Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-04-2017, 07:29 PM

22,178 posts, read 19,221,727 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiethegreat View Post
He's right though the domain of logic belongs to the conscious world not to the spiritual world.
I'm very much enjoying your posts.

I find the spiritual world to be very logical although it's laws and principles are different from those on the physical plane.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2017, 07:53 PM

18,492 posts, read 9,159,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tzaphkiel View Post
I find the spiritual world to be very logical although it's laws and principles are different from those on the physical plane.
What's the difference between "the spiritual world" and your imagination?

Old 01-04-2017, 08:03 PM

504 posts, read 300,164 times
Quote:
1. You don't get to God through a flowchart. You get to God through your heart.

2. If you are sincere in seeking answers to the questions in the flowchart, then how about praying for 20- 30 minutes a day for the next several months.

What's stopping you from doing that?
I have no need to talk to myself nor listen to pretend voices in my head. Do you?

Now, if you want to discuss meditation, that is useful. Always.

Old 01-04-2017, 09:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dillionmt View Post
I have no need to talk to myself nor listen to pretend voices in my head. Do you?

Now, if you want to discuss meditation, that is useful. Always.
So ask the questions in meditation, which is....talking to yourself and listening to pretend voices in your head.

Old 01-04-2017, 09:26 PM

504 posts, read 300,164 times
Quote:
So ask the questions in meditation, which is....talking to yourself and listening to pretend voices in your head.
No, no, no. If your hearing voices in your head while meditating, you are doing it all wrong! One of the goals is to empty your head of all thought. Get to know your body. Then connect with the outside and nature. It is part of us, and we are part of it. We are part of the whole, and the whole is part of us.

You may call that god. But it's not sentient or anthropomorphic. It just is. It's much more freeing not to be constrained by rigid ancient teachings.

Old 01-04-2017, 09:48 PM

11,761 posts, read 7,259,041 times
Quote:
In meditation your mind is still...there is no need to ask questions as answers come to you in this state.

Old 01-04-2017, 09:49 PM

Quote:
You may call that god. But it's not sentient or anthropomorphic. It just is. It's much more freeing not to be constrained by rigid ancient teachings.

Old 01-04-2017, 09:50 PM

Quote:
No, no, no. If your hearing voices in your head while meditating, you are doing it all wrong! One of the goals is to empty your head of all thought. Get to know your body. Then connect with the outside and nature. It is part of us, and we are part of it. We are part of the whole, and the whole is part of us.
And yet other people experience meditation differently. Why is their perspective different? How do we know that your way is the correct way and you are not just imagining it?

And you do realize that "We are part of the whole, and the whole is part of us" is a well known prayer. So you are praying in the same way people have for thousands of years.

Old 01-04-2017, 09:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matadora View Post
In meditation your mind is still...there is no need to ask questions as answers come to you in this state.
That would be the imaginary pretend voices in your head then that Dillon mentioned in post #53.

Old 01-04-2017, 10:28 PM

Quote:
That would be the imaginary pretend voices in your head then that Dillon mentioned in post #53.
You misunderstood.

You don't hear any voices...when you complete the mediation and come back to your normal awake state, you have intuitive wisdom and answers.

I highly recommend you seek out how to achieve deep meditative states...you will free your mind and soul from the shackles of religion.

It requires a lot more work then just sitting there praying. While the main purpose of prayer may be to help others, it never demonstrably does that.

It's a sad affair when people toss out the term "oh just pray for them" vs. actually getting up off of their duff and actually doing something to help.

Prayers benefit only those who believe that just merely praying is the all that's required. Prayer gives these types comfort. It allows them to falsely think that they have some control over a situation that may be out of their hands. It's usually the last resort of people who have run out of ideas, and the first resort of people who never bothered to think about how they could actually fix the problem at hand.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality