Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-20-2016, 12:34 PM

11,761 posts, read 7,260,344 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truth11 View Post
How do I move with NO money?....
Do you have a wife? Does she work?

Can you take a loan from a friend or family member? What about your wife can she take a loan from family or a close friend?

Are you collecting unemployment? How did you separate from your last job?

You can take any job to raise enough money in order to get yourself out of this rut you created. Work in fast food if you have to. Work as a bartender. Work as a waiter. Find a seasonal holiday job...since we are now in the season. Go to the unemployment office and see what resources they have to help you kick start yourself or even help you find a job.

Sometimes you just have to let go, get rid of things and start all over.

No offense, but your attitude reminds me of my mother. Her attitude was a broken record of: it won't work, why try, no not good enough, it's no use...why try, woes me. She does not even put forth effort to research her options...she never has. I despise that attitude with a passion.

That attitude is why her and I are like oil and water. It's why my life worked out well and hers turned out the way that it did. I busted my butt my entire life to help her live a better life...and so far it has been mostly a wasted effort...due to her poor attitude and extreme stubbornness.

If you are like my mom then you are going to experience an unlucky life full of poor decisions with bad outcomes.

I firmly believe where there's a will, there's a way....however with that a person also needs to be intelligent enough, talented enough and capable enough to bring about the results they want.

Last edited by Matadora; 11-20-2016 at 01:45 PM..

Old 11-20-2016, 03:29 PM

Geez now it all makes perfect sense.

Just Bad All Around

You made a serious bad decision here and are continuing to make it by participating in this relationship.

Instead of continuing to waste your time on this situation I would pack up my bags and escape as quickly as I could.

Looking through your previous posts it appears that you have lost several jobs. Dysfunctional toxic relationships can affect your job, your spirit, your motivation in life, and most importantly your mental and physical health.

You were not dealt a bad deck of cards...you personally made some of the worst decisions and choices a grown man could possibly make.

Old 11-20-2016, 03:35 PM

28,432 posts, read 11,580,220 times
broken is seen from the outside looking in.
Rarely do the occupants know.

Just like here at CD.

Old 11-20-2016, 03:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arach Angle View Post
broken is seen from the outside looking in.
Rarely do the occupants know.
Hog wash. Go and read some of his posts and find that all he does is whine about his broken dysfunctional relationship and how he's the evil step parent...but yet he continues to participate in spite of his life being on a perpetual merry-go-round of critical junctures and job losses. He knows exactly what his situation is and has been whining about it for years...he's just too toxic and dysfunctional himself to do anything about it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arach Angle View Post
Just like here at CD.
I like the honest way you speak for yourself.

Last edited by Matadora; 11-20-2016 at 03:54 PM..

Old 11-20-2016, 04:05 PM

1,333 posts, read 883,544 times
Quote:
Not true. Like a previous poster said it's basically a crapshoot. Do you realize how many people pursue things like that only to fall short? Everyone can't be rock stars,athletes etc. It comes down to genetics and luck mostly.
What are you talking about?
You didn't say you wanted to be a rock star and I didn't suggest that you wanted to be a rock star. You said "rockstar life".

And no, I don't accept that it comes down to luck. Genetics to some degree.

What it comes down to is being ambitious and working hard. Don't waste time thinking "poor me, I'll never be a rock star..." That's your first problem to deal with. Everytime you sit infront of your computer, learn something new. Learn to program. Learn to play guitar. Learn to write. Learn to engineer. Learn to be an accountant. Learn to work on cars.

The more things you know the more opportunities can present themselves to you if you are willing to look. ANYONE can do this. The problem is that most people will choose not to.

If you just sit there and spend all day making excuses for why you can't be successful, then you won't be and moreover, that's exactly what you've earned.

Old 11-20-2016, 07:12 PM

2,826 posts, read 2,368,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matadora View Post
Geez now it all makes perfect sense.

Just Bad All Around

You made a serious bad decision here and are continuing to make it by participating in this relationship.

Instead of continuing to waste your time on this situation I would pack up my bags and escape as quickly as I could.

Looking through your previous posts it appears that you have lost several jobs. Dysfunctional toxic relationships can affect your job, your spirit, your motivation in life, and most importantly your mental and physical health.

You were not dealt a bad deck of cards...you personally made some of the worst decisions and choices a grown man could possibly make.
This is the problem I have with fatalism, it is hard case copout behavior, usually to blanket seriously bad decisions. Trust me, I know this. As a teen it was always someone else's fault. I was always angry at what seemed to be a situation I couldn't do anything about.

Then in my thirties, I realized that all of these so-called fate events were caused by me and my toxic attitude. Reading through the following thread, it seemed like you two are on the same forum. **** no. There were several ways this situation could have been better, going to a different forum, talking to her more, even staging some counseling and quality time together.

Old 11-20-2016, 09:01 PM

4,045 posts, read 4,430,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mordant View Post
Not trying and looking for ways to not try doesn't help.
Who does that? No one around here tries harder than I do. While most of them just give up and succumb to the drug culture around here,I'm still plugging along...

Old 11-20-2016, 09:01 PM

12,595 posts, read 6,651,631 times
Quote:
Ok bully
She is no bully. She is telling it straight.

I will paraphrase, reiterate and, add some of my own "counsel": Learn to love work, and even if you don't...continue with focus and purpose anyway....ANNNNNND...Suck It Up Cupcake!
AH-TEN-SHUN! FOR-WARD, HARCH!
HUP-TWO, THREE, FOUR...TWO, THREE, FOUR.
DOUBLE TIME--HARCH!
CAN'T QUIT! WON'T QUIT!...FEELS GOOD! REAL GOOD!

There ya go!

Old 11-20-2016, 09:05 PM

Quote:
Do you have a wife? Does she work?

Can you take a loan from a friend or family member? What about your wife can she take a loan from family or a close friend?

Are you collecting unemployment? How did you separate from your last job?

You can take any job to raise enough money in order to get yourself out of this rut you created. Work in fast food if you have to. Work as a bartender. Work as a waiter. Find a seasonal holiday job...since we are now in the season. Go to the unemployment office and see what resources they have to help you kick start yourself or even help you find a job.

Sometimes you just have to let go, get rid of things and start all over.

No offense, but your attitude reminds me of my mother. Her attitude was a broken record of: it won't work, why try, no not good enough, it's no use...why try, woes me. She does not even put forth effort to research her options...she never has. I despise that attitude with a passion.

That attitude is why her and I are like oil and water. It's why my life worked out well and hers turned out the way that it did. I busted my butt my entire life to help her live a better life...and so far it has been mostly a wasted effort...due to her poor attitude and extreme stubbornness.

If you are like my mom then you are going to experience an unlucky life full of poor decisions with bad outcomes.

I firmly believe where there's a will, there's a way....however with that a person also needs to be intelligent enough, talented enough and capable enough to bring about the results they want.
Well offense taken,I don't need to be compared to your MOTHER. Maybe you 2 didn't mix because her circumstances were different than yours. Like I said before,not everyone gets the same breaks...if we all did then we'd probably all be the same.

The difference is that I've tried all those things mentioned and found out first hand that they didn't work.

Old 11-20-2016, 09:06 PM

Quote:
You know nothing...there's more to someone's life than just someone stalking some old posts here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality