Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-28-2017, 07:16 PM

37 posts, read 23,942 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glacierx View Post
Not sure why you say Eden would be in the Middle East. Most Christians and Jews say they have no clue, and most skeptics say it never existed. Some have speculated that it was in Mesopotamia, but according to the Bible a big azz flood came and wiped out everything, which would have change rivers and oceans, so others say it could be anyway. In addition, these folks also claim it was destroyed long before Egypt and Babylon and Sumer came into existence.
most scholars agree...did u even read the post?

mesopotamia is in the middle east lol

how can they be way after if the languages of these civilizations fathered hebrew? its impossible

more importantly tho....egyptians arent introduced in the bible until genesis 10 under mizraim then again as egyptians in genesis 12

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mizraim

Mizraim (Hebrew: מִצְרַיִם‎ / מִצְרָיִם‎, Modern Mitzráyim Tiberian Miṣrāyim / Miṣráyim ; cf. Arabic مصر, Miṣr) (/mɪt͡srai:m/) is the Hebrew and Aramaic name for the land of Egypt, with the dual suffix -āyim, perhaps referring to the "two Egypts": Upper Egypt and Lower Egypt.

the flood happened in genesis 7

Genesis 7:23

23 And every living substance was destroyed which was upon the face of the ground, both man, and cattle, and the creeping things, and the fowl of the heaven; and they were destroyed from the earth: and Noah only remained alive, and they that were with him in the ark.

....so how can that mean that it wiped them out and prove me wrong when i say egyptians came before?

in that case...it would mean that the pyramids were built much later...thats also problematic...christians claim israelites built the pyramids under egyptian slavery...slavery is not an egyptian custom...on the pyramids...theres nothing to say the israelites were even there...the medu neter if you know how to read it tells you egyptian worker did it...those photos of guys whipping others isnt the israelites and those people arent slaves

Deuteronomy 28:68
“And the LORD shall bring thee into Egypt again with ships, by the way whereof I spake unto thee, Thou shalt see it no more again: and there ye shall be sold unto your enemies for bondmen and bondwomen, and no man shall buy you.”

wheres the proof of the egyptians buying the israelites

wheres the ships...why dont the pyramids show this

it says again...so when did it happen the first time...proof?

Genesis 5:32 King James Version (KJV)

32 And Noah was five hundred years old: and Noah begat Shem, Ham, and Japheth.

so the egyptians granddaddy was 500 years old...wheres the proof how could the egyptians not document this

Genesis 10:6 And the sons of Ham; Cush, and Mizraim, and Phut, and Canaan.

so why dont the egyptians claim ham was their father / progenitor

Genesis 10:13 And Mizraim begat Ludim, and Anamim, and Lehabim, and Naphtuhim,

so who is ludim and the rest...why aint they found anywhere in any dynasty

Genesis 16:1 Now Sarai Abram's wife bare him no children: and she had an handmaid, an Egyptian, whose name was Hagar.

...which egyptian named hagar was a handmaid to a chaldean (abraham) - proof needed

"And Terah took Abram his son, and Lot the son of Haran his son's son, and Sarai his daughter in law, his son Abram's wife; and they went forth with them from Ur of the Chaldees, to go into the land of Canaan; and they came unto Haran, and dwelt there." (Gen 11:31)

lemme wait

also

Exodus 1

1 Now these are the names of the children of Israel, which came into Egypt; every man and his household came with Jacob.

2 Reuben, Simeon, Levi, and Judah,

3 Issachar, Zebulun, and Benjamin,

4 Dan, and Naphtali, Gad, and Asher.

5 And all the souls that came out of the loins of Jacob were seventy souls: for Joseph was in Egypt already.

wheres the proof of any of this...this would have been all over the walls if its true

6 And Joseph died, and all his brethren, and all that generation.

7 And the children of Israel were fruitful, and increased abundantly, and multiplied, and waxed exceeding mighty; and the land was filled with them.

so egypt was filled with israelites...where?

8 Now there arose up a new king over Egypt, which knew not Joseph.

9 And he said unto his people, Behold, the people of the children of Israel are more and mightier than we:

which king ever said the israelites are mightier than the egyptians?

10 Come on, let us deal wisely with them; lest they multiply, and it come to pass, that, when there falleth out any war, they join also unto our enemies, and fight against us, and so get them up out of the land.

11 Therefore they did set over them taskmasters to afflict them with their burdens. And they built for Pharaoh treasure cities, Pithom and Raamses.

which pharaoh....there is no such thing as being called pharaoh...they have names

12 But the more they afflicted them, the more they multiplied and grew. And they were grieved because of the children of Israel.

13 And the Egyptians made the children of Israel to serve with rigour:

14 And they made their lives bitter with hard bondage, in morter, and in brick, and in all manner of service in the field: all their service, wherein they made them serve, was with rigour.

proof?

15 And the king of Egypt spake to the Hebrew midwives, of which the name of the one was Shiphrah, and the name of the other Puah:

which king?

16 And he said, When ye do the office of a midwife to the Hebrew women, and see them upon the stools; if it be a son, then ye shall kill him: but if it be a daughter, then she shall live.

when did he say this...the pyramid text doesnt state this....also...this sounds like the bible god speaking...just reread the last part

18 And the king of Egypt called for the midwives, and said unto them, Why have ye done this thing, and have saved the men children alive?

this sounds exactly like something yahweh or whatever would say

20 Therefore God dealt well with the midwives: and the people multiplied, and waxed very mighty.

so god was interfering with the pharaoh and kings business?

21 And it came to pass, because the midwives feared God, that he made them houses.

made them houses where? in egypt? wheres the proof? it wouldve been of hebrew architecture since hes the god of israel....which never existed in egypt

22 And Pharaoh charged all his people, saying, Every son that is born ye shall cast into the river, and every daughter ye shall save alive.

where has any pharaoh ever casted his own people into a river...this for sure would be on the walls

http://biblehub.com/topical/r/raamses.htm

Raamses
Or Rameses, a city built by the Hebrews during their servitude in Egypt, Exodus 1:11. It was situated in the land of Goshen

where is the proof of this...wheres the hebrew markings

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pi-Ramesses

Pi-Ramesses (/pɪər.ɑːmɛs/); (Ancient Egyptian Per-Ra-mes(i)-su, meaning "House of Ramesses")[1] was the new capital built by the Nineteenth Dynasty of Egypt Pharaoh Ramesses II (Ramesses the Great, reigned 1279–1213 BC

notice how it says 1279-1213 bc - 19th dynasty

so the israelites was only around then? what about the 1st dynasty? where was all the biblical characters? lmao bad mistake

thats a village in the city they claim to have built...doesnt look like hebrew architecture to me

thats an ancient synagogue in israel

ancient egyptian temple

much different....

the bible also uses egypt to refer to the land...but there was lower and upper which were both divided...so which one is it referring to?

all this invalidates that flood myth and proves that genesis / torah arent history book(s)...theyre book(s) based on lies...prove me wrong and il delete my account

Last edited by imsocal310; 03-28-2017 at 08:32 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-28-2017, 07:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by granpa View Post
Now a river flows from Eden to water the orchard, and from there it divides into four heads

Heads = African Great Lakes
sadly tho...eden is only a place in the bible

Old 03-28-2017, 11:29 PM

249 posts, read 188,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
God has always existed... and never, not existed.
Prove it.

Old 03-29-2017, 08:48 AM

3,026 posts, read 3,645,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by imsocal310 View Post
most scholars agree...did u even read the post?

mesopotamia is in the middle east lol

how can they be way after if the languages of these civilizations fathered hebrew? its impossible

more importantly tho....egyptians arent introduced in the bible until genesis 10 under mizraim then again as egyptians in genesis 12
Well you seem to be passionate about Hebrew and Egyptian history, I'll give you that. My only point was that Hebrew is an Afroasiatic language. I'm confused about your position. Where do you say Hebrew comes from? Caanan, Egypt, or Mesopotamia?

Old 03-29-2017, 01:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glacierx View Post
Well you seem to be passionate about Hebrew and Egyptian history, I'll give you that. My only point was that Hebrew is an Afroasiatic language. I'm confused about your position. Where do you say Hebrew comes from? Caanan, Egypt, or Mesopotamia?
egypt...based on my earlier posts

Old 03-29-2017, 01:34 PM

10,087 posts, read 5,731,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by raindance maggie View Post
Prove it.
There will never be another human being exactly like you. You can't say the same about any other of the thousands and thousands of animal species that share our planet. There's your proof.

Old 03-29-2017, 03:58 PM

16,671 posts, read 15,665,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
There will never be another human being exactly like you. You can't say the same about any other of the thousands and thousands of animal species that share our planet. There's your proof.
No two dogs or cats are exactly alike either. They have already proven that animal DNA is just as unique at identifying an individual as human DNA. Your proof fails.

Old 03-29-2017, 04:25 PM

3,026 posts, read 3,645,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by imsocal310 View Post
egypt...based on my earlier posts
Okay, I was confused because it seemed like he was going off about how the Jews were never in Egypt, yadda, yadda, which seemed to be run counter to his argument that they were in Egypt when they developed their writing. The Jews were nomadic for a while, so they probably moved around, interacting with the Egyptians, Babylonians, etc.

Old 03-29-2017, 05:18 PM

30,253 posts, read 23,729,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by granpa View Post
Christianity: God is the only God and he magically poofed into existence at the beginning of time.

Ancient Greek religion: In the beginning only chaos existed. The gods evolved later and marry and reproduce just like we do.

Yet ironically Christians consider the ancient Greeks to be superstitious morons and consider themselves to be enlightened and rational.

Whats the difference between :
Samson & Heracles
the great red dragon and Typhon
talking snakes and Nagas
New Jerusalem and Saubha
I like coming here to read every so often. I'm not a Christian. I was raised Episcopalian, but it was because my mom forced us to go to her church. My dad was agnostic. He got to stay home. Yet despite their differences, they never once called each other "morons" or "idiots" or anything else I've seen you call people on here.

I have met a lot of religious people, many Christians, and I have never met a single Christian who called the ancient Greeks "morons". In my very religious house, (by today's standards), we had books on Greek mythology that we were encouraged to read. They were never touted as "moronic" or "idiotic". We were encouraged to read them to learn. (My mom was a teacher...she was big on us learning.)

So, in your very first post, you have failed. Not only that, you have made it brilliantly clear that you really aren't interested in doing anything but bashing on Christians. Again, I'm not a Christian, but my mom is. Despite how much I don't actually like her all that much, I still care that anyone would bash on her, mock her, call her stupid, ignorant, idiotic, moronic, etc. She's not religious right, by the way.

Time is man made. We do not understand the concept of no time. We don't get it because we created the idea of time. We measured what we created. We have a beginning, a middle, and an end to our life, to our day, to a story, to a movie, to a song, to a thread that bashes on Christians, etc. It is impossible for us to comprehend the very idea that without man, there is no actual time. Therefore, when a Christian tells you that God has always existed, and never not existed, it's because while they can't comprehend what it feels like to have no time, they understand that there is actually no time except that created by man.

I have also met very few Christians (minus the Baptists...sorry, but they were very judgemental), who think that they know everything or have it all figured out. If they did, they wouldn't need to go to church every Sunday to listen to someone preach to them for an hour or more...it's called a "sermon". They wouldn't go to Bible study every Wednesday. They wouldn't spend time highlighting and trying to figure out what scriptures are saying, if they had it all figured out. I don't know who you've been hanging around...I do rather suggest that you have not actually hung around any Christian, you're merely repeating what other Christian haters tell you has happened...but it's not even close to reality of the majority.

You proved nothing with your post except that you like to bash on Christians with flimsy evidence and opinions that mean nothing.

It's funny. I was forced to go to church but never actually believed in a life after death when I was younger. I was an atheist when I was younger, before I even knew of the word "atheist" or what it meant. I then took on my dad's position of agnosticism. But I have to tell you, the more you all bash on Christianity, the more open minded I become because I sure don't see Christians going around bashing on other people and calling them all stupid. The worst I've ever seen is someone say that if you don't accept Jesus, then you go to hell...but since I'm comfortable with the idea that hell doesn't actually exist, I don't feel the need to bash on people who say that.

It's like arguing with someone over the idea of Santa Claus. If someone came up to you and told you that absolutely, yes, dang it, Santa Claus exists, you would laugh and walk away. You sure wouldn't spend all your time throwing out links to nonsense or claiming that your opinions were fact, you wouldn't even bother. The ones who are very uncomfortable about there being a God or an afterlife are, I have noticed, the ones who are the nastiest in their threads against religion...especially Christians.

Christianity is not a white American thing. People of all races believe it, people from many countries around the world believe it, people of all ages believe it, people who are smarter than you, people who are dumber than you, people who are far kinder than you, people who are more angry and hateful than you, both genders, from the north, the south, on the east coast, on the west coast, in the country, in the sticks, in the big cities on the oceans...people believe in it. All those millions of people believe in it. Yet the ones I see do the most attacking are the ones who hate Christiantiy for no other reason than they identify it as a "white American" thing.

Old 03-29-2017, 05:22 PM

2,854 posts, read 2,052,319 times
No they call them superstitious pagans. And therefore by implication morons
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality