Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-12-2017, 05:11 PM

37,443 posts, read 61,360,276 times

Advertisements

Bible 'promises' from the book of Leviticus

I am doing a project to find all Bible promises that I can. Some say there are hundreds of them, others say there are thousands of promises in the Bible.

I have reviewed the site TOS. I am not asking 'only' Christians, because this is not a Christian-only discussion.

I have found a few websites that mention Bible promises, but they list only a few dozen.

So I have began working through the books of the Bible to find them.

For now just focusing on the book of Leviticus, what promises can you find?

Please list them in this thread.

Thank you, may God bless and keep you
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-14-2017, 04:13 PM

4,765 posts, read 1,993,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Submariner View Post

I am doing a project to find all Bible promises that I can. Some say there are hundreds of them, others say there are thousands of promises in the Bible.

I have reviewed the site TOS. I am not asking 'only' Christians, because this is not a Christian-only discussion.

I have found a few websites that mention Bible promises, but they list only a few dozen.

Are you looking for general promises like Gen 3:15 and Joel 2:28, or personal promises made to Christians like Heb 13:5 and Jn 16:13?

Old 01-14-2017, 04:19 PM

2,974 posts, read 1,983,310 times
...so, you're looking for bible promises from the book of leviticus...well, if i were you, i'd probably start by reading leviticus..

Old 01-14-2017, 04:44 PM

37,443 posts, read 61,360,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by omega2xx View Post
Are you looking for general promises like Gen 3:15 and Joel 2:28, or personal promises made to Christians like Heb 13:5 and Jn 16:13?
I think all of these are interesting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by justus978 View Post
...so, you're looking for bible promises from the book of leviticus...well, if i were you, i'd probably start by reading leviticus..
I person reading through a book will tend to miss things.

Old 01-16-2017, 05:54 PM

2,974 posts, read 1,983,310 times
Quote:
I think all of these are interesting.

I person reading through a book will tend to miss things.
then re-read it as many times as you need to...especially if you're 'looking' for something specific, as is the poster..

Old 01-17-2017, 03:13 AM

9,689 posts, read 10,009,914 times
Leviticus 14 show people can go to the leaders of their church and ask for prayer for healing , but then As a Christian you can move beyond Leviticus 14 and go a prayer for your own healing , and then go a pray for others , as Jesus will answer both these ways when people expect and believe ....

Old 01-17-2017, 07:46 AM

32,530 posts, read 22,019,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by omega2xx View Post
He said:

Quote:

Old 01-17-2017, 07:54 AM

21,088 posts, read 29,209,482 times
Here are a few promises from LEVITICUS 20--where God PROMISES DEATH for being a bad person...

Observations of Leviticus 20
The general tone of the chapter, along with some of the “tensions,” becomes evident in the following observations:

(1) The chapter prescribes capital punishment for some of the sins forbidden in chapters 18 & 19.

(2) There is a co-participation between God and His people Israel in condemning and executing those who are guilty of these capital crimes. Men must cooperate with God in judging the wicked or they become accessories to the crime (vv. 4-5).

(3) Not all capital crimes are listed here, but only selected capital crimes. In particular, those capital crimes are listed which have been forbidden in the immediately preceding context.

(4) The capital crimes mentioned here are not those which we would have expected, those which governments generally condemn, such as “murder,” “kidnapping,” and “rape.”

(5) The capital crimes of this chapter are not those which are universal, applicable in all dispensations, and would thus be directly applicable to or binding upon the 20th Century Christian.

(6) Quite frankly, some of these capital crimes are offenses which we might doubt as worthy of the death penalty. For example, one finds it difficult to conceive of a man having sexual relations with his wife during her monthly period as being a crime on a par with murder, adultery, or incest.

Old 01-17-2017, 07:58 AM

Quote:

Leviticus is a book on Instructions for Priests...Vayikra - Hebrew for "and He [G-d] called,"...

Old 01-17-2017, 07:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
Here are a few promises from LEVITICUS 20--where God PROMISES DEATH for being a bad person...

Observations of Leviticus 20
The general tone of the chapter, along with some of the “tensions,” becomes evident in the following observations:

(1) The chapter prescribes capital punishment for some of the sins forbidden in chapters 18 & 19.

(2) There is a co-participation between God and His people Israel in condemning and executing those who are guilty of these capital crimes. Men must cooperate with God in judging the wicked or they become accessories to the crime (vv. 4-5).

(3) Not all capital crimes are listed here, but only selected capital crimes. In particular, those capital crimes are listed which have been forbidden in the immediately preceding context.

(4) The capital crimes mentioned here are not those which we would have expected, those which governments generally condemn, such as “murder,” “kidnapping,” and “rape.”

(5) The capital crimes of this chapter are not those which are universal, applicable in all dispensations, and would thus be directly applicable to or binding upon the 20th Century Christian.

(6) Quite frankly, some of these capital crimes are offenses which we might doubt as worthy of the death penalty. For example, one finds it difficult to conceive of a man having sexual relations with his wife during her monthly period as being a crime on a par with murder, adultery, or incest.
It is not so much a crime as it is disobedience to G-d's Torah...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality