Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-28-2017, 07:29 AM

4,765 posts, read 1,993,887 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by imsocal310 View Post
lmao...so there aint multiple denominations with conflicting beliefs all criticizing and condemning each other to hell huh?
In conservative Christianity thee is 100% agreement on the basic doctrines. We do not condemn anyone to hell.

Quote:
i cant even talk about how yall pick and choose with the bible you'll probably tell me those christians are wrong and your interpretation is the right one lol
That's right you can't. If you could I wudl answer your ignorant vomment.

Quote:
not only that but yall follow a book thats been translated with words taken out and others added in...unless you speak ancient hebrew you cant even validate that book
Now your ignorance of Bible translations, exceeds your ignorance of Christianity. Thank you for exposing it.

Last edited by mensaguy; 03-28-2017 at 07:46 AM.. Reason: Fixed missing character from a quote tag
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-28-2017, 08:09 AM

3,987 posts, read 2,109,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by granpa View Post
Christianity: God is the only God and he magically poofed into existence at the beginning of time.

Ancient Greek religion: In the beginning only chaos existed. The gods evolved later and marry and reproduce just like we do.

Yet ironically Christians consider the ancient Greeks to be superstitious morons and consider themselves to be enlightened and rational.

Whats the difference between :
Samson & Heracles
the great red dragon and Typhon
talking snakes and Nagas
New Jerusalem and Saubha
The Grand Puba and "Guru" has spoken! Unfortunately for you, your opinion is irrelevant- just like mine. Only Gods opinion counts.

Old 03-28-2017, 02:10 PM

37 posts, read 23,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glacierx View Post
Peter Joseph Mercola, is that you? I call BS on this claim. Sounds like an Alex Jones conspiracy to me.
if its bs...prove that the hebrew alphabet doesnt ultimately come from the medu neter

the first ever hebrew text related to the 'bible' in form of stones was in ancient/paleo hebrew

The Paleo-Hebrew alphabet (Hebrew: הכתב העברי הקדום‎), also spelt Palaeo-Hebrew alphabet, is a variant of the Phoenician alphabet.[1] Like the Phoenician alphabet, the Paleo-Hebrew alphabet contains 22 letters, all of which are consonants, and is described as an abjad.

Time period
10th century BCE – 135 CE

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paleo-...phabet#History

lmao so only 1100 bc was when the first hebrew text ever existed? damn the egyptians have been dated 10000 bc (not from wiki)

variant of the phoenician huh? interesting

so where does that come from...lets see

Phoenician alphabet and language

Origins
The Phoenician alphabet developed from the Proto-Canaanite alphabet, during the 15th century BC. Before then the Phoenicians wrote with a cuneiform script. The earliest known inscriptions in the Phoenician alphabet come from Byblos and date back to 1000 BC.

Notable features

Type of writing system: abjad / consonant alphabet with no vowel indication

Direction of writing: right to left in hortizontal lines. Sometimes boustrophedon.

The names of the letters are acrophonic, and their names and shapes can be ultimately traced back to Egyptian Hieroglyphs. For example, the name of the first letter, 'aleph, means ox and developed from a picture of an ox's head. Some of the letter names were changed by the Phoenicians, including gimel, which meant camel in Phoenician, but was originally a picture of a throwing stick (giml).

ok now lets check the medu neter

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Egyptian_hieroglyphs

Egyptian hieroglyphic writing does not normally indicate vowels, unlike cuneiform, and for that reason has been labelled by some an abjad alphabet, i.e., an alphabet without vowels.

Ancient Egyptian hieroglyphics can be written both vertically and horizontally. When written vertically, it is from top to bottom.

When written horizontally, it can be both from left to right, or right to left. When reading hieroglyphs, you will need to pay attention to the facing of the hieroglyphic alphabet.

now lets check the time periods

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phoeni...lphabet#Origin

Time period
c. 1200–150 BC

Time period
ca. 3200 BC[1] – AD 400

now some history

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Egypti...oglyphs#Origin

Origin

Hieroglyphs emerged from the preliterate artistic traditions of Egypt. For example, symbols on Gerzean pottery from c. 4000 BC have been argued to resemble hieroglyphic writing.[citation needed] Proto-hieroglyphic symbol systems develop in the second half of the 4th millennium BC, such as the clay labels of a Predynastic ruler called "Scorpion I" ( Naqada IIIA period, c. 33rd century BC) recovered at Abydos (modern Umm el-Qa'ab) in 1998

oh look it says what the progenitors of the alphabets are

Parent systems

Egyptian hieroglyphs [2]
Proto-Sinaitic
Phoenician alphabet

Child systems

Paleo-Hebrew alphabet
Aramaic alphabet
Greek alphabet
?Brahmi script
?Libyco-Berber
?Paleohispanic scripts
Sister systems
South Arabian alphabet

also says this

Some think that the Phoenician alphabet is derived from Egyptian hieroglyphs.[4] It became one of the most widely used writing systems, spread by Phoenician merchants across the Mediterranean world, where it evolved and was assimilated by many other cultures. The Paleo-Hebrew alphabet was directly derived from Phoenician. Another derivative script is the Aramaic alphabet, which was the ancestor of the modern Arabic script. The Modern Hebrew script is a stylistic variant of the Aramaic script. The Greek alphabet (and by extension its descendants, such as Latin, Cyrillic, Runic, and Coptic) was also derived from Phoenician.

new testament - greek....many christians say jesus spoke greek and aramaic or greek and hebrew also

damn lol

@omega and every other christian who disagrees

and thats just the basics....

so yea...christians really dont have a clue lmfaooo

Last edited by imsocal310; 03-28-2017 at 02:50 PM..

Old 03-28-2017, 03:28 PM

3,026 posts, read 3,644,049 times
Quote:
if its bs...prove that the hebrew alphabet doesnt ultimately come from the medu neter
I searched every single link you posted for "medu neter," and never found a hit, but I guess this means Egyptian hieroglyphs, but even still, everyone knows that all these languages come from one another. The oldest manuscripts are only about 1500 years old, and they're in Hebrew and Aramaic. We do not know what older manuscripts from which these are based were written in. Hebrew could have been developed at a time when the Hebrews lived in or near Egypt.

Last edited by Glacierx; 03-28-2017 at 03:37 PM..

Old 03-28-2017, 04:20 PM

Quote:
I searched every single link you posted for "medu neter," and never found a hit, but I guess this means Egyptian hieroglyphs, but even still, everyone knows that all these languages come from one another. The oldest manuscripts are only about 1500 years old, and they're in Hebrew and Aramaic. We do not know what older manuscripts from which these are based were written in. Hebrew could have been developed at a time when the Hebrews lived in or near Egypt.
so all those references that wiki uses for the time periods are false? prove it

its there

The word hieroglyph comes from the Greek adjective ἱερογλυφικός (hieroglyphikos),[6] a compound of ἱερός (hierós 'sacred')[7] and γλύφω (glýphō 'Ι carve, engrave'; see glyph),[8] supposedly a calque of an Egyptian phrase mdw·w-nṯr (medu-netjer) "god's words"

enough proof has been posted...if you wanna deny it then not only are u gonna have to prove that phoenician came after hebrew but also the medu neter since both are progenitors....

show me the oldest manuscript being in hebrew being older than 3000 bc egyptian scripts (3000 is only according to wiki, theres evidence going wayyy back)

theres pyramid texts at around this time but theres no hebrew or aramaic anything anywhere...

there was no mention of any israel god ever in egypt period...so that invalidates the genesis story...not to mention the bible provides no dates or times

and we do know from which they were based....languages dont lie...just like nobody can ever lie that spanish came before latin...all you have to do is a quick history search of the iberian peninsula and the romans and then look at both languages...

also...that last sentence proves my point...if they lived near or in egypt...they would have been influenced by the egyptians...

Old 03-28-2017, 05:06 PM

Quote:
so all those references that wiki uses for the time periods are false? prove it
I'm not really interested in the timelines. Maybe they're true, but what I'm getting at is, what does all this have to do with the Garden of Eden?

Old 03-28-2017, 05:08 PM

you are obviously unlearned

Archeologist finds 3,000-year old Hebrew text

Archeologist finds 3,000-year old Hebrew text - CNN.com

Old 03-28-2017, 05:13 PM

Quote:
I'm not really interested in the timelines. Maybe they're true, but what I'm getting at is, what does all this have to do with the Garden of Eden?
you missed the point....try to reread....anything biblical related to genesis is fake and not in line with real world history...no evidence of any type agrees with the creation story

eden is important because its the first place humankind was according to the bible

so how can there be adam and eve in a garden called eden supposedly in the middle east if theres an african civilization (with proof) that predates two people and a serpent in the middle east

even if it did happen...it would have had to come later....if so why is it not on the walls of the pyramids because the bible claims this was when the earth turned upside down...dont forget these were the only two people on earth according to the bible....it just makes no sense...nothing adds up

Old 03-28-2017, 06:01 PM

Quote:
you missed the point....try to reread....anything biblical related to genesis is fake and not in line with real world history...no evidence of any type agrees with the creation story

eden is important because its the first place humankind was according to the bible

so how can there be adam and eve in a garden called eden supposedly in the middle east if theres an african civilization (with proof) that predates two people and a serpent in the middle east

even if it did happen...it would have had to come later....if so why is it not on the walls of the pyramids because the bible claims this was when the earth turned upside down...dont forget these were the only two people on earth according to the bible....it just makes no sense...nothing adds up
Not sure why you say Eden would be in the Middle East. Most Christians and Jews say they have no clue, and most skeptics say it never existed. Some have speculated that it was in Mesopotamia, but according to the Bible a big azz flood came and wiped out everything, which would have change rivers and oceans, so others say it could be anyway. In addition, these folks also claim it was destroyed long before Egypt and Babylon and Sumer came into existence.

Old 03-28-2017, 06:08 PM

2,854 posts, read 2,051,546 times
Now a river flows from Eden to water the orchard, and from there it divides into four heads

Heads = African Great Lakes
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality