Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-22-2017, 02:34 AM

4,432 posts, read 6,980,938 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by geekigurl View Post
I'm the right gender, just with the wrong anatomy. You of course are free to believe as you wish, but it happened to me. It's just what is for me.
Here is a testimony of a former transgender who lived some years as one and now a Christian

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YywDBENRT_A

Here is another video of a cross dresser speaking with an evangelist.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sVBjSNHdoRA&t=39s

Last edited by other99; 02-22-2017 at 02:59 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-22-2017, 02:43 AM

7,801 posts, read 6,370,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by other99 View Post
Yet even of my journey onwards as a gay men then, I did not find what I was looking for in homosexuality.
Perhaps your error was in looking to a "sexuality" for what you wanted, regardless of whether it was homosexuality or heterosexuality. I am a heterosexual and I have found many of the things I wanted in this life. Not one of them would I say "I found what I was looking for IN heterosexuality". Such a statement does not even remotely pass as coherent to me.

But it certainly is tragic to see someone who clearly IS homosexual, who feels compelled to deny who and what they really are, and live a lie, because of the narrative sold by people who offer no substantiation that even the foundation claims (whatever about the rest of it) of their religion is true or even credible.

Old 02-22-2017, 02:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by southernbored View Post
Then you should get out of the pew, and into some science! Ask any gay person, and I don't mean some guy who "experimented" in college, and they will all tell you the same thing. They knew they were gay from the beginning of sexual attraction. In the case of the transgendered population, they will also tell you that they have always known that they were a boy/girl. You could argue that it is a mental issue or something like that, but if it is, they were born with it.
Well I remember I felt different when I was a child, even before being homosexual was, but even if a person as desires, it does not mean you have to act out on them. Even there are people that have an sexual attraction to animals, but it does not mean they have to act out on it, or even a married man can be tempted by a woman not her wife but he has a choice to act out on it or not. There are even people out there that are adults and have inappropriate feelings towards children. I don't believe people are born gay but everyone is born sinners.

Old 02-22-2017, 03:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nozzferrahhtoo View Post
Perhaps your error was in looking to a "sexuality" for what you wanted, regardless of whether it was homosexuality or heterosexuality. I am a heterosexual and I have found many of the things I wanted in this life. Not one of them would I say "I found what I was looking for IN heterosexuality". Such a statement does not even remotely pass as coherent to me.

But it certainly is tragic to see someone who clearly IS homosexual, who feels compelled to deny who and what they really are, and live a lie, because of the narrative sold by people who offer no substantiation that even the foundation claims (whatever about the rest of it) of their religion is true or even credible.
I see that you are not a Christian, but being a Christian is a new creation. They are given a new heart and new desires. For me what is more important is where i stand with Jesus Christ, not my sexual idenitity.

The reason why I stated that I did not look what I was looking for in homosexuality, was that I could not find the perfect man there, but I eventually did find the perfect man who would much more longer term satisfy me and more make me whole not in this life but well beyond this life and his name is Jesus.

Old 02-22-2017, 03:44 AM

7,801 posts, read 6,370,247 times
^ I am not sure how my not being a christian is relevant to, or takes away from, anything I just said.

The point is that I do not think very many of us at all find what we are looking for in our sexuality. Rather our sexuality is just one of the many paths we walk while finding the things that matter to us.

And to deny that path for anyone else, let alone for someone there is no evidence even exists, is somewhat tragic.

Old 02-22-2017, 04:04 AM

6,855 posts, read 2,843,045 times
Quote:
Here is a testimony of a former transgender who lived some years as one and now a Christian

And here is my story (again)

And those two people aren't me.

Old 02-22-2017, 05:51 AM

6,790 posts, read 2,897,870 times

Quote:
Originally Posted by geekigurl View Post
And here is my story (again)

And those two people aren't me.

Oh my, when I saw who was conducting the interview I couldn't help but cringe. Ray Comfort! There's an anecdote in the 'down under' countries that states: When Ray Comfort left New Zealand for the U.S. the overall IQ level of NZ rose somewhat while the overall IQ of the U.S decreased somewhat. It's a little unkind and certainly exaggerated but Ray Comfort IS pretty much seen as a religious buffoon by many.

Anyway, the person being interviewed (Victor) held his own and handled Ray's standard silliness with a measure of aplomb.

Old 02-22-2017, 06:11 AM

6,790 posts, read 2,897,870 times
Quote:

*Sigh*

What will it take, 99, before you catch on? You have already been informed, I don't know how many times, that one CAN be other than heterosexual and STILL be a Christian. The criteria for 'Christian-hood' is NOT dependent on one's sexual persuasion or how they choose to dress!

What did Jesus wear?
Would you approve of HIS dress if He were to come walking into your church or would He be labeled 'a cross dresser'?
Would the tongues of 'the saints' start to wag when it was found that Jesus was unmarried and had no girl friend, just a posse of men ...?

Old 02-22-2017, 06:56 AM

6,855 posts, read 2,843,045 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RomulusXXV View Post

Oh my, when I saw who was conducting the interview I couldn't help but cringe. Ray Comfort! There's an anecdote in the 'down under' countries that states: When Ray Comfort left New Zealand for the U.S. the overall IQ level of NZ rose somewhat while the overall IQ of the U.S decreased somewhat. It's a little unkind and certainly exaggerated but Ray Comfort IS pretty much seen as a religious buffoon by many.

Anyway, the person being interviewed (Victor) held his own and handled Ray's standard silliness with a measure of aplomb.

Comfort's judgmental legalism, and his condescension is a huge turn off. If I were to watch that video, I'd likely break the fourth wall and do something exceedingly unChrist-like, So I'll take your word for it.

Old 02-22-2017, 08:30 AM

504 posts, read 299,958 times
Quote:

Just so you know, a bunch of anecdotal stories do not equal data.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality