Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-20-2017, 11:46 PM

4,747 posts, read 2,338,383 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jobster View Post
I understand that it's easy to reject the words of Christ because it almost impossible to make it into Heaven. This is particularly true for those that are wealthy and powerful.

Atheism means there is ultimately no personal responsibility. It means there are no consequences for how you lived your life on earth. It means there is no justice.

You see, governments turn on people. They've done it all throughout history. How many times have genocides occurred? How many times have we gone to war?

Christs tells us to love our enemies. If all adhered to the words of Christ, there would be no wars, no anger, no hostility, but only peace and harmony.

However, the flaw in Christianity is that it is only as strong as it's weakest link, which is why it will always be doomed to failure.

So, perhaps soon, after a liquidity crisis causes banks to consolidate, the power structure will be more concentrated. We can only assume that there is an increasing probability that those in power will be less likely to believe in the Christian God and the consequences that come with it. It's easy that way.

So what happens when automation makes 99% of jobs obsolete? Do you believe that the government will provide for its people? Why would it do this? Why would people be altruistic? Why should they be?

Remember, there are no consequences. There is no fundamental justice. Maybe justice is decreasing the population. What a terrible existence and you are all unwittingly contributing to your own demise.

No accountability. What a terrible world that lies ahead.

But to be an atheist, is freedom. No consequences. No justice.
It is impossible to "reject the words of Christ" because Jesus left nothing written in his own hand. All we have to go on are the words placed in Jesus' mouth by anonymous individuals decades after Jesus was supposed to have been executed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2017, 12:01 AM

11,761 posts, read 7,231,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by littlewitness View Post
Since I learned to read, I've been studying to show myself approved unto God.
I am pretty certain you did not just pick this up on your own...I am certain whoever raised you put that book in front of you to read.
Quote:
Does this make me blameless? Hell no...I'm guilty like everyone else.
Guilty like everyone else with respect to what?
Quote:
Nevertheless, I am not ashamed of the Gospel of Christ who always by the instrumentality of the Holy Spirit rightly divides the Word of Truth in me.
I would have to disagree with this and say that you really don't know the truth and have been mislead ever since you were indoctrinated.
Quote:
"Non-existent" cannot precede God, neither can it come after. God is.
It has always preceded all man created non-existent gods. LOL

Old 05-21-2017, 12:57 AM

1,220 posts, read 984,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matadora View Post
I am pretty certain you did not just pick this up on your own...I am certain whoever raised you put that book in front of you to read.
Guilty like everyone else with respect to what?
I would have to disagree with this and say that you really don't know the truth and have been mislead ever since you were indoctrinated.
It has always preceded all man created non-existent gods. LOL
Are you accusing my parents of parenting me? How dare you state the obvious! Thanks mom for proclaiming to me the good news of Christ Resurrection, then teaching me to read all about it!
..."respect to what?" It's your choice to allow God to have mercy upon you...or not. You don't "have to disagree"...no one is forcing your hand except what you allow.
God laughs first and last.

Old 05-21-2017, 01:07 AM

50,083 posts, read 20,582,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by agnostic soldier View Post
You stand on the shoulders of those that came before you. The world of today was created by those who came before us and the world of tomorrow will be created by those who live today. What you're assuming is that you simply vanish without a trace after you die. This is completely untrue, however. The actions you take in life will impact this world long after you are dead and buried. Being an atheist doesn't mean you have no personal accountability or face no consequences for your actions. Only a selfish narcissist would need the fear of eternal hell to act morally upright. Your actions have tangible long lasting consequences in this world and the people that fail to see that are the ones that believe they have no personal accountability.
Very good. I sometimes struggle for a way of saying that it isn't just about the individual.

Quote:
You are actually...unprepared! Arrogant Angle seems more appropriate. Like others, you seem to derive a sick pleasure in ascribing Almighty Authority to the universe...not to The Creator of the universe. The Creator (Yes! He Is Real!) chose Israel. Denial is not your only weapon of choice. You were wrong not to let go of the enemies arsenal. You know, it's much easier to believe now than later ...

"Take heed, brethren, lest there be in any of you an evil heart of unbelief, in departing from the living God." Hebrews 3:12 KJV
Why should we? The above post of agnostic soldier's put it very well - it is better that we live as though this life is the only one we get - and those that come after. If there's another one to come, well and good, but what's the point of worrying about it, or regarding this one as not worth bothering with in the hopes that the next one will be a lot better? Why?

Old 05-21-2017, 01:11 AM

11,761 posts, read 7,231,599 times
Quote:
Are you accusing my parents of parenting me?
Parenting is one thing...indoctrinating a child is another and is mind control abuse IMO.
Quote:
..."respect to what?" It's your choice to allow God to have mercy upon you...or not.
No actually its my choice to not believe in this silly nonsense that you tout.
Quote:
God laughs first and last.
How can a non-existent god even laugh? I see your mind has been deeply indoctrinated.

Old 05-21-2017, 01:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petunia 100 View Post
What is a literal atheist?
It's quite hard to explain It is a term of abuse commonly levelled at the extreme religious (Fundy, dogmatic, arrogant, extremist) and is aimed at Real atheists by Arach and people like him (1) who don't believe in a god and/or a religion, but rather wish they did, and who have a poisonous dislike of those atheists who have no such hankering. So, they find various ways of attacking them. Because of course they cannot battle us on god -claim and religious grounds (since we agree), so the not uncommon way is to accuse us of having Faith, being a religion (2) and extremist dogma of atheism. The 'Literalist' accusation is just another kneejerk unthinking bit of abuse by someone who Claims to be atheist, but frankly I wish he'd just call himself agnostic, as I'd be embarrassed to have him on the team.

Not because he's stupid - he isn't; few of them really are, but his God -hankering is screwing his head up, and he's the only one who can't see it.

(1) I suspect they are God-fancers (TM)

(2) and 'supporting' this by "Finding" "Evidence" out of their own twisted thinking,like every time we have a conference, it's a "Church". or everyone who publishes a book or a talk become a Priest of atheism. Arach was the same with his ticking off his duck -hunt list with Evidence plucked from his own ass. It bewildered me. But pretty soon I began to think we had a 5th columnist in our midst.

The problem it seems is not religious but a detestation of Liberal politics. This normally makes one religious and often fundamentalist, but Arach, as I say, can't buy religion or the god -claim but is desperately trying to.

He will of course, deny it, but I think I have him sussed by now, whereas me he understands not at all -and doesn't want to.

How very...Theist.

Last edited by TRANSPONDER; 05-21-2017 at 01:43 AM..

Old 05-21-2017, 01:33 AM

Quote:
Parenting is one thing...indoctrinating a child is another and is mind control abuse IMO.
How can a non-existent god even laugh? I see your mind has been deeply indoctrinated.
Did you see that?
"Originally Posted by littlewitness Are you accusing my parents of parenting me?"
That has to be a nomimation for Clumsiest attempt at a strawman argument of the century.

Old 05-21-2017, 05:12 AM

5,912 posts, read 2,591,198 times
Quote:

Gotta love the power of mind control. You people are a sick bunch.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=juNMQz07OYE

Old 05-21-2017, 05:59 AM

28,432 posts, read 11,521,721 times
Quote:
The "indoctrination" part would be where the opinion part comes into play. Your label for childs abuse would, kind of, well, not child abuse. Besides, religious "indoctrination' labeled abuse would be least type of child abuse I know. It would be like "he indoctrinates his child to "be nice" can you believe that!". with your standards we would have many "crazy normal" activity as abuse.

the number one abusers are family and friends of the child. Claiming religion is the cause is false. so now we are teaching false atheist doctrine.

Old 05-21-2017, 07:43 AM

Will you take O matiedora, or shall I?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality