Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-14-2016, 04:23 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,177,253 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
In your view, he seems to be impressed with the actions of one sinful human being but not another.
Really? You're going to tell me my view of God? How very amusing. Is the theory you'll take a wild guess in hopes you can call my personal beliefs about God wrong?

Because I've no idea what you're talking about. God gets impressed? Hmmmm....is he impressed when you mock LGBTQ? How does that work in your version of Christianity?

Last edited by DewDropInn; 09-14-2016 at 04:36 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-14-2016, 04:53 PM

10,531 posts, read 6,165,986 times
Quote:
You're right. If he trusted Christ before he died, he's in the presence of God now. He is innocent and clean in God's eyes.

He was a horrible, horrible person. But compared to God, you and I are no better. It's like trying to hold a candle up to sun in comparison and claiming to be full of light. Your light, however bright it may be in a dark room is nothing compared to the sun.

So no..I don't care to try again. I was right the first time. You, on the other hand, have a very very small view of God.
How can a person responsible for the torture and death of 6 million Jews, ever, in any context be thought of as innocent and clean?

You and I are no better than Hitler? Speak for yourself Vizio. I'm gonna say with 100% certainty I'm better than Hitler.

Old 09-14-2016, 05:53 PM

19,942 posts, read 17,192,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruithne View Post
How can a person responsible for the torture and death of 6 million Jews, ever, in any context be thought of as innocent and clean?
Because, if he trusted Jesus, He is not guilty of those things -- Jesus would be. Jesus was punished on the cross in his place.
Quote:
You and I are no better than Hitler? Speak for yourself Vizio. I'm gonna say with 100% certainty I'm better than Hitler.
Relatively speaking, yes. We are both wooooooorlds better. But in the absolute, infinite holiness of God? We're not.

Old 09-14-2016, 06:04 PM

11,162 posts, read 7,637,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruithne View Post

Meanwhile, we have recently learned that the infants and toddlers who were drowned in the great flood were evil.

It is startling that any mentally stable person could hold both points of view.

Old 09-14-2016, 06:16 PM

48,564 posts, read 24,122,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cupper3 View Post

Worm food, Vizio. That is all we become. And that is a good thing, not a bad thing.
Good thing? Becoming worm food? While I'm realistic and recognize that this is our fate, I can't bring myself around to aspiring for it. My notion is that walking around on the earth beats being being under it. Everything dies and I don't expect to be the exception, but I'm not thrilled about it.

Old 09-14-2016, 07:16 PM

10,531 posts, read 6,165,986 times
Quote:
Because, if he trusted Jesus, He is not guilty of those things -- Jesus would be. Jesus was punished on the cross in his place.

Relatively speaking, yes. We are both wooooooorlds better. But in the absolute, infinite holiness of God? We're not.
Hmm. 6 million Jews versus one guy on a cross. I'm gonna say that's not exactly well balanced.

I can just imagine Hitler in his dying hour... "Oh darn, it I ordered the suffering and murder of 6 million Jews, now I'm going to be punished. Maybe if I accept Jesus I will go to heaven, after all he died on a cross...oh. wait"

Nope doesn't work.

Old 09-14-2016, 08:37 PM

10,202 posts, read 7,922,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandstander View Post
Good thing? Becoming worm food? While I'm realistic and recognize that this is our fate, I can't bring myself around to aspiring for it. My notion is that walking around on the earth beats being being under it. Everything dies and I don't expect to be the exception, but I'm not thrilled about it.
Well, I never said I wanted to become worm food any time soon, but that is irrelevant. We all die, it is a matter of when.

When we do, what better way than becoming part of the natural cycle? Why even consider the toxic mix of embalming fluids or the waste of fuel and carbon emissions if one takes the incinerated route? What better way but becoming part of the whole, that our atoms that constitute our bodies that once were star dust can now play a role in the earth's life cycle, until it and we all become star dust again when our sun explodes?

We are in the universe, we are part of the universe and, most of important, it is part of us. No artificial constructs like woo religion required. Science and real, but oh so very spiritual. Reality is so much better than fairy tales.

So yes, I am glad in the knowledge that I will become worm food. How much better an eternal existence than that is started then?

Listen to Neil deGrasse Tyson explain:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9D05ej8u-gU

Old 09-14-2016, 08:40 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,184,822 times
Quote:

Speak for yourself, pastor.

Old 09-14-2016, 08:45 PM

15,862 posts, read 6,325,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petunia 100 View Post
Meanwhile, we have recently learned that the infants and toddlers who were drowned in the great flood were evil.

It is startling that any mentally stable person could hold both points of view.
...and all the animals too. God seems pretty inefficient at killing. At least from my flawed human standpoint.

Actions of sinful humans:

Old 09-14-2016, 08:46 PM

11,761 posts, read 7,260,344 times
Quote:
Quite a disingenuous loop hole you guys love to cling to. No matter what you do as long as you believe then you are not responsible or accountable for your heinousness actions.

That's not the way it works no matter how much you want to believe it does.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality