Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-16-2017, 07:30 PM

504 posts, read 299,921 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
Yeah.

Sure.

You picked up on that line also. Jeffbase probably thinks you have it out of context, I bet.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-16-2017, 07:33 PM

504 posts, read 299,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by David A Stone View Post
A question to all gays..........on one side of your mouth you proclaim that anti gay marriage Christians are sinners and the sins of gays are no worse.

Out of the other side of your mouth you proclaim that gay sex is not a sin and getting married to a same sex partner is not a sin.

Which is it ?
A sin? That is a religious concept. Atheists don't need to be concerned with it, as it relates to an infraction that a mythological entity imposed, as interpreted by man.

So, in short, there is no such thing as a sin.

Old 02-16-2017, 07:35 PM

6,788 posts, read 2,896,488 times
Quote:
A question to all gays..........
You do realize that 'gays' are actual people, don't you . . .?

Quote:
. . .on one side of your mouth you proclaim that anti gay marriage Christians are sinners and the sins of gays are no worse.
I can't claim to speak for others but I personally haven't said that. I have said that the Bible (actually, everyone's buddy, Paul) states that NO ONE is righteous, no, not one (Romans 1:10). This means that ALL people - you, me, everyone on this forum - are sinners. I personally think that the term 'sin' is a silly word that is bandied around far too often by giddy Christians who throw it around as if they actually know what it means. If they did know what it means they wouldn't be throwing it around so quickly in case it boomerangs.

Quote:
Out of the other side of your mouth you proclaim that gay sex is not a sin and getting married to a same sex partner is not a sin.

Which is it ?
You really do need to pay attention, David. Yes, according to our buddy Paul, EVERYONE is a sinner. ALL - whether they be gay or straight - have sinned and fall short of the glory of God. God expects perfection. None of us have that capability. HOWEVER (and please do try to keep up, David), one's being homosexual OR heterosexual is NOT a sin in and of itself! One's innate sexual preference is 'sin neutral'. It is neither right nor wrong. Choosing a partner to commit one's self to is neither right nor wrong either. The term 'sin' is NOT applicable here at all.

Understand?

Old 02-16-2017, 08:15 PM

6,961 posts, read 4,611,869 times
Quote:
A question to all gays..........on one side of your mouth you proclaim that anti gay marriage Christians are sinners and the sins of gays are no worse.

Which is it ?
Gay sex? This is a thread about a man asking his parents to attend an important live event. Nothing more, nothing less.

I love you but, was the answer.

Your LGBTQ brothers and sisters are getting married. What they do in their intimate moments are nothing you need to concern yourself with. Yet, you do concern yourself with LGBTQ having sex.

I guarantee no gay person is interested in David A. Stone's sex life or lack thereof.

I recommend you spend more time working on your own intimacy issues. Make them a priority in your marriage, and stop peeking through the window trying to see what your neighbors are doing.

Old 02-16-2017, 08:38 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,165,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonkonkomaNative View Post
...snip...

I recommend you spend more time working on your own intimacy issues. Make them a priority in your marriage, and stop peeking through the window trying to see what your neighbors are doing.
Amen!

Old 02-16-2017, 08:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonkonkomaNative
...snip...

Quote:
Amen!

Ev'rybody now, clap your hands, let's sing . . .

Amen!
Amen!
Amen! Amen! Amen!

And again, second verse . . .Amen! etc.

Old 02-16-2017, 09:08 PM

63,775 posts, read 40,030,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonkonkomaNative View Post

Quote:
Amen!
Quote:
Originally Posted by RomulusXXV View Post
Ev'rybody now, clap your hands, let's sing . . .

Amen!
Amen!
Amen! Amen! Amen!

And again, second verse . . .Amen! etc.
Ayay . . .yay . . men, Ayay . . .yay . . men, Amen, Amen, Amen, Amen!

Old 02-16-2017, 09:55 PM

4,314 posts, read 3,992,385 times
Sounds like kindergarten kids on the playground.

Old 02-16-2017, 10:12 PM

Quote:
Sounds like kindergarten kids on the playground.
That's right, it's playground fun ...loosen up, forget about your inhibitions, join in the song with us, here we go . . .

Amen!
Amen!
Amen! Amen! Amen!
(See the Baby)

Amen
(Wrapped in a manger)
Amen!
(On Christmas mornin')
Amen! Amen! Amen!

Here's a link to get you in the mood, David, and help you stay in tune:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rn6w255CGkk

Old 02-17-2017, 07:14 AM

10,086 posts, read 5,728,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
Not a single verse quotes Jesus saying the word "homosexuality". None.
Not a single verse where Jesus says that God wanted SSM too. None.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality