Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-30-2017, 11:29 PM

63,777 posts, read 40,038,426 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosends View Post
Speak of that which you do not know and connect it to that which does not exist so you can believe in that which does not matter.
That is such an elegant turn of phrase, rosends. I may have to borrow it sometime.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-30-2017, 11:34 PM

16,155 posts, read 12,850,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
That is such an elegant turn of phrase, rosends. I may have to borrow it sometime.
He could be describing you!!!

Old 01-31-2017, 07:06 AM

6,518 posts, read 2,725,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rosends View Post
The Hebrew word is "mashiach" and it wasn't used because that isn't the subject of that section

The Jewish idea of a prophet is someone who is tasked by God to convey a divine message to the people. That's pretty much it. "Mashiach" means "one who is anointed wit particular oil" and this refers to a high priest or a king who is anointed with Shemen hamishchah, the oil of anointing.

No, not at all. Judaism believes that there were plenty of prophets after Moses.
Judaism 101: Prophets and Prophecy
are those the same prophets they have believed in be the same ones that he with one of his last thoughts makes this accusation ?

Mat 23:37
“Jerusalem, Jerusalem, you who kill the prophets and stone those sent to you, how often I have longed to gather your children together, as a hen gathers her chicks under her wings, and you were not willing.

Luk 13:34
“Jerusalem, Jerusalem, you who kill the prophets and stone those sent to you, how often I have longed to gather your children together, as a hen gathers her chicks under her wings, and you were not willing.

is these prophets that they were supposed to believe in?
it seems all men of every nation including this one just love to kill their kings, prophets and their God, if they get the chance .

Old 01-31-2017, 07:22 AM

2,675 posts, read 1,262,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by n..Xuipa View Post
are those the same prophets they have believed in be the same ones that he with one of his last thoughts makes this accusation ?

Mat 23:37

Luk 13:34

is these prophets that they were supposed to believe in?
it seems all men of every nation including this one just love to kill their kings, prophets and their God, if they get the chance .
I have no idea what you are talking about. You are asking me to draw a conclusion about a character's opinions based on texts which I don't hold to be authoritative or useful. Of course, if those texts make an accusation about historical events, it would behoove you to research and confirm that said historical events took place so that you can deduce meaning for yourself.

And your final question about "killing God" is troubling at best. What kind of a God can be killed? Certainly not one that I would consider worshiping.

Old 01-31-2017, 07:27 AM

136 posts, read 69,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafius View Post
LOL! I just love the way they proclaim 'TRUTH' (capital letters as if that gives it more weight) without actually being able to demonstrate that it is 'true'.
Sadly your own words PROVE you to be of those worldly and/or religious souls who have their portion in and of that which IS destroying Creation(air, water, land, vegetation, creatures) and perverting that which IS SPIRIT( (TRUTH, Light, Life, Love, Peace, Faith, Grace, Hope,,,,, ALL that is Truly GOOD)!

Those who "have eyes yet see not, and ears yet hear not"!

Simply sad for you.......

Old 01-31-2017, 07:33 AM

6,115 posts, read 3,083,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elderchild View Post
Sadly your own words PROVE you to be of those worldly and/or religious souls who have their portion in and of that which IS destroying Creation(air, water, land, vegetation, creatures) ....
???
What does this mean?
You don't eat food and drink water?

Old 01-31-2017, 08:04 AM

32,530 posts, read 22,016,467 times
Quote:
Sadly your own words PROVE you to be of those worldly and/or religious souls who have their portion in and of that which IS destroying Creation(air, water, land, vegetation, creatures) and perverting that which IS SPIRIT( (TRUTH, Light, Life, Love, Peace, Faith, Grace, Hope,,,,, ALL that is Truly GOOD)!

Those who "have eyes yet see not, and ears yet hear not"!

Using "King James" speak doesn't make you any more correct nor ominous...

Old 01-31-2017, 08:07 AM

136 posts, read 69,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoCardinals View Post
???
What does this mean?
You don't eat food and drink water?
Foolishness has it's portion in the games people play, and all who play are losers!

Old 01-31-2017, 08:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoCardinals View Post
In Deutronomy 18:18.

This has nothing to do with the Mashiach, so what is your point in quoting it?...

Devarim - Deuteronomy - Chapter 18

18 I will set up a prophet for them from among their brothers like you, and I will put My words into his mouth, and he will speak to them all that I command him.

19 And it will be, that whoever does not hearken to My words that he speaks in My name, I will exact [it] of him.

20 But the prophet who intentionally speaks a word in My name, which I did not command him to speak, or who speaks in the name of other gods, that prophet shall die.

Rashi's Commentaruy:

which I did not command him to speak: But which I commanded his fellow prophet [to speak].

or who speaks in the name of other gods: Even though his words coincide with the halachah [Jewish law], forbidding what is forbidden or permitting what is permissible. — [San. 89a]

[That prophet] shall die: By strangulation. Three [sinful prophets] are executed by man [i.e., by the court]: One who prophesies what he has not heard, one who prophesies what was not told to him but was told to his fellow [prophet], and one who prophesies in the name of a pagan deity. However, one who suppresses his prophecy [i.e., does not announce it], or one who transgresses the words of a prophet, or a prophet who transgresses his own words [of prophecy]-their death is by the hands of Heaven, for it is said (verse 19), “ I shall exact [it] from him.” - [San. 89a]

Old 01-31-2017, 08:18 AM

Quote:
Sadly, pagan catholicism and her harlot christian daughters have had their way, and continue to have their way with you! For it is quite obvious that you have never "received a love of The TRUTH so that you might be saved" from your own self("I",ego,id,pride)life.......

Yet while breath(Spirit, air) is, Hope IS!

For TRUTH IS! and Miracles do happen.......

HalleluYAH!
Yea, well, I'm a Jew....So, it is my story....My religion that Christianity has co-opted...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality