Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-30-2017, 09:08 AM

16,155 posts, read 12,852,858 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GldnRule View Post
One (Jesus) is sooooooo prolifically influential,...
No...the myth is.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-30-2017, 09:25 AM

12,595 posts, read 6,648,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafius View Post
No...the myth is.
No...Jesus is not a myth...except to the biased and/or ignorant.
The "Christ" aspect could be claimed as such...but not the person of Jesus.
And...if it is all "myth"...that would actually accentuate the "mojo" to the point that it could reasonably be deemed a "miracle". For a "myth" to be that meaningful and important, for that long, to that many intelligent, sophisticated, educated people, could be considered no less than that.

Old 01-30-2017, 09:41 AM

32,530 posts, read 22,019,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AguaDulce View Post
Any ideas? I'm an atheist. I just wonder what the believers think.
Why did G-d make you?...

Old 01-30-2017, 09:48 PM

33,526 posts, read 37,125,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HushWhisper View Post
Exact same reason He made You.
God did not make me, or anyone else....My parents made me....

Old 01-30-2017, 10:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
God did not make me, or anyone else....My parents made me....
saaaaaaans!!!
Look what the cat dragged into the thread!
Well, well...things just got a lot better.
No Fear of anything...except Religion, Belief/Faith, God, and anything Theism related!

You came from God sans...everything does. We are all from, and the essence of, God. Your parents/family included.

Old 01-30-2017, 11:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GldnRule View Post
No...Jesus is not a myth...except to the biased and/or ignorant.
The "Christ" aspect could be claimed as such....
That's what we are talking about Coco! The Jesus of the gospels; Jesus the Christ; the one that allegedly died and came back to life; the one that allegedly walked on water etc. I know it's difficult for you but do try to keep up. The other Jesus, if he existed, I have no interest in whatsoever. He was an itinerant rebel, rabbi of no importance.

Old 01-30-2017, 11:14 PM

35,095 posts, read 51,217,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AguaDulce View Post
Why did he kill every single person on earth except for one family?
If you are atheist what does it matter what God, whom you *in theory* knows does not exist?
It is odd that you are asking questions and seeking answers relating to a non existant religious diety

Old 01-30-2017, 11:24 PM

63,785 posts, read 40,047,381 times
Quote:
That's what we are talking about Coco! The Jesus of the gospels; Jesus the Christ; the one that allegedly died and came back to life; the one that allegedly walked on water etc. I know it's difficult for you but do try to keep up. The other Jesus, if he existed, I have no interest in whatsoever. He was an itinerant rebel, rabbi of no importance.
But, but, but . . . they are the SAME Jesus, Rafe.

Old 01-30-2017, 11:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
If you are atheist what does it matter what God, whom you *in theory* knows does not exist?
It is odd that you are asking questions and seeking answers relating to a non existant religious diety
It's called discussion and debate. I don't believe in mermaids but if you come here proclaiming that they exist and that they interact with you in your daily life then I will call you on it and try to show with reason, logic, common sense and verifiable evidence, that you are wrong.

Have you never belonged to a debating society?

Old 01-30-2017, 11:52 PM

Quote:
Doesn't matter.
Doesn't even matter if Jesus didn't exist at all...and was a "myth". As I said...that would be even more impressive.

No character...real, embellished, completely contrived, or otherwise...has been more important and had more influence on the world than Jesus.
I know how much y'all like empirical facts...get hip to that one.

Oh, and...the next time you fill out a form or a check and write "2017" on the dateline...genuflect to the power Jesus has to compel you.

But...it's all from God. God is the source of everything, and is everything. Muslims, Christians, Mohammed, Jesus, you name it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality