Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-19-2017, 09:49 PM

63,494 posts, read 39,783,865 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mstelm View Post
well and good, Scripture also instructs us not to chase bloodlines, vain teachings, etc etc, [don't have the quote on hand]... because its a fruitless distraction.

so its starting to sound like your pursuit is hobby level and it is pleasing to you. Rock on.

what they were doing was always wrong, not after this change or that, serving money in G-d's name is always wrong
Perhaps you were thinking of these verses:

1 Timothy 1:4
Neither give heed to fables and endless genealogies, which minister questions, rather than godly edifying which is in faith: so do.

1 Timothy 4:7
But refuse profane and old wives' fables, and exercise thyself rather unto godliness.

2 Timothy 4:4
And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables.

Titus 1:14
Not giving heed to Jewish fables, and commandments of men, that turn from the truth.

2 Peter 1:16
For we have not followed cunningly devised fables, when we made known unto you the power and coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, but were eyewitnesses of his majesty.

Old 11-19-2017, 10:17 PM

691 posts, read 416,789 times
Thank you mysticphd.

And hanni, thinking about you said I'm failing to see a need to reply to what you just said. The money changers may have found a way to manipulate their actions in order to be "quote" lawful "unquote" and you are arguing that they did no wrong?

Have we not been told that the law was not given for our righteousness?

Old 11-19-2017, 10:19 PM

Wish I could rep you mysticphd, I get the spread it around error

Old 11-23-2017, 08:14 PM

63,494 posts, read 39,783,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
No, it is NOT contradictory, it is part and parcel of the concern for everyone in any situation. The convenience of a particular group is subject to the safety of the whole. I grant that there may be a fair amount of work involved in taking it all into consideration because of conflicting needs and desires, but the concern does not change.
This is why some people and actions need to be dealt with in a way they don't like, but may both wake the person(s) involved up to what is wrong with their behavior AND let the people observing know that some behavior will not just get by.
What REALLY tickles me is the people who are constantly saying that love is not "namby pamby" get all upset when they are not treated in a "namby pamby" manner (see posts above by Rbbi1 and n..xcuipa}

Old 11-24-2017, 04:28 AM

22,940 posts, read 10,300,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mstelm View Post
Thank you mysticphd.

And hanni, thinking about you said I'm failing to see a need to reply to what you just said. The money changers may have found a way to manipulate their actions in order to be "quote" lawful "unquote" and you are arguing that they did no wrong?

Have we not been told that the law was not given for our righteousness?
What they were doing was always done, people came from all countries to attend a family reunion and they needed. to buy a lamb and so a market was set up. What I am telling you, is that the responsibilty for who supplies the lamb was changed. It was now that the Prince would supply the lamb, and people would pay the temple tax instead of there being a big market to sell sacrifices. What they were doing was wrong, they had made money a big issue when it should not have been a big issue.

Not only had the savrifices been changed by Ezekiel, Ezekiel moved all the sacrifices to Nosan 14, and Tishri 15th. Jesus was all the sacrifices in Nisan 14, and this same event is prophesied to happen again on Tishri 15. Those people were complying to what God had ordained, there was nothing wrong with what God had ordained, it was just carried out wrong. Jesus complied with what God had ordained, he continued keeping the laws and confirming Judaism and so did the disciples. None of them stopped sacrificing, and sacrificing continued until the temlle was destroyed in 70 a.d. Jesus hadn't come to do away with sacrificing, after Jesus, they sacrificed all the more except that when they did, they did it in great joy. Paul never stopped sacrificing, Jesus followed all the sacrifices and offered his own sacrifices when he complied with the law on each holy day.

Old 11-24-2017, 05:02 AM

9,588 posts, read 5,010,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
What they were doing was always done, people came from all countries to attend a family reunion and they needed. to buy a lamb and so a market was set up. What I am telling you, is that the responsibilty for who supplies the lamb was changed. It was now that the Prince would supply the lamb, and people would pay the temple tax instead of there being a big market to sell sacrifices. What they were doing was wrong, they had made money a big issue when it should not have been a big issue.

Not only had the savrifices been changed by Ezekiel, Ezekiel moved all the sacrifices to Nosan 14, and Tishri 15th. Jesus was all the sacrifices in Nisan 14, and this same event is prophesied to happen again on Tishri 15. Those people were complying to what God had ordained, there was nothing wrong with what God had ordained, it was just carried out wrong. Jesus complied with what God had ordained, he continued keeping the laws and confirming Judaism and so did the disciples. None of them stopped sacrificing, and sacrificing continued until the temlle was destroyed in 70 a.d. Jesus hadn't come to do away with sacrificing, after Jesus, they sacrificed all the more except that when they did, they did it in great joy. Paul never stopped sacrificing, Jesus followed all the sacrifices and offered his own sacrifices when he complied with the law on each holy day.

Old 11-24-2017, 02:01 PM

Quote:

wasn't the issue really of -where- the sacrifices were being peddled?

Its likened to G-d told them a certain kind of sacrifice, so old, unblemished.... pure.

then the people where tempted to by the generic brand product by the wicked.

Old 11-25-2017, 11:11 AM

611 posts, read 279,428 times
Quote:
Why you even talking about me?

This is what you call a back handed compliment.

Let us put things in perspective.

Hannibal loves the God of Israel, Hannibal loves the word of God and his commandments. Hannibal loves Jesus and believes what Jesus says, and tries to walk as Jesus walks. Hannibal loves the 7 feasts of Christ and learns the missions of Christ to teach about his sacrifices for Passover and all God's appointed Holy days

Nate on the other hand with his friends will try and bring the God of Israel down so low, that it cancels out any son this evil God would have had, but they don't believe the words of the son anyway. Nate doesn't believe in loving anything called of God or that is worshipped of God as the lawless one, he has chosen his pagan ways that fight against Jerusalem and the followers of Christ, and his sole mission is to bring down the word of God.

You think I am wrong lol?

I stand lawful in Jerusalem and you stand lawless with your Messiah in Babylon. You fight against the God of the bible, I stand and defend the God of the bible all day.

Do I look emotional?

I wouldn't take offense because an Atheist fights against God, I expect it. But all the Atheist, and all the people in other religions never do so much harm as Christians teaching false doctrines against the Messiah of Jerusalem, against the God of Israel. We expect all the attacks from the outside, it is the attacks from within that perverts the religion of Christ. When you are teaching a pagan, lawless Christ who came attacking his father like a false prophet?

What we do is very clear cut, I speak up and defend God and his son from you. You would tear down the father as fast as you could, and you actually seem proud of it.

I think the sacrifice of Nate and Mystic and their God would be "Long suffering," or something of that nature. How often and what kind of bloody slaughterhouse sacrifices are you still offering today? And you want to teach us about Jesus and his bloody sacrifices and just justify all that OT bloodshed away as the deeds of your God?

Haven't you heard what God said about your ways? Your inheritance? "But my people would not hearken to my voice; and Israel would none of me. So I gave them up unto their own hearts' lust: and they walk in their own counsels. Oh that my people had hearkened unto me, and Israel had walked in my ways!" ---If Israel had walked in God's ways! IF Israel had...IF ONLY...IF! No, you don't understand.

If man had walked in God's ways, Abel would have never killed a lamb: "And God said: Behold, I have given you every green herb bearing seed which is upon the face of all the earth, and every tree in which is a fruit of the tree yielding seed; to you it shall be for food."

What is very clear is that you are steep in the religions and traditions of men and their commentaries more than the voice of God or his Christ...or that Lamb slain from the foundation of the world.

"When you are teaching a pagan, lawless Christ who came attacking his father like a false prophet?" --and you sound like the Pharisees. Full of false accusations.

Old 11-25-2017, 12:32 PM

9,588 posts, read 5,010,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by auralmack View Post
If man had walked in God's ways, Abel would have never killed a lamb: "And God said: Behold, I have given you every green herb bearing seed which is upon the face of all the earth, and every tree in which is a fruit of the tree yielding seed; to you it shall be for food."

And you arrived at this conjecture how exactly, considering Cain was the one with the wrong offering? Peace

Old 11-25-2017, 12:52 PM

22,940 posts, read 10,300,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by auralmack View Post
I think the sacrifice of Nate and Mystic and their God would be "Long suffering," or something of that nature. How often and what kind of bloody slaughterhouse sacrifices are you still offering today? And you want to teach us about Jesus and his bloody sacrifices and just justify all that OT bloodshed away as the deeds of your God?

Haven't you heard what God said about your ways? Your inheritance? "But my people would not hearken to my voice; and Israel would none of me. So I gave them up unto their own hearts' lust: and they walk in their own counsels. Oh that my people had hearkened unto me, and Israel had walked in my ways!" ---If Israel had walked in God's ways! IF Israel had...IF ONLY...IF! No, you don't understand.

What is very clear is that you are steep in the religions and traditions of men and their commentaries more than the voice of God or his Christ...or that Lamb slain from the foundation of the world.

"When you are teaching a pagan, lawless Christ who came attacking his father like a false prophet?" --and you sound like the Pharisees. Full of false accusations.
Yeah, I suppose it cannot be helped when you don't have knowledge of the history of Israel, but it is ironic that you would try and peddle a great scripture of the law that IS CONVICTING YOU , the scripture is saying that they wouldn't listen to the voice of the law, and do you know that their sin is the rejection of Jerusalem, and tnat they called the Torah a strange thing while they built Bethel and Dan to seperate from Judah. THEIR SIN WAS THE FACT THAT THEY ACCEPTED CHRISTMAS AND EASTER AND GOD WIPED THEM OUT BECAUSE THEY REFUSED TO LISTEN TO THE VOICE OF THE LAW.

Now are you going to give me Romans speaking of these same people and their same sin?

There were two kingdoms of Israel dude, The kingdom of Israel accepted Christmas and Easter and God wiped them out SPECIFICALLY because they refused the voice of the law and created their own pagan ways, and now they are known as the ten lost tribes, but God has used the void in the ten lost tribes to graft any gentile who repents for Christmas and Easter and their seperation from Judah to fill the ranks of those ten lost tribes.

Here you are trying to give scripture that has nothing to do with Jews, and the actual scripture you give CONVICTS YOU BRO. Here you are pointing out the great and horrible sin of Israel and how God wiped them out because of CHRISTMAS, AND EASTER, and as a gentile who tries to claim an adoption through the lost evil people of theNorthern kingdom, you are proving that the scripture is of you, not of Israel, and the scripture isn't speaking about Jews. Many of the Jews fell from God when some of them began keeping EASTER AND christmas and God warned them so sternly because some tried to follow in the ways of Christians keeping pagan days, the same days that wiped out ten tribes. But God shows over and over that he gave up on Ephraim but hewould never giveup on Judah, and BECAUSE some of the Jews starting keeping Christmas, he brought the whole nation into Babylon after he had wiped out the ten tribes, SPECIFICALLY BECAUSE SOME WERE INVOLVED IN THE PAGAN EASTER AND CHRISTMAS.

The Gentile convet to God only has but one path to God, and this is to repent in their involvement in Chriwtmas and Easter.

God had taken Judah and refined him against keeping any pagan day.

But here you are pointing out sins that killed ten tribes in Israel, and to top this off, you think that we should all fall back into the sins of Jeroboam and how he taught his people to keep the high holy days of Christmas and easter?

The scripture is to you people who refuse to hear the voice of the law in all your invented wqys that you glorify so muchas to stand directly in contradiction to the Lord of Hosts, and you are trying to lay the sin of others on the wrong head, and to top this off, YOU COMMIT THE VERY SINS THAT YOU ARE POINTING OUT IN JUDGMENT OF A PEOPLE YOU DON'T EVEN KNOW, YOU THINK IT IS SPEAKING TO JEWS, BUT IT IS SPEAKING TO THE WICKED TEN TRIBES WHOM GOD KILLED AND SCATTERED TO THE 4 CORNERS OF THE EARTH BECAUSE THEY ACCEPTED CHRISTMAS AND EASTER..

HOW IRONIC, amusing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.