Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-10-2017, 11:11 PM

6,790 posts, read 2,897,870 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaigonPaisa View Post
<snip>

I can find you plenty of text that reference man joining woman and speaking against homosexual acts.
Bingo, now we're getting somewhere.

Those 'plenty of texts' speaking against homosexual acts are the ones I'm waiting for.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-10-2017, 11:15 PM

1,807 posts, read 1,890,971 times
Quote:
Who have I passed judgment on?

I think you are confusing me repeating what the Bible says with me passing judgment.

Don't recall telling anyone they are going to hell or heaven.
Don't sinners go to hell? And isn't homosexuality supposedly a 'sin'?

Oh, but Jesus went to the cross to absolve mankind of its sins, right?

So....I guess there's no need to worry, then.

Old 03-10-2017, 11:34 PM

207 posts, read 102,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RomulusXXV View Post

Those 'plenty of texts' speaking against homosexual acts are the ones I'm waiting for.
I have posted a few in this thread already.

I will post more when you produce ONE scripture supporting same sex marriage and or homosexuality.

Good luck

Old 03-10-2017, 11:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredNotBob View Post
Don't sinners go to hell? And isn't homosexuality supposedly a 'sin'?

Oh, but Jesus went to the cross to absolve mankind of its sins, right?

So....I guess there's no need to worry, then.
Sinners go to hell and heaven. We are all sinners.

The only thing that determines whether or not you go to hell or heaven is whether or not one is saved, born again, etc

For which God will decide.

Old 03-11-2017, 02:02 AM

Quote:
Sinners go to hell and heaven. We are all sinners.

The only thing that determines whether or not you go to hell or heaven is whether or not one is saved, born again, etc

For which God will decide.
'God will decide'. Precisely. According to your own admission, it's an issue between his parents and their god. It's certainly not something that we mortals can affect or influence. So, I ask again -- what right do you have to speak for God in passing such moral judgements on a person?

Old 03-11-2017, 03:24 AM

Quote:
'God will decide'. Precisely. According to your own admission, it's an issue between his parents and their god. It's certainly not something that we mortals can affect or influence. So, I ask again -- what right do you have to speak for God in passing such moral judgements on a person?
What are you talking about?

When did I say x is going to heaven or hell?

What does judgement have to do with his parents choosing to go or not to go to their son's wedding?

I do not recall anyone in this thread saying the son or the parents where going to heaven or hell.

Old 03-11-2017, 04:13 AM

Quote:

What does judgement have to do with his parents choosing to go or not to go to their son's wedding?

I do not recall anyone in this thread saying the son or the parents where going to heaven or hell.
By declaring that a gay man is living a 'sinful' existence. Homosexuality is sinful, according to the Bible. Unrepentant sinners don't go to heaven. Therefore, you have claimed (albeit indirectly) that God will punish him for his supposed 'sin'. QED.

As for the 'judgement' thing...well, what else do you call refusing to attend an event because you think being gay is a sin? They've judged their son for not being 'Christian' and following the Bible, and refusing to 'not be gay'.

Old 03-11-2017, 04:15 AM

Quote:

You did, by declaring that a gay man is living a 'sinful' existence. Homosexuality is sinful, according to the Bible. Unrepentant sinners don't go to heaven. Therefore, you have claimed (albeit indirectly) that God will punish him for his supposed 'sin'. QED.

As for the 'judgement' thing...well, what else do you call refusing to attend an event because you think being gay is a sin? They've judged their son for not being 'Christian' and following the Bible, and not marrying who they've decided he is Biblically allowed to fall in love with.

Old 03-11-2017, 07:51 AM

6,790 posts, read 2,897,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RomulusXXV

Quote:
I have posted a few in this thread already.
It's a long thread. Would you supply the # of the post/s?

Quote:
I will post more when you produce ONE scripture supporting same sex marriage and or homosexuality.

Good luck
I already addressed this previously. I told you that there are no scriptures supporting same sex marriage and/or homosexuality. So what? What is this supposed to prove as far as you're concerned?

Male gay marriage would not even have been on the radar of the ancient authors. You see, women were mere chattels, possessions of the male. And, a male could have as many wives as he could afford. Wives were valued less than a man's home and maybe slightly more than his cattle. A male coupling with a male would have thrown the whole system into turmoil since the male had to have a partner of lesser value to dominate. A man, if he could afford it, could have a male slave ...but a male partner to whom he was married? Of course not. This is apparently the way "God" designed it to be ...male dominance over the female, male dominance over his male or female slave. This is why male same gender marriage would not work back then.

As for homosexuality, homosexuality per se and probably heterosexuality per se (i.e. human sexuality) would also likely not have been on their radar. These people lived in a very small world and that's the only world they knew. Why do you think that we should even care that there is no mention of gay marriage in the Bible? There IS gay marriage in the year 2017. And, in case you were not aware, that's the year we are presently living in.

Using the ignorance of early humankind to bolster an argument such as you are doing is foolhardy.

NOW, I'll start you off. How do you interpret Leviticus 18:22; 20:13? Would you supply the context of such a passage of scripture given this particular time period, i.e. the circumstances that form the setting of these particular texts so that they can be fully understood? What was actually going on at the time that prompted these commands to be given in the first place? Thank you.

Old 03-11-2017, 08:45 AM

Quote:
You did, by declaring that a gay man is living a 'sinful' existence. Homosexuality is sinful, according to the Bible. Unrepentant sinners don't go to heaven. Therefore, you have claimed (albeit indirectly) that God will punish him for his supposed 'sin'. QED.

As for the 'judgement' thing...well, what else do you call refusing to attend an event because you think being gay is a sin? They've judged their son for not being 'Christian' and following the Bible, and not marrying who they've decided he is Biblically allowed to fall in love with.
Simply being gay isn't a sin. One must act on those desires for it to be sin.

Per the Bible anyone living a sinful lifestyle will not inherit the kingdom of God.

Now, at the end of the day, God is the only one who can and will determine who is saved/born again or not.

Me simply repeating what the Bible says in not me casting judgement.

You are adding to the parents situation. It could simply be the parents do not want to attend an event that supports same sex marriage. Not sure where you are getting the judgement part. Sure they could try to judge the son, but we certainly don't know that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality