Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-08-2017, 07:36 AM

2,826 posts, read 2,358,381 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dillionmt View Post
The Bible nowhere explicitly mentions transgenderism or describes anyone as having transgender feelings. However, the Bible has plenty to say about human sexuality, most of it in the "shalt not" category. And as Christians will often point out, that is in the OT, and Jesus gave a new order to things, so you can ignore those things. Unless they pick or choose of course, right?

The usual argument goes something like this: God created two (and only two) genders: “male and female He created them” (Genesis 1:27). Any discussion to any other possibility is foreign to the Bible, regardless what science shows.

But then, the Bible is pretty ignorant about science generally, so is that a big surprise?

One of the discussion point is that "our children are in the danger of being molested in bathrooms". However, as this article shows, a child is much, much, MUCH more likely to be molested in church by church leaders than in any bathroom at Target or any other public place.

Kids More Likely To Be Molested At Church Than In Transgender Bathrooms

As one commentator said: The more fundamentalist the church, the more prevalent the sexual abuse.

Sad, isn't it that this is a reality.
All the " science proves" crap can go take a hike.

Science is all well and good when it involves experiments and repeated tests. However there is such a thing as science by fiat. Meaning, if I wanted to push political agenda, I could be an unscrupulous fashion magazine, and quote that "a new study confirms". Then an equally unscrupulous science journal might quote me, and now we have news from a scientific journal.

Transgender feelings are just that, feelings. They are psychological not a scientific reality.

There are male, female, and intersex. Male, and female, and male and female. Like God said. These concepts can be divided or united. Forget science. The truth of this matter is not that God made a mistake (the common implication of transgender thinking), but that God made you with a woman's heart and a man's body. This is the truth of it, some were intended to be totally male or totally female, some were manly women, and some were gentle men. This is where we get the expression gentleman, it is a man who is soft like a woman, not a brute. They can all go have surgery, or that can live their lives as non-op transgender people, or partial operation, but we shall get to that.

The old law was that a man shall not lie with a man as with a woman. The old law was that a man must not wear the garments of a woman.

But as Galatians says, the law is a curse. Moreover, I think corinthians mentions all of these horrible sins which supposedly make one unfit for heaven. And it goes on to say, and some of you were, but you have been washed clean by the blood of Christ. This is what fundamentalism glosses over, that the shame and guilt of the law is something Jesus's sacrifice canceled out, and now all of us are not only free to live our lives, but charged to live it authrentically.

It goes on to say, though, all things are clean, but not all things are good for me. That is, Jesus forgives our sins, so there is not wrong with what we do. But self-destructive things are still harmful. As are thing at odds with what we want. What this means is that you should undertake surgery only if being a real woman is how you live authentically, since sterilkity and numerous side effects are a risk. If you do not think being sterile is right for you, living part or full time in a genderfluid lifestyle is perfectly acceptable. We need to be transgender in a way that feels right to us, not in a way that other people expect of us. God commands it.

Old 01-08-2017, 07:42 AM

19,942 posts, read 17,124,283 times
Quote:
I can't think of anyone anywhere who would want their 13 year old son showering in the same locker room after gym with a girl. But what does that have to do with what bathroom a person uses at Target? And we all know how prevalent it is to have children molested in churches, right?
That is what will happen if a trans kid uses a locker room of a different gender.
Quote:
Don't you think that safe guards need to be in place in church settings as it pertains to children and youth? Unisex bathrooms are often available, and no one seems to be concerned about them, right?
Safeguards? Yes. As you well know, my church has a "safe place policy". We've talked about this before. No adult can be alone with a kid.

As for unisex bathrooms? I'm sorry. I'm not going to suggest that churches need to alter the bathrooms to suit people with mental disorders. The caring thing would be to help them in that disorder.

Old 01-08-2017, 09:06 AM

504 posts, read 298,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NancyDrew1 View Post
Can anyone spell rebellion

The bible was written by men who were used as instruments by your Holy Father to bring you into reconcillation with him. So this is very sad
That is quiet an extraordinary assertion you make. Do you have any extraordinary proof to back that up?

Old 01-08-2017, 09:23 AM

504 posts, read 298,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
That is what will happen if a trans kid uses a locker room of a different gender.
Can you point to one instance, just one, where a transgendered person sexually assaulted a person due to the bathroom they used?

Quote:
Safeguards? Yes. As you well know, my church has a "safe place policy". We've talked about this before. No adult can be alone with a kid.
Glad to hear that, as any organization dealing with kids should have safeguards in place.

Quote:
As for unisex bathrooms? I'm sorry. I'm not going to suggest that churches need to alter the bathrooms to suit people with mental disorders. The caring thing would be to help them in that disorder.
Disorder? Please elicit more details of what you consider a disorder.

Old 01-08-2017, 05:47 PM

2,826 posts, read 2,358,381 times
Blue

Quote:
Oh good. So you would rather pray your next disease away, right?

Read my "Not Mutually Exclusive" thread (before it closes or something). There is science that is in line with religion and there is also pseudoscience, things that are "proved" by trendy magazines.

Quite the jump in logic here. Science is agnostic as to the results it reports. What society does with it is when it gets political, and apparently you feel that if it goes against your interests, then it's time to brand that science as false. You can't pick and chose that way, or perhaps, that is an learned tactic by the way you listen to your holy book?

When science becomes political, it becomes led by whatever belief sets the popular culture wants it to believe. Not truth. Transgender issues are propped up by pseudoscience of genetic determinism. But when you pick apart this theory, it turns out to be a brand of theology (determinism) largely originating from Calvinism. Just Say No to Calvinism!

Love is just a feeling. Hate is just a feeling. Sympathy and empathy are just feelings. Sadness is just a feeling. They're not real I guess, using your measuring stick.

I never said these feelings do not constitute a psychological reality. But when a person with a bunch of girl parts declares herself a man, this is not a physical truth. It is a psychological truth.

Huh? You're all over the board here... what did you really mean?

This is because you do not understand the truth. I was born transgender. I chose not to change either my physical gender on my birth certificate, nor did I undergo bottom surgery. To my thinking I was "born a male" and "I believe myself a woman inside." I have a male birth certificate, and a female driver's license/SSN/passport. I live as a genderfluid person. Because God intended me to be this person.

What you really are saying, "Paul said...". Who cares, it was just his opinion.

Old 01-11-2017, 04:01 PM

28,432 posts, read 11,507,437 times
why the up roar?

some dope thinks its totally rational to let the fringe population determine the rules. Like changing the "no boiz in the girls bathroom" rule.

yeah, they understand.

Old 01-16-2017, 04:53 AM

13,640 posts, read 24,451,661 times
This thread is closed
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality