Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-08-2017, 12:58 PM

21,088 posts, read 29,203,753 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by auralmack View Post
The Abomination of Desolation, fully; filled to the brim. –Proverbs 6:16-19

snipped here

Consider Proverbs 6:16-19:

“These six things does the Lord hate; yes, seven are an abomination unto him:

A proud look, a lying tongue, hands that shed innocent blood, a heart that devises wicked imaginations, feet that are swift in running to mischief, a false witness that speaks lies, and he that sows discord among brethren.” –Proverbs 6:16-19

And if you count every one of them, one is so subtle it is mentioned twice. There seems to be only six things that our God hates at the bottom of it. And one of them is so subtle it is mentioned twice to make an Abomination.

snipped there

-
As I read this, for the 5th time, I am 100% sure I know exactly who this is referring to...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-13-2017, 11:58 AM

611 posts, read 280,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John F S View Post
The Abomination of Desolation is one person. It is NOT the USA or any other country.
In other words, your entire post is wrong.
The Abomination of Desolation is not a person or country, it is something people do. You commit this Abomination that leads to Desolation.

A person, or people, or whole nations does something that is called the Abomination of Desolation.

The Abomination of Desolation is one person? how about a Abomination is a person and a Desolation is another person? Nothing but nonsense in that reasoning. People commit Abominations, people become Desolate, and it is something they do to cause this.

In other words, your entire conception of what an Abomination or Desolation is, is wrong. It is a particular thing that people do which brings upon themselves particular things. They commit this Abomination and Desolation follows. God hates many things men do, but when they back it up with a Lying Tongue and A False Witness: that is what makes an Abomination. The root of it all.

Old 02-13-2017, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hljc View Post
One Abomination of desolation is the crucification of Jesus Christ , as Jesus ministry before the cross was around 1335 days from Daniel 12:11-13 ..................... I don`t know if there will be another desolation , but with social media any thing can happen .........
Not if they repent and change their ways. Daniel goes into detail about when and what will happen when this Abomination is committed and found in a place that it should not be, and my contention is Proverbs 6:16-19 is the Abomination that leads to Desolation. What Abomination can you show me that doesn't contain those things that makes an Abomination before the presence of God?

And for sure, Christ speaks of that same Abomination of Desolation happening again in Revelation at the end time. When we can understand what is it we continually do that keeps bringing Desolation without hope: A Lying Tongue and A false Witness is good for what? This reality of today that man made?

Most people think we please God by doing what God wanted in the Bible, when did that happen? In the end of this story, how much did we please God? We displeased God from the beginning, and over and over again, until we end up with Paul and the Disciples and their murders followed by Christ into a Revelation of a final destruction and much death because we pleased God? Not the story I read. We didn't get to where we are today by doing what God asked us to do if we wanted the Blessings instead of the Curses that would follow the deeds of our own doings.

Old 02-13-2017, 01:14 PM

50,086 posts, read 20,687,859 times
It's remarkable how wide the variety of interpretation is. But clearly some fall waysdhort. There is a particular abomination of desolation, not a whole bunch of them of which the crucifixion was one. The talk on the mount of Olives makes no link between the predictions of Crucifixion and the abomination. Nor did the disciples flee to the hills.

Clearly this idea is misdirected and the Interpretation of the crucifixion as an abomination is surely misguided.

Old 02-13-2017, 02:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
As I read this, for the 5th time, I am 100% sure I know exactly who this is referring to...
It wouldn't by perchance be found in the high places with us of today, would it? A proud look, a lying tongue, hands that shed innocent blood, hearts that devises wicked imaginations, feet that run swift to mischief, a false witness, and he that sows discord among brethren...where could we find all that at? Not with us? Not the White House? In God we trust, with those lying kings and sons of perdition? Leading us into what? Where?

I saw it on film: "God told me to go to war with Saddam Hussein." --GeorgeWBush, Weapons of mass destruction where? in whose hands?: Lying tongues and false witnesses, everyone of them. They serve a Strange God. So blessings, blessings, blessings is what we expect? God is with US of A?

Come out, come out, and change our ways before we get what we deserve. But they tell me, "Enough, enough, we will have none of that!" And they kept right on beating their drums and fighting their wars, all in the service of God, of course.

Old 02-13-2017, 04:46 PM

12,918 posts, read 16,852,714 times
If it really does represent a kind of spiritual attack which precedes spiritual liberation, then maybe the phrase is not meant to be taken so seriously. We don't really see Jesus's facial expression or hear his tone of voice when he speaks of it.

Old 02-14-2017, 05:59 PM

23,123 posts, read 10,422,897 times
If you call yourself the Temple, you better look within because there is an abomination who is whispering in your left ear.

YOU are the Temple.

John
Jesus answered and said unto them, Destroy this temple, and in three days I will raise it up. 20Then said the Jews, Forty and six years was this temple in building, and wilt thou rear it up in three days? 21But he spake of the temple of his body. 22When therefore he was risen from the dead, his disciples remembered that he had said this unto them; and they believed the scripture, and the word which Jesus had said

YOU ARE THE TEMPLE, THE ABOMINATION IS WITHIN YOU, THE SON OF LAWLESSNESS.

Old 02-15-2017, 12:36 AM

50,086 posts, read 20,687,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
If you call yourself the Temple, you better look within because there is an abomination who is whispering in your left ear.

YOU are the Temple.

John
Jesus answered and said unto them, Destroy this temple, and in three days I will raise it up. 20Then said the Jews, Forty and six years was this temple in building, and wilt thou rear it up in three days? 21But he spake of the temple of his body. 22When therefore he was risen from the dead, his disciples remembered that he had said this unto them; and they believed the scripture, and the word which Jesus had said

YOU ARE THE TEMPLE, THE ABOMINATION IS WITHIN YOU, THE SON OF LAWLESSNESS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzyRules View Post
If it really does represent a kind of spiritual attack which precedes spiritual liberation, then maybe the phrase is not meant to be taken so seriously. We don't really see Jesus's facial expression or hear his tone of voice when he speaks of it.
Odd that one overlooks the fact that John does not have the talk of the Abomination, and the second is in John but not the Synoptics.

So (with a bit of support for the claim that if it is only in one source, but not the other, it is invented) it is pointless to talk of "Jesus said" and "What facial expression did he have" if he never said any of it and it was invented by Christians looking for prophecy of the second coming/prophecy of his own resurrection. One of which hasn't happened and I'll wager my house it never will and the other didn't happen.

This sort of free interpretation backed up with some more or less relevant Biblequote is quite familiar and the reason I hardly ever look into Christianity forum.

Of course, anyone is free to say what they want in R/S (within topic and Tos) but I'm just saying, I reckon that, just as Theism can never have a logical basis when starting off with an invalid assumption that God exists, it can never have a solid basis for exegesis from the Gospel when it is demonstrable that the gospels do not tell us reliably what Jesus really said.

Last edited by TRANSPONDER; 02-15-2017 at 12:59 AM..

Old 02-18-2017, 02:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRANSPONDER View Post
It's remarkable how wide the variety of interpretation is. But clearly some fall waysdhort. There is a particular abomination of desolation, not a whole bunch of them of which the crucifixion was one. The talk on the mount of Olives makes no link between the predictions of Crucifixion and the abomination. Nor did the disciples flee to the hills.

Clearly this idea is misdirected and the Interpretation of the crucifixion as an abomination is surely misguided.
The crucifixion would be a abomination to me. The destruction of any brick and stone temple would not be any abomination to me. Yet the murdering and killing around it would be.

I think what you meant may be that the crucifixion was not the Abomination of Desolation that we are discussing.

The Abomination of Desolation from the beginning; Sin [Sin = Not Good] results in separation from God, spiritual darkness, suffering, and death. Which would be the results of this Abomination, which also seems to me to be what Daniel and Jesus are describing. Results more than what it is.

In the beginning I only find three things that God hated, and he put all three of them outside the garden of Eden upon the earth that he had given them dominion of: The Woman, the Man, and some Lying Tongue. And since a man mingles with a woman and they become one flesh, I'll leave it to you to decide if all that adds up to one, two, or three. But in all, it was a Lying Tongue and a False Witness that caused this Abomination.

Later, as time passes, in Proverbs we find six things God hates but the seventh thing makes the Abomination, and again, this seventh thing is: A Lying Tongue and a False Witness is what makes the other six things God hates an Abomination. Anything you may try to add would just be overflow.

Wouldn't the Abomination of Desolation be a person doing the things God hates, and no matter what anyone says or happens, nothing will ever change them; I would call this that Abomination of Desolation. For, if they did repent: turn around and change their ways, they would not be committing that Abomination of Desolation. They do the Abominations and will not hear of God, and they refuse to change their ways: Looks like that Abomination of Desolation to me.

And if anyone thinks the Abomination of Desolation is a person instead of something a person commits, then the first place you should go look for him is in the mirror. And if you don't find the Abomination of Desolation looking back at you, go look at your neighbors, if you can't find him there, go look at the whole nation, the whole world...if you fine can one person, I bet his name is many people unaware.

In all, an Abomination of Desolation is like smoking cigarettes giving you cancer, because you refuse to quit smoking them, kinda sorta like that in my mind. And in the end it is us destroying ourselves, reaping as we have sown; or perhaps God destroying us without ever lifting one little finger against us. And the last thing you will probably ever hear God say is: "As you wish."

-

Old 02-18-2017, 03:55 PM

23,123 posts, read 10,422,897 times
Before Jesus ever came along, the idea of a lawless son within people was already known. When the disciples spoke by their father Satan, Jesus assured them that he was in fact,'' Their Father.''

He is the father of all and that is why his desires and ways tempt us each and every day as a struggle between two sons. Should the spirit of your father Satan come out of your mouth, it is because his son,'' YOU,'' are speaking.

Jesus said we had to literally be born again, we are taught all about the idea of being babies on milk until we can grow and understand the meat of the word.

2 sons, one born now, and one on the way.

The sons of lawlessness will all go to perdition and this means that there is a spirit within each person that is being threatened with hell.

This means that when you die, an angel is going to come and collect the son of lawlessness and he will go to his perdition.

The ones who raise babies off of the milk of the word who begin eating meat are the sons bound for heaven while the other is bound for hell.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality