Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-09-2017, 01:02 AM

63,777 posts, read 40,038,426 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Your frustration is totally justified, mensa. These people think that what you celebrate is NOT determined by what you INTEND to celebrate. They have this absurd idea that what you celebrate is somehow determined by external factors or history. I have no idea how they can believe that they do NOT control what they are celebrating or worshiping or whatever. It seems supremely obvious that what you WANT OR INTEND to celebrate or worship determines what you ARE celebrating or worshiping. How can it be otherwise???!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbbi1 View Post
No, you think that what you INTEND to celebrate (heart motive/faith) is not revealed by WHAT you celebrate (outward manifestation/works). If G-d said don't do it, and you do it anyway, this is called "works". The intention is clear, along with the bowels being displayed (Judas). He sent the Jews into captivity to Babylon in judgment for exactly the same thing. Since He is no respecter of persons, how exactly do you plan to escape it? Oh, I know....tell Jesus you didn't know any better and holler for grace? Too late for that. Shall we sin that grace abounds? G-d forbid. Peace
The external world does NOT determine what is in my heart and mind or what I intend. I determine WHAT I am doing, WHEN and WHY, NOT you or any external religion or tradition. That you do not see this suggests you are in for a big surprise when you stand before God and must explain your actions since you do NOT think you are in control of them. No one decides WHAT, WHEN or WHY I am celebrating or worshiping but ME!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2017, 01:05 AM

9,588 posts, read 5,039,577 times
Quote:
The external world does NOT determine what is in my heart and mind or what I intend. I determine WHAT I am doing, WHEN and WHY, NOT you or any external religion or tradition. That you do not see this suggests you are in for a big surprise when you stand before God and must explain your actions since you do NOT think you are in control of them. No one decides WHAT, WHEN or WHY I am celebrating or worshiping but ME!!!!

As a man thinketh, so is he (and so he does according to what is in his heart). Peace

Old 04-09-2017, 05:22 AM

16,662 posts, read 15,654,903 times
Quote:
No, you think that what you INTEND to celebrate (heart motive/faith) is not revealed by WHAT you celebrate (outward manifestation/works). If G-d said don't do it, and you do it anyway, this is called "works". The intention is clear, along with the bowels being displayed (Judas). He sent the Jews into captivity to Babylon in judgment for exactly the same thing. Since He is no respecter of persons, how exactly do you plan to escape it? Oh, I know....tell Jesus you didn't know any better and holler for grace? Too late for that. Shall we sin that grace abounds? G-d forbid. Peace
You said "If G-d said don't do it," yet all Mystic did was agree that people celebrating the birth or the death and resurrection of Jesus are not violating any prohibition from God. Instead, the issue isn't covered. Some may say it is implied that an Easter celebration is OK because Jesus said to "remember him." So, in memory of Him, Easter is celebrated.

Old 04-09-2017, 06:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mensaguy View Post
You said "If G-d said don't do it," yet all Mystic did was agree that people celebrating the birth or the death and resurrection of Jesus are not violating any prohibition from God. Instead, the issue isn't covered. Some may say it is implied that an Easter celebration is OK because Jesus said to "remember him." So, in memory of Him, Easter is celebrated.
His post that I responded to above has to do with the idea he put forth which is basically that you know what you celebrate, therefore the outward manifestation of it, whatever it may entail, is ok. While I will agree that people that don't know any better are not held to account over it (because you're only accountable for what you know), people that do, are.

And when He said to do this in remembrance of me, He was in the process of Passover on the day of preparation, pointing to His Passover Seder with Him being the lamb slain they were to eat. Passover is not and never will be, about Easter, and Easter is not and never will be, what He said to do.

Spiritually speaking, it's about eating the bread of the Torah with the wine/light of the candlestick (Spirit), for He was the Torah made flesh, and His blood is the wine. You don't see any of the significance of this with celebrating Easter. Like all the other feasts it's a "dress rehearsal" that points to something about His nature and His works that is being spiritually done in us through compliance with His Word, and it lifts HIM up, and THIS is what He meant when He said to do this in remembrance (ie. RE-member My body = all of you come together and do this) of Me. My two cents....Peace

Last edited by Rbbi1; 04-09-2017 at 06:30 AM..

Old 04-09-2017, 05:23 PM

10,020 posts, read 4,955,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mensaguy View Post
" Remember Jesus " according to Luke 22:19 is the way to remember the day of Jesus' death. Not his resurrection.

Easter is a mixing of non-biblical with biblical. Jesus did Not teach mixing - Luke 22:19

Old 04-09-2017, 05:25 PM

10,020 posts, read 4,955,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
People have faith IN SPITE of religious-myth teachings OR the Bible.
is it faith ' biblical faith as taught in Scripture ' or rather credulity ( blind faith )
Jesus based his faith by his logical reasoning on the old Hebrew Scriptures.
Often prefacing his statement with the words, " it is written...." meaning already written down in the old Hebrew Scriptures.

Old 04-09-2017, 06:44 PM

88,512 posts, read 84,688,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew 4:4 View Post
is it faith ' biblical faith as taught in Scripture ' or rather credulity ( blind faith )
Jesus based his faith by his logical reasoning on the old Hebrew Scriptures.
Often prefacing his statement with the words, " it is written...." meaning already written down in the old Hebrew Scriptures.
What are you talking about? Jesus taught from scripture, but he didn't "base his faith" on the scriptures. He was JESUS.

Old 04-09-2017, 09:49 PM

7,943 posts, read 6,062,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew 4:4 View Post
" Remember Jesus " according to Luke 22:19 is the way to remember the day of Jesus' death. Not his resurrection.

Easter is a mixing of non-biblical with biblical. Jesus did Not teach mixing - Luke 22:19
Jesus didn't "mix" a New Testament with an Old Testament... but the pagans wanted it so, so it was. And for it, they were more agreeable to converting to a religion closer to Judaism (the Biblical descriptions of which I find to be an accursed, sick, fascist, and demoniac Abrahamic animal blood sacrifice fertility pact religion, but that is another story).

Old 04-10-2017, 12:10 AM

63,777 posts, read 40,038,426 times
Quote:
Quote:
As a man thinketh, so is he (and so he does according to what is in his heart). Peace
Glad to see you agree with me. We can NOT ever celebrate something we do NOT want or intend to celebrate. WE decide what we are celebrating, when and how, period.

Old 04-10-2017, 09:26 AM

Quote:
Glad to see you agree with me. We can NOT ever celebrate something we do NOT want or intend to celebrate. WE decide what we are celebrating, when and how, period.

No, actually G-d does. Peace
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality