Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-11-2017, 03:18 AM

9,689 posts, read 10,014,164 times

Advertisements

The only metaphor for Noah ark would be salvation from God , where the temple would be a place were Israelites went to worship God and confirmed their devotions , or Christians got Jesus temple of the Holy spirit and got redeemed for salvation , were the dove released by Noah would represent Holy Spirit , and the olive leaf would represent the anointed offering of God for their blessing ...Genesis 8:11
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-11-2017, 05:26 AM

12,918 posts, read 16,861,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hljc View Post
The only metaphor for Noah ark would be salvation from God , where the temple would be a place were Israelites went to worship God and confirmed their devotions , or Christians got Jesus temple of the Holy spirit and got redeemed for salvation , were the dove released by Noah would represent Holy Spirit , and the olive leaf would represent the anointed offering of God for their blessing ...Genesis 8:11
I didn't think about the dove. Now I see it as like a fearful and Bible-worshipping religious fanatic avoiding the real world. They might open a window just to check conditions. But they will refuse to step outside of the box unless they are safe and secure on their high mountain.

Cowards, all of them.

They are afraid of what is inside of them (inside the cave) because they know there is only bitter anger, that if they were to open up even just a little their bitter anger would show, and they would alienate even a son who wanted to get to know his real father, and not the religious mask.

Old 02-11-2017, 05:36 AM

Noah's nakedness also represented his true nature just below the surface. It was anger that he could barely suppress. His son trying to show the real Noah to his cowardly older brothers was represented by him showing them Noah in the cave. His youngest son could have helped bring Noah his own salvation. But he chose to shun him and banish him from his garden.

Just as Adam and Eve eventually became ashamed of their true natures in the same temple (garden). They thought it was a haven. An escape from the real world. That's what their "god" told them. But all it did was turn them into sinners. The temple represented the "box" that religious believers put themselves in. A phony shield against the real world. They are all cowards who don't even want to know themselves.

So they choose to put their faith in a book instead.

Old 02-11-2017, 06:27 AM

28,432 posts, read 11,575,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzyRules View Post
You must live in Manhattan or San Francisco or someplace like that. Because most people I know do believe in the literal stories.

Still not sure what you mean about "engineering the truth". What the...
So was Noah a good guy or what?

Personally, I think he represented the man out of touch with reality who chooses to follow the gods of this world, who are reflected by rulers and parents. The fact that he was suppressing so much anger on the inside was proof. ("Inside" the cave)
It definitely could be my location. I am sorry ozz, I just don't care enough to even look it up. There is another group that is so far more dangerous to people where I live that maybe that's why religion is small potatoes to me.

keep in mind ozz, I son't believe in their type of god. So I only deal with what I have in front of me.

Noah is one of the more useful stories in the bible to me. I turned to it in elementary school when they couldn't answer why god made us "sinners". The noah story, plus many hours reading about animals, and watching my friends, showed me that god made us the best way he could.

That's it. no magic, no cape, god is what god is, not what some people try and tell me he is.

Noah is neither a good guy or a bad guy to me. The story is a lesson and like all lessons it can fit several valid interpretations. He was just another dude that got caught up in the shipstorm we call life. He saw something happening and knew standing around wishing it to be different wasn't helping.

"engineering the truth" can mean many things. As we use the word "truth", we know that word's limitations."go stare up at the sun for 2 minutes. Tell my what happens. That's engineering the truth.

Noah looked around and saw water. That water was rising at a particular rate. He looked around and noted his location, he saw what he had around him, he used what he knew, and the primary emotion he had was "lets help as much as we can."

His tribe was about "helping and healing" to the best of his ability. He let in every animal that would aid in helping and healing within the limitations of the real world. The focus is "why didn't other tribes want to help him."

I use the story to convey different interpretations than you did here. They call it god, I call it the biosphere. Either way ... it is what it is, not how I feel about it.

Last edited by Arach Angle; 02-11-2017 at 06:37 AM..

Old 02-11-2017, 06:35 AM

28,432 posts, read 11,575,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzyRules View Post
I didn't think about the dove. Now I see it as like a fearful and Bible-worshipping religious fanatic avoiding the real world. They might open a window just to check conditions. But they will refuse to step outside of the box unless they are safe and secure on their high mountain.

Cowards, all of them.

They are afraid of what is inside of them (inside the cave) because they know there is only bitter anger, that if they were to open up even just a little their bitter anger would show, and they would alienate even a son who wanted to get to know his real father, and not the religious mask.
Ozzy, we have more people that are a sleep than awake.

You have great ideas. Go to your local zoo and make them work in the monkey pen. That is closer to what we have in front us. Most people do not play by your (and actually mine) set of rules.

Noah, understood.

I think you and I show some anger, I always start with me.

Old 02-11-2017, 06:58 AM

2,854 posts, read 2,052,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
OzzyRules = Granpa
Lol

Old 02-11-2017, 07:03 AM

2,854 posts, read 2,052,319 times
What do you need to be saved? You need a spiritual ark to be saved from a spiritual flood.

when once the long-suffering of God did wait, in days of Noah -- an ark being preparing -- in which few, that is, eight souls, were preserved through water;
The antitype of which (ie. a spiritual ark) also now saves us -- immersing not flesh yet putting away filth.
Granting a clear conscience unto God through the rising again of Jesus Christ.

You get an ark by being baptised with the "Holy Spirit". But only someone that has been "Glorified" can baptise you with the Holy Spirit.

In the last day, that great day of the feast, Jesus stood and cried, saying,
If any man thirst, let him come unto me, and drink.
He that believeth on me, as the scripture hath said, out of his belly shall flow rivers of living water (amrita).
But this spake he of that spirit which they that believe on him were about to receive (at that feast)
(This has to be a reference to spiritual water not to the Holy Spirit)
for the Holy Spirit was not yet given; because that Jesus (more than one Jesus?) was not yet glorified.

But to be glorified you need an ark. Its a catch-22. I think this must be the reason why so much time and energy was spent in the human breeding project creating Jesus.

Old 02-11-2017, 07:11 AM

Arach Angle, have you seen the monkey experiment where they give a monkey a treat. Then he gets upset when he sees that the other monkey is given a lesser treat? His impulse is to share.

Even monkeys are not as selfish and capitalistic as some religious people.

Old 02-11-2017, 07:18 AM

"Flood" represents the emotional waters that were building and building up against the people who were living in comfort, oblivious to the outside world.

Old 02-11-2017, 07:25 AM

And the flood is like baptism, as Peter explained. A person dies to himself and the small good part remaining grows and blossoms afterwards.

The earth represents the human mind. The baptism represents a cleansing of the mind.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality