Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-06-2018, 09:23 AM

16,779 posts, read 4,982,520 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pneuma View Post

Yes the TF is a christian interpolation. The James passage however is historically accurate.

Thus there is historical truth in Josephus, but he must be read with a critical eye.
No, the James passage is a grammatical bad dream, and more likely to be a later scribal 'correction'.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-06-2018, 11:49 AM

4,747 posts, read 2,349,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Diogenes View Post
No, the James passage is a grammatical bad dream, and more likely to be a later scribal 'correction'.

"Yes the TF is a christian interpolation. The James passage however is historically accurate.

Thus there is historical truth in Josephus, but he must be read with a critical eye."

None of that quote was written by me. I would like to point out however, that the oldest existing copies of Josephus are from 1,000 years after the time of Josephus.

Old 07-06-2018, 02:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tired of the Nonsense View Post
"Yes the TF is a christian interpolation. The James passage however is historically accurate.

Thus there is historical truth in Josephus, but he must be read with a critical eye."

None of that quote was written by me. I would like to point out however, that the oldest existing copies of Josephus are from 1,000 years after the time of Josephus.
Sorry, yes, that was a failed quote from pneuma, and I edited it wrong.

We had a grill this evening and I was getting ready to drink a beir or three.

Old 07-07-2018, 12:25 AM

11,123 posts, read 6,388,135 times
Quote:
An assertion you invented because you do not want to admit that at least over 94% of it's use in the NT means eternal. So you make up excuses and then run away.

Yes, you was totally destroyed, and now you are using ad hominem to avoid addressing any of the points raised.
lol everyone reading that thread seen how you tucked tail and ran as fast as you could.

what points? you mean all that unsubstantiated crap you sprouted, that might be enough of a meal for trout but I like a little more meat in my meal.

Old 07-07-2018, 12:38 AM

50,821 posts, read 24,321,239 times
Quote:
lol everyone reading that thread seen how you tucked tail and ran as fast as you could.

what points? you mean all that unsubstantiated crap you sprouted, that might be enough of a meal for trout but I like a little more meat in my meal.
I didn't see that.

Old 07-07-2018, 01:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
I didn't see that.
which goes to show everyone see only what they want to.

Old 07-07-2018, 01:30 AM

Quote:
You mean the thread where Clement did not know what was in the link he posted, so was confused about what I was talking about? At least Clement put some work in, you just went in denial mode.

The thread where I explained a rule of grammar of the language I am allegedly ignorant of?

The thread where you are so ignorant of Greek you ended up arguing for a god that is not eternal?

That thread?

Quote:
You can attempt to refute it, or you can run away.

Your choice.

Old 07-07-2018, 02:36 AM

Quote:
You mean the thread where Clement did not know what was in the link he posted, so was confused about what I was talking about? At least Clement put some work in, you just went in denial mode.

The thread where I explained a rule of grammar of the language I am allegedly ignorant of?

The thread where you are so ignorant of Greek you ended up arguing for a god that is not eternal?

That thread?

You can attempt to refute it, or you can run away.

Your choice.
refute what? your unsubstantiated crap.

Do you even know what unsubstantiated means? I already know you have a problem understanding the meaning of words but good grief grab a dictionary.

Old 07-07-2018, 03:08 AM

Quote:
refute what? your unsubstantiated crap.

Do you even know what unsubstantiated means? I already know you have a problem understanding the meaning of words but good grief grab a dictionary.
Yes, it means not backed up by evidence. Yet I provided that evidence, so clearly you are inventing excuses to avoid refuting what you can not.

I know, you spent three months fishing Christian web sites, only for someone in one afternoon to add evidence you missed out, refuting ALL your claims.

So once again you avoid the issue, just as you did with the 71 NT passages on the other thread (which hopefully I can return to once I have enough free time).

But the evidence is there for those honest enough to look.

Old 07-07-2018, 04:07 AM

16,673 posts, read 15,672,301 times
Knock off the personal stabs at each other and discuss the topic. Otherwise, the thread will have to be closed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality