Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-31-2017, 03:54 PM

4,432 posts, read 6,984,164 times

Advertisements

Here is an example of a christian loon. There is no love from this man and his response is not Christlike. If I had a word of him, I would ask him on how did Jesus respond when confronted by the religious leaders of his day on the the woman caught in adultery?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TCIE0vqk6Uo&t=5s

This preacher also prayed for the death of the previous president Obama. He is like what the late Fred Phelps is like.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-31-2017, 04:38 PM

9,690 posts, read 10,018,190 times
Problem is Jesus said Love your neighbor as your self , so ignoring Jesus commandments will push Jesus away , so what is left is basic the god of legalism , which is dry of Holy Spirit .......

Old 03-31-2017, 05:47 PM

7,943 posts, read 6,066,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hljc View Post
Problem is Jesus said Love your neighbor as your self , so ignoring Jesus commandments will push Jesus away , so what is left is basic the god of legalism , which is dry of Holy Spirit .......
Plus, conservative Romans also hated gays and would hurt them. We have ancient liberal philosophers beseeching ancient polytheists not to kill/hurt gays because they are peaceful and contribute to art, etc.

Old 03-31-2017, 11:50 PM

1,807 posts, read 1,892,003 times
Quote:
Just...a curious question:

How is fighting against same-sex marriage 'loving your neighbor as yourself'?

Not asking to start an argument; I'm honestly curious how that works.

Old 04-01-2017, 12:38 AM

12,595 posts, read 6,651,631 times
Lots of people catch an attitude toward others about how they act sexually...even if it is all between consenting adults.
Why so many are so hung-up, and get so over-the-top emotionally invested about how others choose to conduct themselves when it comes to sex, I have no idea.
Many Religious writings set all kinds of rules about sex...and many use them as a basis for forming their opinion. Though being Theist is not necessary to cop attitudes about how others behave sexually.
In my life I have had many people hate on me and tell me that they would like to see me dead, because of how I conduct my life relative to sex. Others thought it was cool.
People have all kinds of opinions on everything. Some will agree, some won't.
It is all subjective...none are any more right or wrong than any other.
Oh, and...that necessarily means that nobody has an opinion of any greater worldly objective merit than the guy in that video.

Old 04-01-2017, 08:24 AM

5,912 posts, read 2,604,822 times
Quote:
Problem is Jesus said Love your neighbor as your self
Love your neighbor as long as they think like you............ right?

Islam thinks just like you.

Old 04-01-2017, 03:14 PM

32,530 posts, read 22,033,127 times
The guy is a nut...Did you watch the following videos after that?...He got his ass beat be the CBP for refusing to show proof that he was an American citizen...I mean, what's the problem?...You stop, roll down your window, and show identification...He didn't think that he had to...Then after his whinny little video, there follows 5 parts of the court case that followed the incident...Taxpayer money...And all because he thought he had a right not to do what all the other people had to do, show proof of citizenship...I wonder if he would refuse a cop his license and registration after being pulled over...

Old 04-02-2017, 07:50 AM

50,088 posts, read 20,723,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Last Amalekite 1Sam15 View Post
Love your neighbor as long as they think like you............ right?

Islam thinks just like you.
Ah...it looked to me like hljc was on the right side there. Of course, I could be wrong. He will tell us.

Quote:
Well done. For the Real Christian, love, not condemnation, is the command. The finger -pointers, self -appointed morality police or (as you put it) legalism is not of the Holy Spirit.

The question is...if you see that so clearly and easily - why does it escape so many of those others?

I have my own theory why (hint - the 'Komissar'-effect') but comments from others, particularly not Perdition -bound atheist pondslime, would be welcome.

Old 04-02-2017, 08:25 PM

6,796 posts, read 2,907,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by other99 View Post
Here is an example of a christian loon. There is no love from this man and his response is not Christlike. If I had a word of him, I would ask him on how did Jesus respond when confronted by the religious leaders of his day on the the woman caught in adultery?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TCIE0vqk6Uo&t=5s

This preacher also prayed for the death of the previous president Obama. He is like what the late Fred Phelps is like.
Well, Christians can't have it both ways. They either believe what "God" says or they don't. Doesn't God state in Leviticus 20:13: "If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them" . . .? I don't know how many times I've seen or heard that particular scripture quoted by Christians. BUT, they almost always quote that scripture MINUS the "they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them" part!!

We must either get rid of that vulgar passage of scripture or adhere to it in its entirety. There should be no half measures here. And, NO, to those who may say that the death penalty is no longer applicable for New Testament believers ...this harsh penalty was never revoked as far as I know! It's the same with adulterers or disobedient children or Sabbath abrogators ...stone 'em all as instructed by God! OR, alternatively, Christians could toss out all of Leviticus, Deuteronomy, etc. and NEVER refer to Leviticus 20:13 again UNLESS they believe it IN ITS ENTIRETY!

Incidentally, I'd never heard of this Pastor Anderson guy until this thread opened up. I have since, however, seen a number of his videos. How influential IS this fruit-loop ...does anyone know?

Old 04-02-2017, 08:58 PM

12,595 posts, read 6,651,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RomulusXXV View Post
Well, Christians can't have it both ways. They either believe what "God" says or they don't. Doesn't God state in Leviticus 20:13: "If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them" . . .? I don't know how many times I've seen or heard that particular scripture quoted by Christians. BUT, they almost always quote that scripture MINUS the "they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them" part!!

We must either get rid of that vulgar passage of scripture or adhere to it in its entirety. There should be no half measures here. And, NO, to those who may say that the death penalty is no longer applicable for New Testament believers ...this harsh penalty was never revoked as far as I know! It's the same with adulterers or disobedient children or Sabbath abrogators ...stone 'em all as instructed by God! OR, alternatively, Christians could toss out all of Leviticus, Deuteronomy, etc. and NEVER refer to Leviticus 20:13 again UNLESS they believe it IN ITS ENTIRETY!

Incidentally, I'd never heard of this Pastor Anderson guy until this thread opened up. I have since, however, seen a number of his videos. How influential IS this fruit-loop ...does anyone know?
Of course the Christians, "can have it both ways".
That is typical of human conduct.
FOR EXAMPLE:
~~Most that are against animal cruelty, also eat animals.
~~Many who think stealing is wrong...would "steal" the sales taxes they owe on private cash sales, or the income tax they owe on a job they did for cash...and not feel like those who do should be criminalized.
Etc, etc, etc, etc.......

It is completely unreasonable and ridiculous to demand perfection when adhering to rules, laws, and regulations...by ANYONE.
NOBODY is perfect or not in some way hypocritical. Why would you make such an impossible demand of Christians, or anybody for that matter?
This is just an unreasonable standard, based upon hatred.
You just look to slam Christians because of your bias and prejudice against them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality