Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-25-2017, 05:39 AM

392 posts, read 248,100 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubble99 View Post
Probably because there is not that much in bible on what is heaven like, what happens at death and what is hell like or most of any religion out there for that matter.

The old testament version of hell is tormented day and night for ever, well the soul is burning in pain and screaming in pain. Well the new testament is long deep sleep. The soul is not aware of time passing or it is sleeping.

Well Buddhism and Hinduism has no hell, all it say is evil and bad deeds one life is the next life is worse. So rich man that sins that love money your next life may be some poor kid in a African village.

Older Egypt religion version of hell is worse than Christians version of hell.
The Department of Transportation could be now saying that all flights are grounded if that department is redefined accordingly. There are also discrepancies in your post, alternating between the texts (Old Testament), the nation (Egypt), the life (Hinduism), etc. as sources or authors.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-25-2017, 10:46 AM

2,065 posts, read 2,160,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan2008 View Post
Don't understand how souls can be in heaven or hell currently. I thought according to the Bible that Judgement Day is in the future and that it is THEN that souls will be judged to go to heaven or hell. I'm atheist by the way so I am just inquiring as to this belief to clarify what Bible believers think.
I'm not a bible believer, but I know the answer. All souls, which are encased in spirit bodies, pass over to the spirit world upon the death of the physical body. They either go to heaven or hell depending on the condition of their soul. This is their first temporary place of abode. This is the judgment. It ain't happening at any other future time here on earth. Death brings it on.

Old 02-25-2017, 02:24 PM

1,230 posts, read 988,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by overcastg4 View Post
The Department of Transportation could be now saying that all flights are grounded if that department is redefined accordingly. There are also discrepancies in your post, alternating between the texts (Old Testament), the nation (Egypt), the life (Hinduism), etc. as sources or authors.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalAngel2009 View Post
I'm not a bible believer,but I know the answer. All souls, which are encased in spirit bodies, pass over to the spirit world upon the death of the physical body. They either go to heaven or hell depending on the condition of their soul. This is their first temporary place of abode. This is the judgment. It ain't happening at any other future time here on earth. Death brings it on.
Well sense this thread is becoming really silly now and no one is talking what the bible is saying just dreaming up unicorns now what they think hell is like this and that well thread is pointless at this point.

There is no bible study or quoting religious text any more in this thread. Just trolls saying I see souls and was in hell and it was like this and that and so on.

And people making fun and jokes when some one post some think they don't what to hear.

No one is asking you to believer or not believer if souls are currently in heaven or hell or what it it like. But if no one is going to be talking about religion here and what the religion text say here than this thread is useless.

You better of making thread in the mystery and unexplained section and say we are all in matrix a computer program or saying I never read any thing religious but believe hell is like this and that.

I think the devoted religious people are scared to post here when you have two post above by non believers making fun and joking. Not basing it on any religious text but own hypotheses or theory.

Last edited by mensaguy; 02-28-2017 at 04:56 AM.. Reason: Removing red text

Old 02-25-2017, 07:02 PM

2,065 posts, read 2,160,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubble99 View Post
There is no bible study or quoting religious text any more in this thread. Just trolls saying I see souls and was in hell and it was like this and that and so on.

And people making fun and jokes when some one post some think they don't what to hear.

No one is asking you to believer or not believer if souls are currently in heaven or hell or what it it like. But if no one is going to be talking about religion here and what the religion text say here than this thread is useless.

You better of making thread in the mystery and unexplained section and say we are all in matrix a computer program or saying I never read any thing religious but believe hell is like this and that.

I think the devoted religious people are scared to post here when you have two post above by non believers making fun and joking.
There is a Christian subforum, which I rarely post in. But it seems more Christians are posting in the Religious and Spiritual forum, since I'm more spiritual this is where the majority of my posts are.

As to the day of judgment, some people may be interested in reading this:

Quote:
"...the judgment day is not a special time when all men must meet in the Presence of God and have their thoughts and deeds weighed in the balance, and then, according to their goodness or evil, have the sentence of an angry, or even just God pronounced upon them."
and this

Quote:
"The judgment day is every day, both in the earth life of man and in life as a spirit, where the law of compensation is still working. In the spirit world, time is not known, and every breathing is a part of eternity; and with every breathing, so long as the law requires, comes the judgment, continued and unsatisfied, until man, as a spirit, reaches that condition of harmony whereby the law no longer demands a judgment of him."
Truth for all people - After Death, the Judgment: What It Is and What It Is Not

Old 02-25-2017, 07:50 PM

3,796 posts, read 2,991,840 times

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3tm6MHChCWQ

I just hope this guy is right on this, and not those vile NDE's.
This is the viewpoint of Universalism.

Old 02-28-2017, 02:21 AM

1,379 posts, read 1,760,312 times
A skeptics guide to NDE's.

near-death experience (NDE) - The Skeptic's Dictionary - Skepdic.com
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality