Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-15-2016, 06:24 PM

6,222 posts, read 4,008,162 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukrkoz View Post
Have you ever closely looked at what their life is like? Do you really want a disaster like that? Did it make any of them happy?
What's there to envy?
Yes, the OP should up his/her game and envy someone like the Queen of England.

Old 11-15-2016, 07:45 PM

19,958 posts, read 13,450,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Truth11 View Post
I've had a mostly rocky life, regardless of what religious/spiritual beliefs I've had. So do you think it's just all in the cards? Have your beliefs ever changed your life at all?
My beliefs have not magically protected me from the slings and arrows of outrageous fortune, no.

Some beliefs are more reality-based and some are more maladaptive, so I wouldn't say beliefs don't influence your life for good or ill. But there are no guarantees. The connection between intents / effort and outcomes will always be flaky at best.

Old 11-15-2016, 07:45 PM

25,436 posts, read 9,793,288 times
When I was a believer, I used to take life so personally. I felt like I could "believe" for good things to happen. Now I realize life's a crapshoot. Sometimes good things happen, sometimes bad things happen. At least now I don't blame anyone or anything when something bad happens. Since I have no faith, it's not shaken. However, I do try to keep an attitude of gratefulness to the Universe in general, which I believe binds all living things together, and of which we are a part. And that, my friend, is my religion, lol.

Old 11-15-2016, 08:34 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,168,052 times
Quote:
I've had a mostly rocky life, regardless of what religious/spiritual beliefs I've had. So do you think it's just all in the cards? Have your beliefs ever changed your life at all?
My beliefs have helped me react to life's unlooked-for events in a mostly positive way.

So, yes.

But don't all beliefs alter lives? How can they not?

Old 11-15-2016, 09:07 PM

1,333 posts, read 882,650 times
Quote:
Really? Where's the magic wand for that? Personally I've always wanted the rich,rock star life but it's turning out anything but.
Time for a change of plans. If you're working harder than most and you're goal is a "rich rockstar life" and on top of that, it's not working, then guess what? You're doing something wrong.

Old 11-15-2016, 09:20 PM

3,348 posts, read 1,636,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
When I was a believer, I used to take life so personally. I felt like I could "believe" for good things to happen. Now I realize life's a crapshoot. Sometimes good things happen, sometimes bad things happen. At least now I don't blame anyone or anything when something bad happens. Since I have no faith, it's not shaken. However, I do try to keep an attitude of gratefulness to the Universe in general, which I believe binds all living things together, and of which we are a part. And that, my friend, is my religion, lol.
straight out of the Book, that is.

Old 11-16-2016, 03:28 AM

9,689 posts, read 10,008,103 times
The best religious spiritual belief is the religion with the Baptism of the Holy Spirit , which people are under the wing of God , and through the prayers with the authority of the believer life comes with ease through Christ.........Anything less than that comes with a hard life

Old 11-16-2016, 05:46 AM

21,088 posts, read 29,206,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hljc View Post
The best religious spiritual belief is the religion with the Baptism of the Holy Spirit , which people are under the wing of God , and through the prayers with the authority of the believer life comes with ease through Christ.........Anything less than that comes with a hard life
and for those who did the baptism Holy Spirit show and still have a hard life??

Old 11-16-2016, 05:47 AM

19,958 posts, read 13,450,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
and for those who did those and still have a hard life??
Why, they're doing it wrong, of course.

Or, they aren't as good at keeping up appearances ;-)

Old 11-16-2016, 06:03 AM

2,826 posts, read 2,366,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ukrkoz View Post
Have you ever closely looked at what their life is like? Do you really want a disaster like that? Did it make any of them happy?
What's there to envy?
I think that's a joke.

1. Unless rockstars do everything including making their own records (or selling albums online), they typically make around $16 per every THOUSAND sales. They are famous without the rich part.
2. They are often so sucked in to the lifestyle that they spend beyond their means.
3. The fame part is more a curse than a blessing. They can't ever just be themselves, unless they have a very distinctive makeup and wig system. Think Lady Gaga or Katy Perry.
4. Most of them don't really get to reach their audience in a positive way, they sing what others tell them to.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality