Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-21-2017, 09:49 PM

19,024 posts, read 27,585,087 times

Advertisements

JW is outlawed in China, North Korea, Saudi Arabia, Iran, Uzbekistan, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, Iraq and other countries.

JW HQ is in the USA. Just like, say, Voice of America.

Let me ask you this. How long will US government tolerate a religious group that has center in Russia, refuses to serve in militaries or vote or partake in ANY medical procedures, blood transfusion in emergencies included?
Moderator cut: Non-English portion removed.

Last edited by mensaguy; 04-22-2017 at 04:32 AM.. Reason: English please
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-21-2017, 11:26 PM

5,466 posts, read 3,063,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRANSPONDER View Post
Thanks for your input. You are on the scene in Russia/ That is interesting. If so I am glad to have you here.

The logic is, I suggest, that 'street drugs' are to be compared with medicine as a whole, while harmful and even criminal aspects of it should not have the protection that medicine (which has its' rules) enjoys.

Transfer the analogy to religion, and the logic is fine.

That took 30 seconds.
OK , lets burn the churches down.

Old 04-22-2017, 05:52 AM

50,088 posts, read 20,712,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonesg View Post
OK , lets burn the churches down.
It is significant that idea occurred to you rather than to me. Burning down churches only creates martyrs. Churches are better turned into humanist libraries or information centres, or bowling alleys, or (as in the UK) flats and apartments, or at the least, bin end salesrooms.

Persecution only creates sympathy (unless you can demonize the persecuted enough). Persuasion and protection is the answer; reasoned discussion, not witch -hunts.

Old 04-22-2017, 10:25 AM

23,141 posts, read 10,441,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafius View Post
Russia has outlawed Jehovas Witnesses. Hopefully we can follow suit with all other organised religions. It's time we fought back against superstition and wilful ignorance.

Russia court outlaws 'extremist' Jehovah's Witnesses - BBC News

LOL, This is America, people came here because they wanted to believe whatever they want to believe.

What religion are you again Rafius?

Maybe we can start with your religion, is that the Atheist religion lol?

Maybe we can vote on it cause this is a democracy even though half the country no longer believes in democracy, there are still ways to vote. Maybe we could vote all the people like you outta here lol.

HAHAHA, Meh, I would still try and defend the way you believe bro.

Old 04-22-2017, 11:00 AM

9,345 posts, read 4,322,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
LOL, This is America, people came here because they wanted to believe whatever they want to believe.

What religion are you again Rafius?

Maybe we can start with your religion, is that the Atheist religion lol?

Maybe we can vote on it cause this is a democracy even though half the country no longer believes in democracy, there are still ways to vote. Maybe we could vote all the people like you outta here lol.

HAHAHA, Meh, I would still try and defend the way you believe bro.
As a non American even I know that you are making a false claim. The colonies were not tolerant of the various religions which is probably the reason for the country to protect religious freedoms in the construction. People came to the colony that they could practice their own religion. Making everywhere in the country open to all religions and to those of no religions was one of the best ideas of your founding fathers. Also is Rafius an American?

Old 04-22-2017, 11:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by badlander View Post
As a non American even I know that you are making a false claim. The colonies were not tolerant of the various religions which is probably the reason for the country to protect religious freedoms in the construction. People came to the colony that they could practice their own religion. Making everywhere in the country open to all religions and to those of no religions was one of the best ideas of your founding fathers. Also is Rafius an American?

I think Rafius might be an alien.

Old 04-22-2017, 11:04 AM

9,345 posts, read 4,322,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
I think Rafius might be an alien.
Very possible but then again I often wonder at many people on line if they can possibly be human.

Old 04-22-2017, 11:10 AM

Quote:
Very possible but then again I often wonder at many people on line if they can possibly be human.
Never know.

I do keep my one good eye on TRANSPONDER, I think he maybe an evil overlord from some place.

Old 04-22-2017, 11:34 AM

12,595 posts, read 6,649,477 times
Quote:
Hey badlander...I have an old post, that I put up many times, regarding the "Founding Fathers"...check it out:

This is one of my favorite debate subjects. My view is rare, but I feel it is very accurate.
I've put up these posts up many times...and I hope for further debate of it:

First off, I have a problem lending credence to people that were slave owners, oppressed females, and had no problem authorizing a genocide to take over more land. Those guys were a plague upon humanity no less than A. Hitler and the Nazis or G. Khan and his crew.

What is written in "the documents" is paper & ink, and what they said is just "words"---What they ACTUALLY did...is REALITY.

Oh, BUT WAIT! They were high level political officials...They would neeeeeeeever do what they said they wouldn't...or fail to do what they said they would.
Everyone knows politicians are above all that...Right?!
Especially the slave owning, female oppressing, genocidal kind...because they are such honorable guys!

HERE'S THE REAL DEAL: Those so-called "Founding Fathers" promoted their brand of religion harder than McDonalds pushes their hamburgers. They did everything they could to inculcate the people...including the few Native People they hadn't killed...REGARDLESS of what they wrote!

Not only did they TRY to instill their religion into the fabric of the new society that was being developed---they SUCCEEDED. MOF, they did it SO good...it's STILL the main game.

And anyone denying the reality because they don't like it, doesn't change it.

What it does, or doesn't, HAVE TO BE based on the law...is inconsequential to WHAT IT IS...and HAS BEEN ever since the hostile takeover by the European Christians that overthrew the Native People.

And that's another thing to get straight--They only "founded" THE GOVERNMENT...NOT "the nation". The nation was already founded...they just took it by force and deception and put their own "game" in place--And you can't "found" something by stealing it.

First, there were the Native Americans with their (IMHO, just about ideal) culture, belief, and traditions, that were the inhabitants of this land. And, in a perfected world, the ones that should still be the rightful leaders--but that's another issue.
Then there were the European so-called "Founding Fathers" that stole the land (mostly by force, partly by swindle) from the Native People and put forth their con-job of a secular society...all the while they promoted, and inculcated, their version of Christianity better than a crew of modern TV Evangelists. An all out effort to make BibleGod and BibleRules the base concept, was the prime order of business. Which figures...since they left their homeland, mainly so they could have their theological way. They were soooooo slick, they even put some shills out front, with fake non-Christian diversion-talk (even putting some of that cover-talk in their initial documents), while they ran their ACTUAL game.

Politicians still use this tried-and-true technique of feinting policy and purporting false intentions, to mitigate opposition...this "deception and diversion" is a concept which has it birth as a military/fighting tactic.
The empirical evidence of this is as visible as the sun and moon, and their efforts were so successful it still has great power and influence to this day.

What the "founding fathers" and the "founding documents" said/wrote it was/would be...I do not believe they intended/wanted it to ACTUALLY be.
Actions speak way louder than words...and what they did flies in the face of them actually WANTING this country to be non-religious.

This may not go over too well, but...I don't think those so-called "founding fathers" were any different than most high level politicians that have ever existed. They say they will/won't do one thing...but then actually do the opposite...all the while giving speeches and writing up "documents" using shill words and statements. They can't be trusted, and their main objective is their personal agenda...and you will never know what that REALLY is based on what they say or write...because they will always "spin" things to avoid opposition, or appear to be fair.

Want to know how things REALLY were/are?...just take a look back/around!

I submit...the #1 way for the government to indirectly promote the growth of ANYTHING...is to exempt it from taxes. THAT will tell you what they REALLY want to flourish.

It is KNOWN HISTORY that in the early days of the Republic, Christian church services were held in virtually every Federal building in D.C...the government, in essence, became a church! Thomas Jefferson attended services in the House of Representatives chamber. He decided the music needed more energy, so he ordered the Marine Band to play each Sunday. All paid for with govt. funds, of course.
Jefferson even sent missionaries to the Indian tribes...and provided government money to build churches...all so, according to him, the Native Americans might enjoy "more fullness of life".
Don't believe me?...do some research.

During Jeffersons term as President he started three school systems in D.C. and Virginia---The required texts for each school system were the Bible, Watt’s book of hymns, and a reading primer. Because, according to him, "Those books are the basis of a good education".
Again, do some research...you'll see.

Those guys back then took the completely NON-CHRISTIAN country they had come to (the Natives were NOT Christian)...and SATURATED it with Christianity. And they used the power and money of the government they had put together to do it.
There was NO Christianity...or ANY religion, for that matter...in this land until THEY came along...the Native People were spiritual, but they weren't religious (much, much better a "way"-IMO).
So, how did it get so prevalent and locked in? Because, regardless of what they wrote in "the documents", they pushed it like TV evangelists! Even onto the original occupants of the land they stole/swindled it from...THAT'S how.
They did such a good job at so completely turning the existing Non-Religious Nation into a Religious Nation...200 years later IT STILL IS. BECAUSE OF THEM...they "kicked it off"! How can anyone not see that?!
If it wasn't them...I'd sure like someone to give me some other good evidence as to who it really was that changed things from NonChristian to Christian in this country.

I do think some of the "concepts" and "ideals" that were written into documents like the Constitution and the DOI were/are awesome.
MOF...they are, in theory, some of the best rules of governance and regulations for societal order ever written.

My issue is with the guys that wrote them.
The evidence shows it was nothing but "political spin & posturing" on their part...as a "shield" to hide behind, while they ran their ACTUAL game.

As far as standards go...based on their ACTUAL ACTIONS & DEEDS (regardless of what they wrote)...those dudes were one of the most evil, hypocritical, heinous, cruel, selfish, rotten crew of despots to ever assemble.
They shouldn't have ever even been here in the first place! Who were they to kill and swindle their way into power?! They slaughtered nearly an ENTIRE human race! They were no better than G. Khan, A. Hitler, and their ilk...and stroking those guys is no different than stroking Khan and Hitler. Hey...at least Khan and Hitler had the stones to lay it on the line in no uncertain terms...instead of being shifty, sneaky, "wolves in sheeps' clothing".

That's how I see it...because that's how it REALLY WAS. Lofty written "concepts and ideals"...that they themselves were as far from as any that ever lived, aside.

Old 04-22-2017, 11:52 AM

21,088 posts, read 29,216,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maksim_Frolov View Post
A simple-minded old woman will open the door. The task of the state to protect citizens and make their lives safer.

I did not meet with Baptists. No, I have nothing against them. They are not active preachers.
Russia does not prohibit religion. Russia bans the specific foreign organization "Jehovah's Witnesses in Russia."

These are different things.
Not different..people dislike certain things about others..when does on get banned and another accepted?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality