Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-02-2019, 07:45 AM

16,596 posts, read 4,880,510 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arach Angle View Post
I say it was you harry because your post are the most dishonest here. But if you can convince your friend to own up to it, I'll say I was wrong.

why do I say your post are dishonest? for example. you last response to me.

My claim is ... there is no possible way atheism and theism do not have some of the same type of people in them.

You saying that the personality types (as assigned to people that study people) are fictional and not real.

That claim is just flat out dishonest.

lets me use your other posts.

You tell constantly tell me I am strawmanning because once we get past "some religous people are wrong." I talk about the things they claim that do line up to science and those things that do not line up with science."

You avoid that side of the conversation by telling me I am off base. You saying that is a complete and utter lie by you. You know full well that its about talking what claims line up to observations and what claims don't.
Either you have a serious problem reading what people write or you insist on misrepresenting people. Which just means it is pointless even talking to you. Either get medical help or an education.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2019, 01:39 PM

28,432 posts, read 11,483,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Diogenes View Post
Either you have a serious problem reading what people write or you insist on misrepresenting people. Which just means it is pointless even talking to you. Either get medical help or an education.
no harry. I know exactly what you do.

You keep the discussion in the stick confines of "religion is wrong"

you attack me personally when the subject gets past you. you can't think past yourself harry. This is about lining claims about god to what we know. that claims that line up with what we know are valid. those that don't are invalid.

how do we now?

its simple. claims that offer an explanation, have a mechanism, and make predictions are more valid than ones that don't.

anti-god does not have a mechanism or make predictions.

"don't say that because theist can misuse it and make atheism harder to sell" is pure slop. that central theme of yours is junk. it nothing more than a baseless dogma.

you don't offer anything but "you are wrong".

yes, its pointless for you to talk to me. You can't push the slop of anti-god on me. any more than a fundy theist can push their god slop.

Old 07-02-2019, 05:12 PM

24,624 posts, read 19,058,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shirina View Post
The universe and all the life contained within it is not some kind of jigsaw puzzle or a nested Russian doll.
Matryoshka dolls.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GldnRule View Post
You need people like me. You need people like me so you can point your finger and say, "That's the bad guy".
Actually, you do a better job of that than we.

You're our best player. If Atheism would be a football team, you'd be the starting quarterback.

Old 07-02-2019, 05:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shirina View Post
Little pieces of life - an ultimately minimalist and useless term, by the way - make larger life. At least in the sense of bacteria. But in truth, little pieces of life stay little pieces of life. What makes you think they have to "make" anything at all?

20 bacterium do not make a flea. 20 fleas do not make a fly. 20 flies do not make a bird. 20 birds do not make a grizzly bear. Get the point?

The universe and all the life contained within it is not some kind of jigsaw puzzle or a nested Russian doll.

There - as a member of the anti-god, anti-religion crowd, you received an answer. In truth, I have no desire to have to flit around from one forum to the next to the next in order to discuss this stuff, and the rules now put atheists at a severe disadvantage. So nah.

I do find it rather interesting, however, that now - since the forum rules heavily favor those of a religious bent - I can't help but notice a rather sudden and mysterious aggressiveness from the believer camp. Since the playing field is no longer level, I really don't "feel it" anymore regarding posting ... ya know?
actually the rules outlaw aligning traits of a god to the the traits of universe. so its its not theist slanted.

there isn't a desire to make it anymore than it is. Its seems to me that the anti-religious camp have as much a desire to make it nothing, or less than it is, as the my-god-only camp does it being their god thing.

no, its a little more complicated than that. make a cell bigger and bigger so that the material and information needs to be accomplished at greater distances. How would a design change accomplish that? your 10 fleas to make one fly is just so far off its not really worth addressing. Not in a forum and the fact you don't really care.

me, i don't care. I see anti-religious and Fundy theist equally as dangerous. I just record what the countries run by them do. I only need to point out to others where the 10 fleas equal one fly is as woefully short as a man rose from the dead.

Old 07-02-2019, 05:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mircea View Post
Matryoshka dolls.

You're our best player. If Atheism would be a football team, you'd be the starting quarterback.
I consider pantheist more atheist and theist myself.

they call the universe god ... I don't care so long as it has the properties we see in textbooks.

Old 07-03-2019, 04:29 AM

50,081 posts, read 20,507,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mircea View Post
Matryoshka dolls.

He is at least worth a platoon to atheism.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Moderator cut: Quoted post removed.
You seems to have developed some remarkable paranoid conspiracy theories, like i am the leader of an atheism bully -boy gang getting people banned. I wouldn't do it even if I could, and the only one with disciples here is you (and you are welcome to both).

I don't think that your immoderate claims about censorship are really valid. We can get away with a Lot here until we get a Red Warning but the problem is You, Mystic and your constant and persistent derails into you own pet Theory and trying to fiddle science to support it. No wonder you get closed down - it isn't even sound science. And you will not listen!

Raffs has observed (I didn't even need to bribe him this time) that i am quite patient, but you test mine to the limit. Mods may be blessed with less tolerance. I'm not saying this to snipe at you, but ostensibly to help you revise your posting approach to adjust to the ToS, as the rest of us do. I say 'ostensibly' as I have no hope that you will even listen, let alone change, and the real purpose is to expose the persecuted martyr act you are putting on for the hypocritical sham that it is.

Have a very nice day

Last edited by mensaguy; 07-04-2019 at 06:51 AM.. Reason: Edited

Old 07-03-2019, 04:51 AM

persecuted martyr act? you use that one all the time.

and talk about pet theory. You insistence that shunning, minimizing, and changing valid interpretations about the properties of a system so that theist can't use it and make atheism harder to sell a serous pet theory.

its real simple. Line up the properties of what they call god and compare them to what is in textbooks about the properties of the universe. If they line up ... they line up. If they don't line up ...they don't line up.

the more the properties of what they call god line up with properties n textbooks the better we off we are. Your pet theory about religion being so evil that we shouldn't do that is far less valid than being open and honest for the people that are just doing the best they can.

Old 07-03-2019, 05:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Guard View Post
What is the proof for this who do not think in terms of the physical?

Really I do not mind people believing or having a belief system that has no scientific basis.

What I do take offense to is that people will try to use their belief system to feel superior and that those who do not believe are less intelligent in some way.
I think we all feel this way. the differences is how we actually apply it.

How do we start of a line of logic? with a statement of belief about god? or an actual observation?

the only thing i add is that I feel this way no matter what the statement of belief about god is. some things religious people claim line up to the standard model and some things they say don't.

avoiding, changing, minimizing, and denying the ones that do because some people think that they have a superior statement of belief god/religion and feel atheist shouldn't question atheism because we are fighting religion is misguided, short sighted,and will cost us liberty and freedom in the end.

Old 07-04-2019, 07:59 AM

16,596 posts, read 4,880,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arach Angle View Post
no harry. ....
You do not get to misrepresent what I actually said and then call me a liar. The penalty for your hypocrisy is we now play the game "answering questions Arach has avoided answering".

Not only the questions we have asked you (such as your education level), but also the questions you ask when pretending the answers supports your crackpot theories when they actually refute them. Do not avoid the questions again (a trait of fundamentalism), and if they are scientific, please feel free to answer them in the science section. It will be good to see you there after you have avoided it for the last three years.

Do not respond to this post other than to say you understand, because you have already side tracked this topic, as you do every other topic.

Old 07-04-2019, 08:17 AM

21,020 posts, read 19,225,633 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shivers View Post
Not one thing. I see comments like who made man then? Let's say that is evidence even though there is real evidence for evolution, It does not by any stretch prove which god. Muslim? Hindu? Jewish? Zoroaster? Zeus? There is absolutely not one iota of proof or evidence that the biblical god exists or is real. NOT ONE BIT. In fact there are mountains of proof that the bible is out and out wrong in several of its myths.
The flood is proven to have never happened on a world scale.

The bible is full of crazy crap like its against the gods law to eat shell fish, slaves be obedient to your masters, Rape in some cases is OK, Jephthah sacrificing his daughter to god for helping him win a battle is AOK. The bible like most religious books were written by goat herders who had little to no knowledge of how the world actually worked.
Just another perspective on that flood...
it happened 'in their known world' or area...doesn't mean, to me, some kind of flood didn't happen, just not the entire planet.

There will never be proof of God or an inspired Bible.
Proof is a direct encounter with this Superior Being...
for the individual, only...ha, maybe his close friends that see a transformation.

Oh, shell fish are bottom feeders and fish with no scales weakened them, too (us)...
it was a protection for their health.
Pork classically weakens us...it's the most acidic causing meat out there.
I overheard at a cafe a young person talking about how bad he felt after pork.

There are so many valid, in your face, ridiculous things in there and contradictions, but not everything.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality