Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-01-2017, 10:31 AM

21,020 posts, read 19,360,745 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tired of the Nonsense View Post
Scientific inquiry into the nature of quantum mechanics has led
to TV's and smart phones and personal computers, and the like.
So which seems to have a better track record for being true, make it up and declare it to be true, or scientific inquiry?
I love science.
I love it's discoveries.
I do not like made up stories, especially told to children causing fear in people...believing
metaphors as fact for example.
Made up stories - bad
Science - good.
Direct experience - even better.

And science is getting there in it's search for what is behind everything.
That Hadron Collider, Higgs boson or the God particle, quarks...it's exciting to watch it unfold.
I do believe people do not realize what can be experienced within themselves, no atom accelerators!

But, hey, I understand it's work to sit and go within...('Be still and know that I am God', really is
a profound instruction not taken by the masses, ha!)
I've been doing it for over 40 years for hours and hours and hours and hours
and hours and hours at a sitting.
Try sitting in silence, undisturbed for just 15 minutes...it's effort, but well worth it.
The journey within is where the answers are as to why 'anything'....go science, tho, yay!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2017, 10:57 AM

9,588 posts, read 5,038,804 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
I love science.
I love it's discoveries.
I do not like made up stories, especially told to children causing fear in people...believing
Made up stories - bad
Science - good.

That Hadron Collider, Higgs boson or the God particle, quarks...it's exciting to watch it unfold.
I do believe people do not realize what can be experienced within themselves, no atom accelerators!

But, hey, I understand it's work to sit and go within...('Be still and know that I am God', really is
Try sitting in silence, undisturbed for just 15 minutes...it's effort, but well worth it.
The journey within is where the answers are as to why 'anything'....go science, tho, yay!

Old 06-01-2017, 11:00 AM

4,747 posts, read 2,346,656 times
Quote:
I love science.
I love it's discoveries.
Made up stories - bad
Science - good.

There are numerous ways of achieving this sense of blissful peace that people seem to have a taste for.
Consider the Sufi's, for example.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nd41...2iO9g-_CTSvdkS...

Narrator: "The path to true ecstasy begins by earnestly seeking ecstasy, which requires the rebuking of one's ego. Attaining that ecstasy requires drowning of the ego. Without doubt, true ecstasy is a blessed elusive state. It is indeed closeness to God." "Although it is a fascinating state, those who give themselves to it entirely become unbalanced, for too much of anything can be self-destructive." "Yet in time the aspirant realizes that this wonderful ecstasy is ultimately a form of intoxication." Understanding this is the key to the whole experience of being "touched by God."

Here is another example.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JzHozBXQ5RQ

Old 06-01-2017, 11:03 AM

Quote:
There are numerous ways of achieving this sense of blissful peace that people seem to have a taste for.
Consider the Sufi's, for example.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nd41...2iO9g-_CTSvdkS...

Narrator: "The path to true ecstasy begins by earnestly seeking ecstasy, which requires the rebuking of one's ego. Attaining that ecstasy requires drowning of the ego. Without doubt, true ecstasy is a blessed elusive state. It is indeed closeness to God." "Although it is a fascinating state, those who give themselves to it entirely become unbalanced, for too much of anything can be self-destructive." "Yet in time the aspirant realizes that this wonderful ecstasy is ultimately a form of intoxication." Understanding this is the key to the whole experience of being "touched by God."

Here is another example.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JzHozBXQ5RQ

I just watched a Sufi "whirling dervish" video last night. Amazing to me how they can still stand up after doing that so long at a time. And, how they keep their "skirts" up. Peace

Old 06-01-2017, 11:52 AM

4,747 posts, read 2,346,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbbi1
I just watched a Sufi "whirling dervish" video last night. Amazing to me how they can still stand up after doing that so long at a time. And, how they keep their "skirts" up. Peace
Continuously spinning like that can cause a state of dizziness so profound that the person eventually passes out. And that is when the wonderful dreams occur. Asphyxiation can cause the same effect. Pilots in high G turns often pass out and experience out of body dreams. Some people use auto-erotic asphyxiation to heighten the pleasure of sex. And sometimes they die in the process. Because Darwinism is constantly working to eliminate stupid from the gene pool.

Old 06-01-2017, 02:48 PM

Quote:
Continuously spinning like that can cause a state of dizziness so profound that the person eventually passes out. And that is when the wonderful dreams occur. Asphyxiation can cause the same effect. Pilots in high G turns often pass out and experience out of body dreams. Some people use auto-erotic asphyxiation to heighten the pleasure of sex. And sometimes they die in the process. Because Darwinism is constantly working to eliminate stupid from the gene pool.

Roflol....

Old 06-01-2017, 05:31 PM

Btw, you brought up ecstasy, I didn't, Tired.
The direct experience I was referring to was Being still, going within...and having a profound insight as to what this Creation is for or all about...why does it exist....
But, ecstasy is good to talk about, too.

Old 06-05-2017, 01:37 PM

18,489 posts, read 9,149,606 times
Quote:
Btw, you brought up ecstasy, I didn't, Tired.
The direct experience I was referring to was Being still, going within...and having a profound insight as to what this Creation is for or all about...why does it exist....
But, [IBecstasy[/b] is good to talk about, too.
I sometimes wonder if you are ON...never mind.

Maybe I'm just jealous.

Old 06-05-2017, 02:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak80 View Post
I sometimes wonder if you are ON...never mind.
Maybe I'm just jealous.
You say this all the time ...you should want what I experience...I'm higher and happier
than anyone I know ...and
those I know tell me the same thing! Why? Because I know the secret of the the whole enchilada!
But most important, I practice it!

Old 06-05-2017, 02:32 PM

I was invited once to do that whirling dance with Sufis...I was amazed I actually got high...nothing
about dizziness or laughing or smiling or hyperventilating...I just got into another
brain wave, probably Alpha. I really was shocked, as in, how could this happen?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality