U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 07-04-2019, 08:17 AM
 
Location: Southwestern, USA
15,388 posts, read 12,138,366 times
Reputation: 16625

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by shivers View Post
Not one thing. I see comments like who made man then? Let's say that is evidence even though there is real evidence for evolution, It does not by any stretch prove which god. Muslim? Hindu? Jewish? Zoroaster? Zeus? There is absolutely not one iota of proof or evidence that the biblical god exists or is real. NOT ONE BIT. In fact there are mountains of proof that the bible is out and out wrong in several of its myths.
The flood is proven to have never happened on a world scale.

The bible is full of crazy crap like its against the gods law to eat shell fish, slaves be obedient to your masters, Rape in some cases is OK, Jephthah sacrificing his daughter to god for helping him win a battle is AOK. The bible like most religious books were written by goat herders who had little to no knowledge of how the world actually worked.
Just another perspective on that flood...
it happened 'in their known world' or area...doesn't mean, to me, some kind of flood didn't happen, just not the entire planet.

There will never be proof of God or an inspired Bible.
Proof is a direct encounter with this Superior Being...
for the individual, only...ha, maybe his close friends that see a transformation.

Oh, shell fish are bottom feeders and fish with no scales weakened them, too (us)...
it was a protection for their health.
Pork classically weakens us...it's the most acidic causing meat out there.
I overheard at a cafe a young person talking about how bad he felt after pork.

There are so many valid, in your face, ridiculous things in there and contradictions, but not everything.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 07-04-2019, 12:19 PM
 
4,255 posts, read 1,627,603 times
Reputation: 292
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClementofA View Post
Is there any proof that the Bible is not 100% man made?

All have watched revelation passing before their eyes for way over 100 years now. Written over 1900 years ago.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-04-2019, 01:19 PM
 
13,493 posts, read 4,999,286 times
Reputation: 1365
I don't that there will never be proof. we are already seeing that the data is pointing to the claim that whatever humans are classified as, the system we are in, at least, is better described as that. youtube How small is it 05, is the information that is what I use to make that statement.

its just too clear at this point to think that the system we are in less complex than humans. its a foolish claim. Most atheist see that.

so what does that mean in terms of your god thing?

it means some of the properties that your "father has" is supported by science and some of the things you think your "father has" is not.

so "there will never be proof" isn't really the best we have. Also, what will be shown to be, so far in a way less valid, is thebiblegod only and deny everything are just pure nonsense.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-05-2019, 04:51 AM
 
39,112 posts, read 10,849,315 times
Reputation: 5088
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjw47 View Post
All have watched revelation passing before their eyes for way over 100 years now. Written over 1900 years ago.
And still not coming to pass as predicted by the JW prophets time after time. There comes a time when this 'prophecy coming to pass' assertion wears too thin to be decently worn anymore.

And now folks...I simply must do some work.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-05-2019, 04:42 PM
 
Location: Coastal New Jersey
56,088 posts, read 54,581,442 times
Reputation: 66486
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjw47 View Post
All have watched revelation passing before their eyes for way over 100 years now. Written over 1900 years ago.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRANSPONDER View Post
And still not coming to pass as predicted by the JW prophets time after time. There comes a time when this 'prophecy coming to pass' assertion wears too thin to be decently worn anymore.

And now folks...I simply must do some work.
And what an amazing coincidence that this "way over 100 years" happens to be just about the same length of time the JWs have been in existence!
__________________
Moderator posts are in RED.
City-Data Terms of Service: http://www.city-data.com/terms.html
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-05-2019, 05:10 PM
 
Location: Ohio
19,923 posts, read 14,238,717 times
Reputation: 16096
Quote:
Originally Posted by shivers View Post
The flood is proven to have never happened on a world scale.

That is a fact.No world wide flood ever happened...
That's not entirely true.

If you want to blame someone, and you surely can, the christians must accept 100% of the responsibility and blame for stupidly relying on faulty and erroneous translations of their own texts.

Technically speaking, you're correct, but for all the wrong reasons. There was no flood, but there was a deluge, and it's not just semantics, there really is a huge difference between the two words, and it was only partially global in scale, affecting the Indian Ocean and Pacific Ocean Basins, but not the Atlantic Ocean.

That much is evident from the 140-odd Deluge myths.

Which cultures on the east coast of the Americas (North or South) or west coast of Africa/Europe have Deluge stories?

None. That's because nothing happened there. All the stories are focused on the Indian and Pacific Oceans.

Of the groups in the Indian and Pacific Oceans, who reports seeing a "green star" or "green arrow" or "flaming arrow" or any other similar object?

Only those living in northeastern Siberia and Alaska and the west coast of Canada down to Washington State.

Is there a problem with that?

Nope. That's exactly how it should be, unless, of course, you think the Earth is flat.

Except, the Earth isn't flat, it's spheroidal and there's no possible way people in the Middle East could see what those groups did see.

What they're describing is a celestial body, an asteroid or comet, that was on a low-trajectory entering Earth's atmosphere around the North Polar Region traversing roughly the Bering Strait in a southeastern path toward Antarctica.

Which is exactly what LA-UR-07-5884 The generation of a tsunami from the impact of a massive comet in the Indian Ocean (Weaver, et al) says.

We know for a fact that the Western Antarctic Ice Sheet was nearly totally destroyed and much of it is less than 8,000 years old, because it didn't start reforming until about 6,000 BCE after it had been destroyed.

The Eastern Antarctic Ice Sheet appears to have been unaffected.

A celestial body landing on or near the Western Antarctic Ice Sheet would have destroyed it and sent a tsunami racing up the Indian and Pacific Oceans, but not the Atlantic Ocean.

So, there you go. It really happened, it just didn't happen the way the bible says.

Again, you can blame christians for refusing to accept Truth & Reality.

You have three different bibles, written by three different groups of men, who have different focuses and belief systems, and two different religions.

Jeremiah has access to the P texts, because he's a descendant of Abiathar. Abiathar was a Mosaic priest, a descendant of X-Moses and the chief priest of the Temple, before being banished by King Solomon to Anatoth, a small village outside of Jerusalem. You know, keep your friends close, but your enemies closer? Yeah, that.

If you remember, Jeremiah was attacked. That's because everyone in Anatoth is an Aaronid priest -- a descendant of Aaron -- or related to one, except Jeremiah who's descended of a Mosaic priest and the Mosaic and Aaronid priests hate each other with a passion.

When Jeremiah combines the E, J and P texts, that's what creates the conflicts, so was it 40 days or 1 year and was 1 pair of animals or 2 pair of unclean and 5 pair of clean animals and was it a raven or a dove?

The E text got it mostly right.

There is one glaring error. The Mosaic priest who wrote the E text didn't understand the difference between Base 60 and Base 10.

It wasn't 40 days and nights, it was 5 days and nights, which I would point out is exactly what the other 140-odd Deluge stories say, since they all put it at 3-5 days.

You have to remember nothing in the pre-history in Genesis is Hebrew in origin. It's all original Sumerian and Akkadian stories.

Like Sodom and Gomorrah. Yahweh didn't do that, it was Erra.

Erra was the Akkadian name for the Sumerian god Nergal, who was a son of Enki and who along with Ninurta, a son of Enlil, destroyed Sodom and Gomorrah. All the Hebrews did was change the names and put a peculiar spin on the story.

In the original story, it had nothing to do with differently twisted things, rather Nabu, a son of Markduk who was a brother of Erra/Nergal had his armies in those cities, which is why they had to be destroyed, which makes a helluva lot more sense than the stupid Hebrew version.

Nebuchadnezzar? Yeah, Nabu.

Also, like the Book of Job. The Hebrews didn't write that, they just borrowed from the Sumerians/Akkadians and made a few changes.

There are over 100 Sumerian/Akkadian loan-words in Job, most pointedly the use of El Shaddai 31 times.

But, you can't read the King Joke Vision. You have to read a Hebrew text. The liars and deceivers who wrote the King Joke Vision replaced every occurrence of El Shaddai with Yahweh to deceive you.

You know El Shaddai, right?

El Shaddai is the Akkadian name for the Sumerian god Ninurta whose principal city was Ur, where Terah was a priest for El Shaddai and Abrahm was a priest-in-training, since the position is hereditary.

When Terah leaves Ur with Abrahm and Serai (Sarah) they go to the Hurrian city of Haran which just happens to be the principal city of Ninurta, except in the Hittite and Hurrian language he was called Teshub.

Funny how that works out.

Then, the Hebrews are worshiping the Ugarit pantheon which has El Shaddai and Yahweh, so Yahweh and El Shaddai cannot be one in the same, and they aren't even related since Yahweh's grandfather is Yam and his father is Lothan.

Then you have the ignorant people claiming it was a "local flood."

Well, if the Tigris and Euphrates flooded, why would you build a monument to commemorate the "flood" 1,000 miles away in the Land of Magan, which is what the Sumerians called Egypt?

That's not making a whole lot of sense.

If the flood was on the Tigris and Euphrates, you don't go 1,000 miles away and build a sphinx, you build it right there.

According the Sumerians, the Deluge occurred in the Age of Leo, which was 12,000 years ago and comports with all of the evidence I previously mentioned.

And, why, yes, the Sumerians were completely aware of the Precession of the Equinoxes, because their texts that list the Precession always start with Pisces.

The Age of Pisces was ~27,000 years ago, then it cycles through to 12,000 years ago with the Age of Leo, and finally back to the Age of Pisces that we're in now and which started about 2,000 years ago. By the time this Age of Pisces started, the Sumerians had been dead and gone for 2,000 years. I'd peg the Age of Aquarius starting at about 2140 CE.



While the texts do not so state, it implies there was a pair of sphinxes. Sphinx were always built in pairs and always gazing at each other.


The Sphinx in Egypt originally had the face of a lion, you know, for Leo, but it was later altered into the image of pharaoh, and that is a fact.

The second sphinx gazing west might have been on the west coast of the Saudi Peninsula near the Red Sea, but I find it more likely to be on the west coast of India.

Why? Because it makes perfect sense.

The Sumerians traded with the Land of Magan (Egypt) and the land down under, which the idiot Greeks butchered and stupidly called the "underworld" and which is now being officially translated as "netherworld" which is better but not satisfactory and they traded with the people in Pakistan and India.

So, putting monuments on the boundaries of their known world commemorating the Deluge and the areas affected by it and gazing over those areas as to protect it makes perfect sense.

And, don't forget, in the Sumerian version the Hebrews copied, Enlil is walking about after the Deluge and smells a burning sacrifice and even though he realizes he was duped by Enki, he doesn't care, because he's glad humans survived and he promises Ziusurda it won't happen again, and then a rainbow appears.

The Sumerian word used by the Hebrews means "tsunami" not "flood" and the Hebrews employed that word to describe rolling water moving to and fro, just like a tsunami.

That word appears 6 times and it's correctly translated 5 times, it just that 6th time that it is incorrectly translated as "flood."

Naturally.

The men who wrote the King Joke Vision are neither godly, nor inspired by any god or in contact with any god, so they just write whatever they want (and that includes lying about where certain events took place).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-09-2019, 05:44 PM
 
Location: On the Edge of the Fringe
4,888 posts, read 3,975,734 times
Reputation: 4137
Nope No evidence at all
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Yesterday, 08:45 AM
 
Location: Missouri
484 posts, read 163,423 times
Reputation: 62
Evidence is the Book makes a bold proclamation: "In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth."

HOW? WHO? WHAT?

In the beginning, before god created the heaven and the earth, our solar system, or we existed; before God created anything: "The spirit of God, Consciousness, moved upon the face of the waters."

Notice that God does not claim to have created the waters, and God only claims to have "Separated stuff" from the waters to dry...no claim that God created the stuff to dry [Earth] from the waters. And life came from the waters.

And in this place with God, the waters, and stuff God caused an "Expansion" to begin by dividing the waters below the earth from the waters above the earth, and then separating that from the expanding many, many waters above the firmament; our ozone...and beyond.

I think the Bible gives me enough evidence to proclaim that the Bible gives plenty of evidence that Men today exist upon earth without God. Men don't know God, the Bible is solid evidence of that. We never knew God from the beginning.

We have God; and we have men as gods, blood on their hands, claiming God doesn't exist yet putting the blame on him? Who is it doing all that wickedness and is a nonstop liar? All you innocent men? Evidence is you're all guilty of doing those things, breaking every commandment that no god other than yourselves tells you to do. Who, or what made you into such liars?

Did we eat from the sweet and keep the ways of the "Blessing"? or did we eat from the bitter and run after the rewards of wars, theft, lies, greed, death, and destruction? WELCOME! The Lord God has prepared the ways of the kings for you. Look around at what is going on...you think you are innocent and God is all the woes of the world?

The Lord our God is "One"; and for good or for evil, our reward is with him. There is no other. We shall reap as we sow; the Lord God will recompense our ways upon us; no evidence at all?

The TERROR OF GOD: "That every man will receive the things he has done in his body according to that which he has done, whether it be good or bad. Knowing therefore the TERROR of GOD, we persuade men; but we are made manifest unto God, and I trust also made manifest in your consciences: It is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God." -Paul
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Yesterday, 09:22 AM
Status: "Scarface IS fiction!" (set 11 days ago)
 
Location: Germany
5,075 posts, read 942,908 times
Reputation: 716
Quote:
Originally Posted by auralmack View Post
We have God; and we have men as gods, blood on their hands, claiming God doesn't exist yet putting the blame on him?
This is weird.

We have men as gods? No, we just have men. Who is claiming or pretending to be a god?

Blood on our hands? Some men have killed, some have caused wars, what relevance this has with the existence or non-existence of god I do not know.

As for claiming gods (plural) do not exist while blaming God, this is so simple, I ask myself why we need to explain this again. Atheists do not believe in gods, but the god portrayed in the bible, IF he did exist, would be responsible (for several reason I could give).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Yesterday, 09:47 AM
 
39,112 posts, read 10,849,315 times
Reputation: 5088
Very weird. Very confused. A mix of strawman arguments and denunciations mixed with faith-claims. I find nothing of substance there. few 'blame God'. because those who believe, don't find any fault with him, and those who don't believe, think it is our responsibility anyway. Theist apologetics car - crash as soon as the red lights go out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply

Quick Reply
Message:


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top