Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-18-2009, 09:08 AM

40,050 posts, read 34,600,599 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by anaarkh View Post
Had you sneezed instead of finishing the "A" in "Amen", the man may very well have still called.
That's an interesting possibility. As a matter of fact, I just sneezed while typing this sentence. Now I'm waiting to see if anything miraculous happens.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-20-2009, 01:29 PM
eeb

1 posts, read 1,367 times
St.John Chapter 15:1-27 WHAT CAN WE ALL DO OR SAY . ....THAT HAS NOT ALREADY BEEN DONE OR SAID THAT COULD EXPLAIN OUR EXISTENCE ?................................................. .............................

Old 06-05-2009, 07:45 AM

1 posts, read 1,297 times
prophets spoke about the recession.... and it came to pass...
if you dont believe the prophet you dont believe his prophecies....
the coming of the messiah was prophesized during a long time until things came to pass...
also you wouldnt believe in the rapture because revelations is all visions and prophecies...
God speaks to men but most dont hear... God does speak for himself how do think he spoke to the prophets and revealed himself to them...
how many times has God tried to speak to you but your to busy in your own thing? how many people have ignored God? so many God uses prophets and once a donkey to speak to a man who was to stubborn to listen....

PS: be careful with what you say because your testing God...
those that speak against his word and say false things God judgement will fall over them....

Old 06-05-2009, 07:51 AM

4,049 posts, read 5,031,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prophets101 View Post
prophets spoke about the recession.... and it came to pass...
if you dont believe the prophet you dont believe his prophecies....
the coming of the messiah was prophesized during a long time until things came to pass...
also you wouldnt believe in the rapture because revelations is all visions and prophecies...
God speaks to men but most dont hear... God does speak for himself how do think he spoke to the prophets and revealed himself to them...
how many times has God tried to speak to you but your to busy in your own thing? how many people have ignored God? so many God uses prophets and once a donkey to speak to a man who was to stubborn to listen....

PS: be careful with what you say because your testing God...
those that speak against his word and say false things God judgement will fall over them....
"God speaks but most people don't hear"... you would think he could make sure people heard him, being omnipotent and all...

Old 06-05-2009, 02:44 PM

1,040 posts, read 1,331,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dorado0359 View Post
Now, let me get this right. According to the Bible, God can do All Things. He created the stars, sky and universe; all of mankind and animal life, and everything that is, God created.

But, when it comes to speaking directly to his most esteemed creation-- Man; God decided to speak thousands of years ago through Prophets, Popes, Bishops, Apostles, Muhammad, Jesus, etc, many of whom have lied and misled the people.

I cannot help from wondering why, if God has all of this Power, why doesn't God make it easy for man and speak in a clear audible voice to each person, not this spiritual internal voice stuff Christians keep referring to and many Chistians mistake for their own thoughts.

I am trying to be open-mined about religion, and the Bible, but so much of it just makes no sense.
I am listening! and Jesus never mislead, for it is impossible for Jesus to mislead. Man misleads, Jerry Fawell misleads and certainly George W. Bush mislead, who used the teachings of Christ to gain power over men to destroy nations, the same is said for Bin Laden.

Old 06-05-2009, 07:33 PM

1,243 posts, read 2,809,570 times
If God parted the skies right now and asked all Christians in the world to accept women as their equals, stop trying to abolish all other peaceful religions, accept the fact that it's OK to love someone even if they're the same sex, help someone else do something good even if it means admitting you're wrong, stop making money off peoples weaknesses and help each other grow strong, we'd have to talk it over for a couple hundred years anyways because we are so sure that we're right. Just like we were right to burn women and whip slaves. I'm sure God would have something much more profound to say than that and he/she'd probably say it with a lot more grace but you catch my drift. That's why God's never going to come back as a human again, because he/she knows that we don't learn from our mistakes nearly enough or as fast as we should and we'd just take him out with a sniper this time instead of nailing him to a cross and call him the devil all over again.

Old 10-05-2009, 02:03 PM

1 posts, read 1,095 times
Smile finally, common sense!!!!!!

Quote:
Now, let me get this right. According to the Bible, God can do All Things. He created the stars, sky and universe; all of mankind and animal life, and everything that is, God created.

But, when it comes to speaking directly to his most esteemed creation-- Man; God decided to speak thousands of years ago through Prophets, Popes, Bishops, Apostles, Muhammad, Jesus, etc, many of whom have lied and misled the people.

I cannot help from wondering why, if God has all of this Power, why doesn't God make it easy for man and speak in a clear audible voice to each person, not this spiritual internal voice stuff Christians keep referring to and many Chistians mistake for their own thoughts.

I am trying to be open-mined about religion, and the Bible, but so much of it just makes no sense.

thank you so so much
i love common sense when i read it!!!
i dont understand why other people "Speak for god"
i stopped going to church and really dont want to hang around religious christians
they dont speak for god and i dont care they say that god speaks thru ohter poeple, hmm thats up to god to decide
christians can make no decisions for god
and yeah i use to worry they could
i just gave up
i have no met any of the trinity here on earth

i think its all bs
the bible is one thing
its when people close it and start making up nonsense
i felt like mr douglas in hooterville
he was the only sane person in that whole town
besides the animals
my gosh
whats with christians, well some have this chronic god told me to tell you
thing

i have had so many tell me god called me to be single
to serve him and nothing else

really
when did he do that in my past
as well i dont know these poeple
they werent in my past either!!!!

all i know
if god is all knowing
then where are my misplaced concert tickets?
i prayed
never found them

really
i was told i am limiting god
hmm all they seem to do is limit me!!!!

really
i dont know if god exists
but i wont take anyone word for it anymore

i love this
god doesnt speak for himself today
i went to this church
and the preacher said point blank god is challenging us yada yada yada
really
all i heard was the pastor challenging us and yeah it was stewardship
as in paying the churches bills

Old 10-05-2009, 02:04 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,413,299 times
he does speak he whispers some then he speaks they he shouts but nobody listens.
last time he did some shouting was katrina.
its not over.

Old 10-06-2009, 01:02 PM

1,553 posts, read 1,835,583 times
Quote:

God is God: He is Proud: He has the right to that: we do serve and worship Him: to Him the servitude is proper.

He sent the apostles with the revealed books to save people from the darkness of ignorance and associating others with Him, to the light of worshipping and glorifying Him alone.

But exalted is He above sitting and discussing things with people: He is the Most High over His throne.

Moreover, He will not guide everyone: the peaceful and good-doer like the evil-doer and transgressor: the kind and good-doer: God will guide; but He dislikes the wrong-doer and will misguide him.

And God does not speak directly to people: even to Moses: the oliev tree was the veil between God and Moses: God was not in the tree when He spoke to Moses: but He was on His throne and He sent the voice to the tree so that Moses heard it from the tree.

This is in the Quran 42: 51
وَمَا كَانَ لِبَشَرٍ أَن يُكَلِّمَهُ اللَّهُ إِلَّا وَحْيًا أَوْ مِن وَرَاء حِجَابٍ أَوْ يُرْسِلَ رَسُولًا فَيُوحِيَ بِإِذْنِهِ مَا يَشَاء إِنَّهُ عَلِيٌّ حَكِيمٌ

The explanation:

(It was not [vouchsafed] to any mortal that God should [directly] speak to him, unless:

>> [He might speak to him] by inspiration,
>> or from behind a veil,
>> or He might send a messenger [: an angel] who would reveal by His leave what [revelation] He please;

He is All-Exalted, Most Wise.)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality