Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-23-2017, 06:22 AM

37,461 posts, read 61,379,739 times

Advertisements

Bible 'promises' from the books of First and Second Chronicles.

I am doing a project to find all Bible promises that I can. Some say there are hundreds of them, others say there are thousands of promises in the Bible.

I have reviewed the site TOS. I am not asking 'only' Christians, because this is not a Christian-only discussion.

I have found a few websites that mention Bible promises, but they list only a few dozen.

So I have began working through the books of the Bible to find them. For now just focusing on the books of First and Second Chronicles, what promises can you find?

Please list them in this thread.

Thank you,
may God bless and keep you
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-23-2017, 12:22 PM

23,141 posts, read 10,441,143 times
There are too many, you would have to be more specific in subject.

I would say that the greatest promise is that an entire Earth will be created for you somewhere else, and that you will rule all nations with a rod of iron in a sole rule, a rule that put's everyone under your feet as if being a part of each person on an Earth as Adam is now.

Old 03-23-2017, 12:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
There are too many, you would have to be more specific in subject.

I would say that the greatest promise is that an entire Earth will be created for you somewhere else,
I am not familiar with that 'promise'. Could you give the chapter and verse of where it is within First or Second Chronicles?

Quote:
... and that you will rule all nations with a rod of iron in a sole rule, a rule that put's everyone under your feet as if being a part of each person on an Earth as Adam is now.
Likewise I am not aware of this, could you clarify where in First or Second Chronicles you found this?

Old 03-29-2017, 07:00 AM

1 Chronicles
28:20 David said to Solomon his son, Be strong and of good courage, and do it: fear not, nor be dismayed: for the Lord God, even my God, will be with thee; he will not fail thee, nor forsake thee, until thou hast finished all the work for the service of the house of the Lord.

2 Chronicles
7:14 If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

15:7 Be ye strong therefore, and let not your hands be weak: for your work shall be rewarded.

16:9 For the eyes of the Lord run to and fro throughout the whole earth, to shew himself strong in the behalf of them whose heart is perfect toward him.

19:7 Wherefore now let the fear of the Lord be upon you; take heed and do it: for there is no iniquity with the Lord our God, nor respect of persons, nor taking of bribes.

2 Chronicles 34:20 is not a Bible Promise. It is just the record of an event from 622BC, where the king had some of his staff do some stuff. What I like is this list of the king's staff includes Asaiah. Asaiah was a general. He wore a signet ring inscribed with his name and title. He used that signet ring to seal messages. Many wax seals with his signet have been recovered from the rubble along the walls of Jerusalem. Archeology would say that this one guy, existed in that year, he was a general, and that he spent some time walking on the top of that city wall.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality