Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-10-2008, 11:52 AM

1,565 posts, read 4,308,861 times

Advertisements

I don't understand how believing in an infinitely old deity is more probable than an infinitely old dimension.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-10-2008, 12:16 PM

2,630 posts, read 4,938,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
Oh sure, we all know how scientist tell us one thing and 10 years later tell us that evidence is no longer true.
God's word never changes, man is the one who changes and interprets God's word wrong.
You might not get it but this is more a point for science.

Here we have 2 systems, there is science where errors are corrected and theories are rejected in favour of new ones that explain the evidence better.
A system that remains tentative and doesn't pretend to know all the answers. A system that works to improve itself at every chance even if it means starting anew just for the sake of finding the truth.

In contrast we have the unchanging view that would never fathom the possibility of being wrong about things even if the evidence(evidence? what evidence? we have faith!!!) tells otherwise. If you ask me id say that something like that will just become stagnant over time.

It doesn't matter though because science will continue to search the truth and continue to discover new things to make life better through materialistic means whilst religion will continue to offer spiritual guidance to those who seek it.

Its sad that this is degenerating into a science vs religion discussion. I study biology you see so I was hoping instead to discuss the apparent problems with evolution and show why it has remained a theory even under constant scrutiny(after undergoing some changes) for over 150 years.

Old 03-10-2008, 12:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marodi View Post
I don't understand how believing in an infinitely old deity is more probable than an infinitely old dimension.
I really don't know what you mean, could you please expand on that?

Old 03-10-2008, 12:32 PM

4,440 posts, read 9,066,646 times
CSC sounds like a really fine organization

Center for Science and Culture - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 03-10-2008, 03:01 PM

17,468 posts, read 12,929,155 times
What's wrong with agreeing God created the Universe and let science do it's job just making the Best of what God gave us.

The point most of you are not seeing, from the article is, God and Science can work together, it's just some scientist are just out to prove to ALL of you there is no God.

Christians don't have a problem with Science, if it would just stick to SCIENCE and not trying to prove there's NO GOD!!!

Old 03-10-2008, 03:06 PM

17,468 posts, read 12,929,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigthirsty View Post

It wouldn't have mattered, if I had put up a Christian site. Actually, you all are pretty polite, since it wasn't a Christian site. Just showing that there are people willing to go along, with No God, just because Science tells you.

HMMMM, maybe, Science is the Anti-Christ!!

Old 03-10-2008, 03:21 PM

4,440 posts, read 9,066,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
It wouldn't have mattered, if I had put up a Christian site. Actually, you all are pretty polite, since it wasn't a Christian site. Just showing that there are people willing to go along, with No God, just because Science tells you.

HMMMM, maybe, Science is the Anti-Christ!!
The problem is that organization seeks to limit knowledge in favor of what they feel is "theistic understandings"... and honestly.. I'd have no problem with that since there isn't a law in the country about being ingnorant (which in my view they clearly are). However, when they decide they want to push their ignorance in public schools then it bothers me... It offends me as a Christian, and as a father.

Old 03-10-2008, 03:45 PM

4,714 posts, read 8,458,621 times
Good luck to the Creationists!

OPPOSITION TO CREATIONISM 7 OF 9

From the talk.origins archive.

Uh oh! Accumulation of chloride ions among Earth's oceans indicates age of Earth is 3.6 billions years. No utilization of radiometric dating techniques needed!
http://www.csun.edu/~vcgeo005/collins.pdf

Also from the talk.origins archive.

Last edited by ParkTwain; 03-10-2008 at 03:53 PM..

Old 03-11-2008, 04:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParkTwain View Post
Good luck to the Creationists!

OPPOSITION TO CREATIONISM 7 OF 9

From the talk.origins archive.

Uh oh! Accumulation of chloride ions among Earth's oceans indicates age of Earth is 3.6 billions years. No utilization of radiometric dating techniques needed!
http://www.csun.edu/~vcgeo005/collins.pdf

Also from the talk.origins archive.
Dammed YEC's trying to spread their idiocy around. It really offended me when took physics and found out that pretty much every argument against radiometric dating are just wads of concentrated dung flung at people who dont know better. Why is it that the people who claim to be the most righteous need to resort to the spreading of lies?

Old 03-11-2008, 04:29 AM

6,712 posts, read 13,454,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coosjoaquin View Post
Dammed YEC's trying to spread their idiocy around. It really offended me when took physics and found out that pretty much every argument against radiometric dating are just wads of concentrated dung flung at people who dont know better. Why is it that the people who claim to be the most righteous need to resort to the spreading of lies?
You know... that's confused me to no end... I have no problem with a contradiction to science. If someone finds something that's credible that goes against what we know scientifically than that's fine. Really it is. However, making up lies to try and support a cause is pretty shallow and I never quite understood it. The only thing I can come up with is that the people who believe it don't realize they are lies and the people who publish this stuff know full well exactly what they're doing. I think the leaders of these Creationist movements are slimier than any politician. If they're willing to sincerely swaggle millions from unknowing followers of this garbage than I have no doubt that we shouldn't be surprised when another Kent Hovind style situation erupts.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality