Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-04-2017, 01:28 AM

10,939 posts, read 5,914,844 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
That is NOT the God I love and trust. Do you believe everything you are told? Then why do you believe that implausible nonsense about the Bible and God's nature?
Which parts of the bible should I believe? Which parts should I not believe? Why should I believe anything in the bible at all?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2017, 01:40 AM

63,565 posts, read 39,855,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 303Guy View Post
Which parts of the bible should I believe? Which parts should I not believe? Why should I believe anything in the bible at all?
If you don't have a basis in an experience of God, you would not have any reason whatsoever to believe in anything about God.

Old 06-04-2017, 07:26 AM

21,020 posts, read 19,291,518 times
Quote:
Which parts of the bible should I believe?
Which parts should I not believe? Why should I believe anything in the bible at all?
I know you asked Mystic, but, may I?

This is how I 'judge' or discern everything...feel your heart ❤️ , each man born has an inner 'meter'.

If it is not kind, loving, patient and compassionate it is not from God, or the Holy Spirit, which ever
you relate to more.
Anything that is mean, cruel, judgmental, demeaning from ANYone is from the egoic mind, the ego...not from love...whether in the Bible or from a friend!
We were given a heart and a brain...best thing is to use them...rather than to believe 'what we are told'
by others and programmed into our heads...especially, when fear based regarding God.
Best wishes. In fact, do not believe ME...test everything for yourself.

Old 06-04-2017, 07:33 AM

1,708 posts, read 1,093,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tired of the Nonsense View Post
Do we have free will naturally, or as a function of God's grace?
It is for each of us to decide what to believe.

Old 06-04-2017, 07:39 AM

1,708 posts, read 1,093,775 times
Quote:
Well, maybe the first verse, we did have a big bang, which is an effect without a cause. Initially we had zero entropy, considering the linguistic limitations for expressing science at the time, we get a mathematical expression that is somewhat limited. A Faraday / Maxwell bible would put it as:

Old 06-04-2017, 07:52 AM

functionofx, thank you.
I always call God The Most Brilliant Scientist, why, He created science and physics, He IS science!

(God, Who has no gender, that is.)

Old 06-04-2017, 08:18 AM

2,056 posts, read 2,151,846 times
Quote:
But how can you trust a god or being or whatever, that creates man, gives him a free will then decrees that if man uses that free will to choose incorrectly he will be tortured for all eternity?

God's devine love - how does that work? Is it the same divine love that sends a flood to drown everyone and all things?
There will be no torture for eternity. As I posted above, if we choose incorrectly, we're going to have to suffer the consequences of our actions. Matter of fact, this is a lifelong process as we live now and continues on to the spirit world until our soul becomes purified and the darkness is removed.

Have you ever felt bad for something you've done, felt remorseful, and then apologized if you hurt somebody? Ever had feelings of sadness that you couldn't shake? Ever had feelings of jealousy that won't go away? Ever had negative thoughts about somebody you don't like... like God, for instance? These are some things that need to be dealt with, and if we can do it now before we pass over to the next world... all the better.

God's Divine Love is the essence and substance of God. It is God's gift to us and is the salvation, which Jesus taught. It is delivered to our soul by the Holy Spirit, which is God's highest energy. This Love brings inner peace and happiness and removes worry and fear. In order for our soul to receive it, it must have an awakening. Receiving it is also a process as it may come and go like the ebb and flow of ocean waters at the beach.

Old 06-04-2017, 08:21 AM

105 posts, read 52,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
If you don't have a basis in an experience of God, you would not have any reason whatsoever to believe in anything about God.
How would one 'experience God' and how would your feelings be anything but, your feelings?

Old 06-04-2017, 08:24 AM

2,056 posts, read 2,151,846 times
Quote:
How about going beyond the bible? God isn't about the bible. God was never a man. He is soul and Love Divine. God is real and He wants to have a personal relationship with all of His children.

If you are a parent and have children, you have the experience of unconditional love for them. We are God's children... multiply this unconditional love a thousandfold. It'll give you an inkling of how much we mean to God. All He wants from us is to love Him back. That's all.

Old 06-04-2017, 09:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ValeBV View Post
How would one 'experience God' and how would your feelings
be anything but, your feelings?
I could tell you how I do....but I'm
taking advantage of Mystic sleeping late! Lemme know if you want to hear from me...but,
as I always advise...if you want a mechanic? Listen to someone who has been to the guy...not
someone that read a great ad, but doesn't really know.
I went to a bogus Chiropractor once on someone's enthusiastic advice...learned my lesson in life fast...
I didn't ask, 'Have you been to him, how many times?' Now, I ask with everything!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality