Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-22-2017, 03:45 PM

50,088 posts, read 20,723,660 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by maat55 View Post
I agree with nature as well. Yet, I'm not ruling out some level of unnatural experiences like Deja vu etc...
I've experienced that, too. Possibly the only difference inour stance is that I am awarding the default to a natural explanation in the end. I could be wrong, but I'm cautious about seeing 'God' involved in it.

Old 04-22-2017, 04:34 PM

21,020 posts, read 19,383,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arleigh View Post
Jesus came to provide access to God via the Holy Spirit,thus creating a personal relationship in which honest believers have fellowship with God and there is interaction regularly. it has nothing to do with being taught in church or radio preachers .it has every thing to do with an honest desperate prayer life needing God's influence.
Not every thing is in desperation , however if one does not take the relationship seriously and honestly, they insult God's gift.
God is not obligated to compromise with man , but one that is directly obedient for the most part to God's direction in their life , God does do extraordinary things, in spite of weakness one suffers.
Hi arleigh, nice to see you here, ❤️
I find whether a believer or not...if one can be like a child...innocent....inquisitive ...open,
full of wonder...opening to the heart and the still voice that each of us has in their very
silent beingness....they can access this most Holy Spirit.
It is in a zone similar to the place when someone is falling...falling in love...
there is no sense of logic or reason ...they are simply swept up...taken into this
suction of a magical experience meant only for them as the world seems to stand still in a place where there is no time or space.

Old 04-22-2017, 06:05 PM

2,186 posts, read 1,171,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GldnRule View Post
For further clarification:

"The Evidence" of why Nature/Universe/All That Exists is meritoriously titled "God":
ALL THE ENERGY/MATTER THAT EXISTS AND HAS EXISTED (The Universe) has all those attributes definitive of a God Entity.
~~THE UNIVERSE and that which comprises it, has rearranged itself so as to produce everything that has ever existed in Reality...from the smallest particle to the biggest Galaxy.---SOURCE/CREATOR
~~THE UNIVERSE and that which comprises it, possess knowledge of all that is known at any given time.---ALL KNOWING
~~THE UNIVERSE and that which comprises it, occupies all places in Reality.---ALL PRESENT
~~THE UNIVERSE and that which comprises it, accounts for all the energy and force that exists in, acts upon, and controls, Reality.---ALL POWERFUL
I could go on...but these are the attributes known to be definitive, demonstrative, and indicative of a God Entity.
Religions use metaphorical and allegorical characters and stories to describe all of this.
THE UNIVERSE is as "Godly" as it gets...from ANY reasonable assessment...and certainly merits the title "GOD".
If THE UNIVERSE doesn't cut it as GOD, nothing would...and we may as well not even have such a word/term/title.
I disagree that there is an intelligent creator. We don't know how the universe came to be and it is wild speculation to attribute it to an intelligent creator. Religions make up supernatural nonsense that are of imaginative human methodology. This is why I give no credence to religions.

Old 04-22-2017, 06:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRANSPONDER View Post
I've experienced that, too. Possibly the only difference inour stance is that I am awarding the default to a natural explanation in the end. I could be wrong, but I'm cautious about seeing 'God' involved in it.
I also agree that nature is the default. I just don't know whether or not unexplainable forces exist and play a roll.

Old 04-22-2017, 06:15 PM

21,020 posts, read 19,383,279 times
Quote:
I disagree that there is an intelligent creator.
We don't know how the universe came to be and it is wild speculation to attribute it to an intelligent creator.
Religions make up supernatural nonsense that are of imaginative human methodology.
This is why I give no credence to religions.
Nor should you give credence to religions...my opinion.
I just wrote this to an atheist...I think it is ok to post it here, too...

Even if you don't believe in a God...
So what you are an atheist...still...
Tonight before you fall asleep
Lay there in stillness like a child...feel.
Feel how your breath comes and goes and you have no part of it...
Feel how every molecule talks to all the other molecules...
How all of your food is being digested by some
Unseen infinite, unconscious power, if you will.
Feeeel the magic of life, pure life and know that there is some
Wisdom there.
Forget all concepts of things heard about some 'God' and just
Feel the wonder of life
And be open to the happiness and simplicity around you.
There is no need to believe in a 'God'...nor some savior...nor sin...
Nor a hell or Heaven...nor some afterlife...
Oh, will you have a good sleep tonight!
Just feel the peace all around you and in you.

Old 04-22-2017, 06:18 PM

9,588 posts, read 5,044,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
I'm with you on this.
I was asked to 'heal' or pray for a person dying in the ICU...in a coma, no hope, being kept alive by a heart pump and being breathed!
I did what I was asked to do...at 4 pm.
The next morning i got the call 10:35 am...she was off all the machines was sitting up , smiling
and talking.
Was I surprised? No...I would have been surprised had she NOT been healed.
Is this proof of God? Nope.
What is it? i dunno?
But I believe in it ...I have no 'faith per se'...I know
that when I pray for something it will simply happen. Period.

Does that sound nuts to a worldly or logical mind...you betcha!!!
Does their need for tangible proof of the unseen in this 3rd dimension sound nuts to me? Yup.
But, I don't care...live and let live...to me it's all part of some perfect Cosmic or Divine Play with
us as actors...those that believe and those that do not...what fun..it's what makes the world go round.

Yeah, I've had similar experiences. Faith brings the kingdom into physical manifestation, simple as that. Peace

Old 04-22-2017, 06:23 PM

Quote:

Wisdom there.
Feel the wonder of life

Everything you say sounds reasonable until you interject wisdom. There is no reason to believe our existence revolves around intelligent design. It is entirely possible that nature is an indifferent force which cannot be determined at this time.

Old 04-22-2017, 06:32 PM

12,595 posts, read 6,651,631 times
Quote:
I disagree that there is an intelligent creator. We don't know how the universe came to be and it is wild speculation to attribute it to an intelligent creator. Religions make up supernatural nonsense that are of imaginative human methodology. This is why I give no credence to religions.
We don't need to know how it all came to be.
It is only reasonable and logical that ALL THE ENERGY/MATTER THAT EXISTS AND HAS EXISTED (The Universe) is the Source/Creator of anything and everything.
We have come to know (well, as best as we can) that energy/matter cannot be created or destroyed...thus, whatever state things are in at any point in time is simply a rearrangement of the same energy/matter that has always existed. The Universe (GOD) is necessarily the Source/Creator of all Reality.
One of the main attributes by which it definitively comports as "GOD".
THAT is the "evidence" for GOD. Of course, some want to argue against the lack of evidence for the existence of metaphorical and allegorical representations of God...because they have headtrip issues about Religions.

Old 04-22-2017, 06:38 PM

12,595 posts, read 6,651,631 times
Quote:

Wisdom there.
Feel the wonder of life

^^Sweet!^^

Old 04-22-2017, 06:39 PM

50,088 posts, read 20,723,660 times
Quote:
I also agree that nature is the default. I just don't know whether or not unexplainable forces exist and play a roll.
Nor do I. Nor do any other atheists. We just prefer to not invest belief in anything until we feel there is good reason to.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality