Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-15-2017, 02:40 PM

16,200 posts, read 23,043,499 times

Advertisements

From what I remember, Episcopalians have the highest level of achievement in the USA. After the Episcopalians, than come the Jews. I live in NYC, and Jews dominate in industries such as banking, finance and in real estate. Another faith that has high level of intelligence is Presbyterianism. Not to far from where I live, by walking about, plenty of Wasp and Jewish places of worship are often more ornate than St Patrick's Cathedral which is the seat of papacy of NY. From what I remember, certain protestant groups and Jews have similar work ethic, believe in values such as family, owning property, investing in the future, sending their kids not only to college, but to a good college that gets their children exposure, and recognition when graduating. This is the reason why I tell people. You cant be upset at Jews, these folks work hard. Why every joe is spending two dollar, a Jew is only spending one dollar, and upon pay day of another two dollars, that extra dollar turns into three dollars, and joe is stuck with two again, and the process repeats. Faith has a lot to deal with when being brought up and raised and where one is placed in life. Christians believe in an afterlife, where Jews even though believe in an afterlife to a lesser extent. Jews put more emphasis on now vs major Christian groups like Roman Catholics and Eastern Greek right Churches who worry about afterlife and being good throughout life.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-15-2017, 06:20 PM

50,088 posts, read 20,717,984 times
Now that's what I call a relevant on-topic post

Old 02-16-2017, 02:34 AM

8,343 posts, read 272,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rosends View Post
I don't like statistics .....
Numbers lie.
Especially 6. He's a fricking bastard.
Agree about not liking stats, but would warn you about insulting 6.
6 is a perfect number, i.e it is the sum of its factors(1,2 & 3).

Old 02-16-2017, 04:13 AM

2,676 posts, read 1,264,706 times
Unless he has been lying to you all along

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vZuFq4CfRR8
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality