Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-19-2017, 07:16 PM

9,588 posts, read 5,019,582 times

Advertisements

I've had MANY, too many to count, such dreams from G-d. This is NORMAL in the life of a SPIRIT FILLED believer, and any of the doubters on here have read the Word and ever bothered to notice, there are MANY such examples in both the OT and the NT. So it should not come as a shock or even a controversy to anyone that He should do these things, exactly like we are relating to you, because He is no respecter of persons, what He did with one He will do with all, if the all are following Him (and occasionally even if they are not, as some of the former Muslims have testified to on youtube). Peace

Old 04-19-2017, 07:19 PM

9,345 posts, read 4,301,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr5150 View Post
Yea this experience of mine has always given atheists problems. Thus the multitude of rationalizations as witnessed in this thread. Read my posts then read all of the "possible" explanations. Sorry, but... Not the first time nor the last. "Anything but God".
Gives me zero problems. You had a lucid dream, it came true and you claim it was God and you dismiss anything a person could say as an alternative. You believe your job was via God. There isn't even a single way you can prove or I could disprove you even had a dream. As I said you had a dream, it came true and you credit your God but I do not see the part of your experience giving atheists problems. I personally see no requirement to even provide you with an alternative, you credit God and you feel great about it. If it evidence for yourself great for you but if it used as evidence that others must accept as a proof there needs to be more.

Old 04-19-2017, 07:21 PM

7,233 posts, read 7,028,843 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr5150 View Post
Wait, wait. I have this sense, this feeling can it be??? A ridiculing post and disrespectful one that has been detected. No need for God on this one. Please be ashamed of yourself. If we were face to face you wouldn't dare to act or say such things. Enjoy the protection the internet gives you
So, no way to refute me. It's not disrespectful to point out that you have no proof. And now my claim is equally valid as yours, if you're really honest.

I consider it arrogant of you that you will only entertain the idea that it could only have been God.

I'm not ashamed. You are just another person who thinks they are Gods special snowflake.

Old 04-19-2017, 07:34 PM

9,455 posts, read 12,508,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kab0906 View Post

I consider it arrogant of you that you will only entertain the idea that it could only have been God.

I'm not ashamed. You are just another person who thinks they are Gods special snowflake. .
Thank you for your kind and respectful post.

Old 04-19-2017, 07:42 PM

3,223 posts, read 9,613,935 times
If there was tangible evidence people couldn't be tested, many theologists believe life itself is a test.

Old 04-19-2017, 07:46 PM

Quote:
So, no way to refute me. It's not disrespectful to point out that you have no proof. And now my claim is equally valid as yours, if you're really honest.

I'm not ashamed. You are just another person who thinks they are Gods special snowflake.

There's nothing arrogant about it. You ever been out of your hometown for any reason? I'm assuming the answer is yes as most people venture out of their own town. Could anyone on the face of the earth tell you that you haven't been out of your town and make you, even demand that you deny having been there and then get you yourself to believe it? Of course not. In the same way, when you have a dream that came from G-d, no one on the face of the earth can convince you it was not G-d, because it's origination point was clearly your spirit and not your carnal mind and the difference is obvious to the participant. Peace

Old 04-19-2017, 07:51 PM

12,595 posts, read 6,628,464 times
Quote:
Your experience doesn't bother me at all, because I just had an experience where God told me Satan was behind your job change.

I said it happened so it must be true. That's proof and everyone should believe it.

What? Do I sense a denial coming?

Must be another message from God about the future.

See how absurd your claim of an "experience" is?

Not proof. Just a story with no facts.
What I see as, IMO, the most insulting, nasty, dishonest stuff on this board...is, when the Religious give personal testimony of what they perceive as an actual, legitimate, experience that they had, and that they see as evidence of God...for no reason other than to insult and mock them, someone makes up an obvious lie about an experience they claim they had, that contradicts the testimonial of the Religious person.
This is nothing but biased, hateful, and outright dishonest. And so obviously so, it reduces what they have to say to nothing.
It is stuff like this that is why Atheists are viewed as one of the most hated and least trusted groups there is.

5150 was giving an honest and sincere testimonial and presenting what he feels is evidence, with no intention to deceive or criticize...but the response was an obvious lie, born of bias, hate, and ill will.

Old 04-19-2017, 08:34 PM

2,186 posts, read 1,165,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbbi1 View Post
I never said anything about their experiences, but while you're on the subject, it goes back to the ONE mediator thing. Experiences outside of that may be as real as spiritual things can be, but they are from the WRONG spirit(s), and their works proclaim it.

You just don't get it. Your so-called "rational" arguments are from a fallen nature that I left behind when His Spirit came into my heart, so why SHOULD they have any effect upon me? Our ways are not His ways, His ways are much HIGHER than our ways. You left a pile a rules behind specific to whatever denomination you escaped from, and congratulations are in order for that. BUT that is NOT the same thing as having a NEW SPIRIT living in you that promises to lead you into all righteousness and Truth, because once again, it CHANGES you from the inside out, not the outside in as ALL denominations try to do. Peace
Again, you and your God are not unique. You are proclaiming nothing that other religious people haven't claimed. If your religion comforts you, good for you. It did me until I decided to think and act rationally. What is sad is that you believe you are favored by your flavor of God, while billions of innocent others suffer from lack of his attention to their plights. Do all those starving children in 3rd world countries choose to reject Jesus and suffer horrible existences and deaths? Those rose colored glasses you wear are blinding you to reality.

Old 04-20-2017, 01:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maat55 View Post
Again, you and your God are not unique. You are proclaiming nothing that other religious people haven't claimed. If your religion comforts you, good for you. It did me until I decided to think and act rationally. What is sad is that you believe you are favored by your flavor of God, while billions of innocent others suffer from lack of his attention to their plights. Do all those starving children in 3rd world countries choose to reject Jesus and suffer horrible existences and deaths? Those rose colored glasses you wear are blinding you to reality.

Jesus said the poor we would have with us always. Why do you think that is? Peace

Old 04-20-2017, 05:31 AM

5,912 posts, read 2,591,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maat55 View Post
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.