Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-15-2017, 12:39 PM

11,019 posts, read 5,987,049 times

Advertisements

I keep hearing about how loving your god is. I have experienced 'God's love' first hand. Trust me - you don't want to experience his hate!
Was the flood also an example of his 'love'?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2017, 01:13 PM

10,087 posts, read 5,734,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 303Guy View Post
I keep hearing about how loving your god is. I have experienced 'God's love' first hand. Trust me - you don't want to experience his hate!
Was the flood also an example of his 'love'?
You wouldn't be existing right now if not for the Flood. Neither would countless other beautiful people. Still think that was an act of hate?

Old 06-15-2017, 01:33 PM

5,912 posts, read 2,604,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
You wouldn't be existing right now if not for the Flood. Neither would countless other beautiful people. Still think that was an act of hate?
You are so right Jeff, gods beautiful nazzie people must really make christians proud.

GOD WITH US

Old 06-15-2017, 02:20 PM

50,088 posts, read 20,723,660 times
Quote:

Quote:
Even if that were a true story and I would bet my life it isn't, it is rather like a farmer, ...in fact, there may be an existing example.

"Listen, Dandelion. You're fond of stories, aren't you? I'll tell you one -- yes, one for El-ahrairah to cry at. Once there was a fine warren on the edge of a wood, overlooking the meadows of a farm. It was big, full of rabbits. Then one day the white blindness came and the rabbits fell sick and died. But a few survived, as they always do. The warren became almost empty. One day the farmer thought, 'I could increase those rabbits: make them part of my farm -- their meat, their skins. Why should I bother to keep rabbits in hutches? They'll do very well where they are.' He began to shoot all elil -- lendri, homba, stoat, owl. He put out food for the rabbits, but not too near the warren. For his purpose they had to become accustomed to going about in the fields and the wood. And then he snared them -- not too many: as many as he wanted and not as many as would frighten them all away or destroy the warren. They grew big and strong and healthy, for he saw to it that they had all of the best, particularly in winter, and nothing to fear -- except the running knot in the hedge gap and the wood path. So they lived as he wanted them to live and all the time there were a few who disappeared. The rabbits became strange in many ways, different from other rabbits. They knew well enough what was happening. But even to themselves they pretended that all was well, for the food was good, they were protected, they had nothing to fear but the one fear; and that struck here and there, never enough at a time to drive them away. They forgot the ways of wild rabbits. They forgot El-ahrairah, for what use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price? They found out other marvelous arts to take the place of tricks and old stories. They danced in ceremonious greeting. They sang songs like the birds and made Shapes on the walls; and though these could help them not at all, yet they passed the time and enabled them to tell themselves that they were splendid fellows, the very flower of Rabbitry, cleverer than magpies.....: (Watership Down)

The analogy can't be pushed too far, but the idea of wiping out everything He had no use for and simply Using the remainder for his purposes flags up that the Flood story is no more beautiful or merciful than it is likely to be true.

Old 06-15-2017, 02:24 PM

11,110 posts, read 9,814,649 times
Quote:
The notion that because act A benefited person B, it thereby follows that person B should not perceive the act A as hateful is ... well, idiotic.

You might as well say to someone conceived through rape: "You wouldn't be existing right now if not for the rape of your mother. Neither would countless other beautiful people. Still think of rape as an act of hate?"

Even by your exceptionally low standards, Jeff, your 'logic' is absurd.

Old 06-15-2017, 02:54 PM

4,466 posts, read 1,606,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unsettomati View Post
The notion that because act A benefited person B, it thereby follows that person B should not perceive the act A as hateful is ... well, idiotic.

You might as well say to someone conceived through rape: "You wouldn't be existing right now if not for the rape of your mother. Neither would countless other beautiful people. Still think of rape as an act of hate?"

Checkmate!

Old 06-15-2017, 03:43 PM

5,912 posts, read 2,604,822 times
Quote:
Quote:

BOOM!

Snowflake

Old 06-15-2017, 04:27 PM

Quote:
Yes
A loving god would have fixed the problem, not cruelly murdered everone.

A loving god would not have allowed my son to suffer through his young life and to die in pain.

Old 06-15-2017, 04:29 PM

Quote:

Well stated!

Old 06-15-2017, 11:27 PM

16,155 posts, read 12,858,876 times
Quote:

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality