Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-21-2017, 10:41 AM

15,860 posts, read 6,325,302 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
Assuming an outside source, Yes, we should come to the same conclusion. Assuming that there are other outside sources OR that the "listener" colors the message with personal bias, no. That's why a more objective standard is desirable. Heck, that's true even if it is "humanity" that is the source.
That seems like the most agreeable explanation. It looks to me adding an outside agent is a huge rush to explain something that's already explainable. It looks like an attempt to sneak in a unrelated hypothesis.

Last edited by L8Gr8Apost8; 08-21-2017 at 10:43 AM.. Reason: messed up sentence

Old 08-21-2017, 10:53 AM

611 posts, read 281,182 times
Quote:
Just to jump in where not invited, the difference is in internal consistency and viable basis. If the conclusion is not consistent with processes that make for amenable social intercourse, I'd suggest that they should be dropped. The nature of the "guide" is the determinant and if that can't be demonstrated to be constructive the wrong guide is being followed.
--IMO--

Actually, it seems to me Rbbi bases her conclusions upon a bountiful faith and tries to make the truth fit.
And Mystic seems to base his conclusions upon a bounty of truth and searches out the words for knowledge before he searches for any support found in any faith or in any belief.

Rbbi, faith - comes first and leads to what she believes. A faith based in belief...perhaps to much faith?
Mystic, truth - comes first and leads to what he believes. A faith based in truth...never to much truth?

--just my uninformed speculatively misdiagnoses tossing off guesswork approach--

I know nothing. Nothing. Blank. Now watch me disappear.

The Eclipse is getting near...I'm gone to observe.

Old 08-21-2017, 04:35 PM

9,588 posts, read 5,044,653 times
Quote:
Just to jump in where not invited, the difference is in internal consistency and viable basis. If the conclusion is not consistent with processes that make for amenable social intercourse, I'd suggest that they should be dropped. The nature of the "guide" is the determinant and if that can't be demonstrated to be constructive the wrong guide is being followed.

That's a fancy way to insult MY experience and claim it wasn't legit, for any of you that don't read "humanistese". Carry on...Peace

Old 08-21-2017, 04:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by L8Gr8Apost8 View Post
That seems like the most agreeable explanation. It looks to me adding an outside agent is a huge rush to explain something that's already explainable. It looks like an attempt to sneak in a unrelated hypothesis.

Except for the fact, that as an agnostic, I HAD NO OUTSIDE BIAS. Carry on.... Peace

Old 08-21-2017, 05:24 PM

17,071 posts, read 10,920,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbbi1 View Post
That's a fancy way to insult MY experience and claim it wasn't legit, for any of you that don't read "humanistese". Carry on...Peace
If the shoe fits..... You have not been able to give anything but your feelings for justification and that is easily counterfeited by lying spirits. Until you can, your experience is suspect at best.

Old 08-21-2017, 05:38 PM

Quote:
If the shoe fits..... You have not been able to give anything but your feelings for justification and that is easily counterfeited by lying spirits. Until you can, your experience is suspect at best.

If, you mean I refuse to regurgitate the same 6 scriptures to be part of your "community", then yes, the shoe definitely fits.

The only lying spirits I see are the ones who continually bash the scriptures because they like their own doctrine of cherry picked ones, plus the occasional New Age, philosophical or Eastern mysticism pondering thrown into the pot to give it a certain "flavor". Fortunately, for many of us on here there is nothing wrong with our discerning of spirits gift of the Spirit, and if we drink any deadly (death producing) thing anywhere (like on a communal discussion board for instance), it will not....hack, hack....hurt us. Peace

Old 08-21-2017, 05:41 PM

28,432 posts, read 11,580,220 times
Quote:
Except for the fact, that as an agnostic, I HAD NO OUTSIDE BIAS. Carry on.... Peace
oh yes you did. we all do.

Old 08-21-2017, 05:44 PM

17,071 posts, read 10,920,829 times
Quote:
If, you mean I refuse to regurgitate the same 6 scriptures to be part of your "community", then yes, the shoe definitely fits. .....
You refuse to "regurgitate" the descriptions of the nature of the Spirit because you know yours does not match it.

Old 08-21-2017, 06:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arach Angle View Post
oh yes you did. we all do.
I see. So as an agnostic, raised by secular Jewish agnostic parents, I had an outside bias that led me to receive Him. Right. Peace

Old 08-21-2017, 06:42 PM

Quote:
You refuse to "regurgitate" the descriptions of the nature of the Spirit because you know yours does not match it.

Tell me Nate....are you aware that in the construction of the golden candlestick that there are 3 groups of 3 of bud, bloom, fruit (making 9) on each branch? Peace
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality