create ‘Kill The Gays’ Law Will Be Tried For Crimes Against Humanity

Tens of thousands of Muslims flee Christian militias in Central African Republic

WATCH: Christian Extremists Mass Behead Muslims in Africa

Christian Militias In The CAR Give Muslims A Choice: Convert Or Die

christians killing in the name of god

Old 09-02-2016, 07:56 AM

18,491 posts, read 9,155,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by revrandy View Post
Please quote me one where Jesus spoke against homosexuality. Not Paul, Jesus. FYI I am a Christian, not a Paulist.

Thank you.
A Paulist? What's that?

Old 09-02-2016, 07:58 AM

44,254 posts, read 64,351,440 times
As anyone from any other religion who has been oppressed or hurt by these two religions can tell you, there's really very little difference.
Which is why it's hilarious they seem to hate each other so much or call out each other's evils.
Two sides of same coin.

Old 09-02-2016, 07:59 AM

44,254 posts, read 64,351,440 times
Quote:
That is irrelevant, as both books call for horrendous acts, and religious people hold them as real, and have acted on them. Crusades ring a bell? The Irish troubles? The forced conversions of North American Indians?
Or, more recently, the oppression and slaughter and enslavement of all the colonies during European imperialism.
So easy to forget.

Old 09-02-2016, 08:53 AM

19,942 posts, read 17,185,929 times
Quote:
And as I pointed out in post #10, Jesus still talked and reinforced the old rules about killing children if they "curse their parents".

Matthew 15: 1-9
1 Then came to Jesus scribes and Pharisees, which were of Jerusalem, saying,
2 Why do thy disciples transgress the tradition of the elders? for they wash not their hands when they eat bread.
3 But he answered and said unto them, Why do ye also transgress the commandment of God by your tradition?
4 For God commanded, saying, Honour thy father and mother: and, He that curseth father or mother, let him die the death.
5 But ye say, Whosoever shall say to his father or his mother, It is a gift, by whatsoever thou mightest be profited by me;
6 And honour not his father or his mother, he shall be free. Thus have ye made the commandment of God of none effect by your tradition.
7 Ye hypocrites, well did Esaias prophesy of you, saying,
8 This people draweth nigh unto me with their mouth, and honoureth me with their lips; but their heart is far from me.
9 But in vain they do worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men.

And then there is that inconvenient truth that Jesus said about not "one tittle" was to be changed from the OT.
Again...I realize that understanding and reading a text in context is not your strong suit. I get that. But PLEASE try to understand the context here.

Jesus was not commanding anyone to kill anyone. Your problem is that you stopped at verse 9. It's really interesting when you read the WHOLE text, how the meaning is revealed. Try reading on for 2 verses.

" After Jesus called the crowd to Him, He said to them, “Hear and understand.
11 “It is not what enters into the mouth that defiles the man, but what proceeds out of the mouth, this defiles the man.”

Jesus is pointing out their hypocrisy at getting worked up over a trivial matter when they themselves don't adhere to the ENTIRE OT LAW. So he pointed out that they SHOULD NOT try to hold to the idea of ceremonial washing of hands because that does nothing for them -- as does obeying the Law of Moses. He was not advocating killing of children -- but he was saying that they pick and choose the verses to apply.

The thing is....we don't try to follow the OT Law. We know it doesn't make us holy before God.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality