Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-24-2017, 12:34 AM

9,588 posts, read 5,039,577 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
So, no objective standard.

The WRITTEN WORD is the objective standard. Peace

Old 05-24-2017, 12:47 AM

50,087 posts, read 20,691,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbbi1 View Post
Even if it's demonstrably false, fabricated and unreliable?

Old 05-24-2017, 02:04 AM

63,779 posts, read 40,038,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRANSPONDER View Post
Even if it's demonstrably false, fabricated and unreliable?
Those who place their faith in the Bible instead of Christ will never acknowledge any fabrications, falsity or unreliability, Arq. They do not try to look for the actual message of Christ in totality as evidenced by His life and His attitude to those who scourged and crucified Him. They prefer the ancient beliefs in an angry and wrathful God who required blood sacrifices to appease Him. Christ said when you see me you see the Father, but the Bible followers apparently do not believe the unambiguous example of Christ. They follow the ancient traditions and beliefs about God. It is sad to so completely misunderstand God.

Old 05-24-2017, 05:40 AM

17,071 posts, read 10,912,231 times
Quote:
The problem is that it is not clear and there are contradictions in presentation and the WHOLE thing is subject to interpretation, usualy biased from pre-conceiveds ideas. What is needed is a simple, unequivocal standard, but you won't go there because it takes away from your view of yourself as interpreter of that "WRITTEN WORD."

Your "WRITTEN WORD" is and should be subject to the nature of the Spirit that is supposed to have inspired it, but you won't look at that either.

Old 05-24-2017, 08:38 AM

50,087 posts, read 20,691,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Those who place their faith in the Bible instead of Christ will never acknowledge any fabrications, falsity or unreliability, Arq. They do not try to look for the actual message of Christ in totality as evidenced by His life and His attitude to those who scourged and crucified Him. They prefer the ancient beliefs in an angry and wrathful God who required blood sacrifices to appease Him. Christ said when you see me you see the Father, but the Bible followers apparently do not believe the unambiguous example of Christ. They follow the ancient traditions and beliefs about God. It is sad to so completely misunderstand God.
I know. I am always thinking of the browser, the lurker and the infrequent poster who looks in at such a such a claim that the Written Word (of the Abrahamic scriptures - whichever one you believe in) is the only valid evidence - above everything else) and may wonder what's the skeptic counter.

Otherwise, I'd be leaving this thread to you, old mate, and to your many detractors.

It's all good rather than frustrating because sooner or later, I'm going o be able to show stuff that's undeniably wrong in the Bible to any other than those that are really not interested in evidence.

Did you catch the remark by Jefffbase40 after I'd filleted he Bible from cover to cover? He picked on ONE false prophecy (Tyre) and snapped back 'That's all you got!". What merriment must have ensued amongst our dear readers who blast them still aren't getting my daily hits above 9,000.

Old 05-24-2017, 05:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
The problem is that it is not clear and there are contradictions in presentation and the WHOLE thing is subject to interpretation, usually biased from pre-conceived ideas. What is needed is a simple, unequivocal standard, but you won't go there because it takes away from your view of yourself as interpreter of that "WRITTEN WORD."
Your "WRITTEN WORD" is and should be subject to the nature of the Spirit that is supposed to have inspired it, but you won't look at that either.
Amen, nate. Jesus described in detail and exemplified the Spirit that should be used to validate everything that is claimed about God and His motives. Why anyone would prefer the contradictory and inconsistent things written in the Bible without testing their spirit against the Holy Spirit revealed by Jesus is beyond me.

Old 05-24-2017, 05:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRANSPONDER View Post
I know. I am always thinking of the browser, the lurker and the infrequent poster who looks in at such a such a claim that the Written Word (of the Abrahamic scriptures - whichever one you believe in) is the only valid evidence - above everything else) and may wonder what's the skeptic counter.

Otherwise, I'd be leaving this thread to you, old mate, and to your many detractors.

It's all good rather than frustrating because sooner or later, I'm going o be able to show stuff that's undeniably wrong in the Bible to any other than those that are really not interested in evidence.

Did you catch the remark by Jefffbase40 after I'd filleted he Bible from cover to cover? He picked on ONE false prophecy (Tyre) and snapped back 'That's all you got!". What merriment must have ensued amongst our dear readers who blast them still aren't getting my daily hits above 9,000.
I understand and your Bible scholarship is excellent. Unfortunately, Bible scholarship is of no interest to those who treat the Bible as an Idol pretending it is as infallible as God. There is no reasoning with unreasoning credulity and magical thinking.

Old 05-25-2017, 01:19 PM

Consider this a "shot gun" approach at answering ALL of the posters at once here.....as I said before the SPIRIT is the interpreter, and there is no fear in being misled in that, because men could not hide what they could not see, that being the principles hidden in plain sight, which run from Genesis to Revelation like an unbroken red thread. This is why it says the scripture is not of any private interpretation; that means that I don't get to interpret it, you don't get to interpret it, Harry down the street doesn't get to interpret it, a denomination of yours doesn't get to interpret it, because the SPIRIT is the ONLY interpreter and teacher of what it all means.

These principles could not be distorted by clerical errors, intentional gaffes, or the mistranslations of men, BECAUSE the Tabernacle pattern, the pattern of the HEAVENLY or spiritual things, bear the principles WITNESS, and because they thought it nothing, no attempt was made to alter or Hellenize IT. These principles also reconcile any perceived contradictions, which are only contradictions due to a lack of understanding of these principles.

We are told the Spirit is the teacher and interpreter, yet you ignore that in favor of cherry picking a few of your favorite scriptures and trying to stand on them alone and without witness. Sort of like if Noah built the ark and left out every third board. It would fairly resemble an ark, but the all important testing of it in the waters of destruction to the flesh, would insure it would sink like a stone, not walk on the water. Peace

Last edited by Rbbi1; 05-25-2017 at 01:37 PM..

Old 05-25-2017, 01:41 PM

Quote:
Consider this a "shot gun" approach at answering ALL of the posters at once here.....as I said before the SPIRIT is the interpreter, and there is no fear in being misled in that, because men could not hide what they could not see, that being the principles hidden in plain sight, which run from Genesis to Revelation like an unbroken red thread. This is why it says the scripture is not of any private interpretation; that means that I don't get to interpret it, you don't get to interpret, Harry down the street doesn't get to interpret it, a denomination of yours doesn't get to interpret it, because the SPIRIT is the ONLY interpreter and teacher of what it all means.

These principles could not be distorted by clerical errors, intentional gaffes, or the mistranslations of men, BECAUSE the Tabernacle pattern, the pattern of the HEAVENLY or spiritual things, bear the principles WITNESS, and because they thought it nothing, no attempt was made to alter or Hellenize IT. These principles also reconcile any perceived contradictions, which are only contradictions due to a lack of understanding of these principles.

We are told the Spirit is the teach and interpreter, yet you ignore that in favor of cherry picking a few of your favorite scriptures and trying to stand on them alone and without witness. Sort of like if Noah built the ark and left out every third board. It would fairly resemble an ark, but the all important testing of it in the waters of destruction to the flesh, would insure it would sink like a stone, not walk on the water. Peace
The Spirit IS the interpreter and Jesus described the Spirit in detail and then demonstrated it with His body and life. The Bible tells us to expect Jesus so that we would recognize Him, know His status, and validate His impact on humanity by His example. He revealed the Spirit, the true nature of God, to us unambiguously so we could test the spirit of anything claimed to be from God. Nothing inconsistent or incompatible with the Spirit revealed and demonstrated by Jesus can be from God. That is what no private interpretation means. The Spirit is the undeniable, unchanging, consistent, and absolute standard of truth as revealed by Jesus. When excuses are used to rationalize inconsistencies or contradictions in the Bible, like God's ways are not our ways or God is mysterious, or we are not supposed to know despite the fact that God is NOT the author of confusion, THAT is private interpretation.

Old 05-25-2017, 02:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
The Spirit IS the interpreter and Jesus described the Spirit in detail and then demonstrated it with His body and life. The Bible tells us to expect Jesus so that we would recognize Him, know His status, and validate His impact on humanity by His example. He revealed the Spirit, the true nature of God, to us unambiguously so we could test the spirit of anything claimed to be from God. Nothing inconsistent or incompatible with the Spirit revealed and demonstrated by Jesus can be from God. That is what no private interpretation means. The Spirit is the undeniable, unchanging, consistent, and absolute standard of truth as revealed by Jesus. When excuses are used to rationalize inconsistencies or contradictions in the Bible, like God's ways are not our ways or God is mysterious, or we are not supposed to know despite the fact that God is NOT the author of confusion, THAT is private interpretation.

And what you're trying to do is interpret it with YOUR IDEA of how the fruit functions, which is really eating from the "good" part of the tree of good and evil. Which is why the cross looks evil to you ONLY, yet He says it's foolishness to them that perish, and He spoiled principalities and powers with it, who ALSO didn't know what it was for, else they would not have crucified Him.

Since the Spirit is not divided, then what side does that put you on? Seems to me you align yourself with the principalities and powers, and call that "good". Which underscores my point that you think you can interpret by YOUR MIND'S understanding of what the fruit is, what LOOKS good. Well, guess what; you're doing EXACTLY what Eve did in the garden, and they STILL DIED from it. Peace
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality