U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
View Poll Results: How to Eradicate Crimes from our Society forever?!!
By following the commandments of God Almighty 4 26.67%
By following the laws of the Government 2 13.33%
mmm... 9 60.00%
Voters: 15. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-11-2008, 04:39 AM

3,773 posts, read 6,824,720 times
We will never be able to eradicate the above-mentioned crimes for this is an evil and corruptible world we live in ever since what took place in the Garden of Eden.

Some people will do by the will of God and be obedient while others will find the way of the world and be caught up with its evil allures.

Sometimes it takes one being caught for a heinous crime to turn his or her life over to the Lord and follow His ways ,others will be frustrated at being caught.

It would take everyone from here on out to turn his life over to the Lord and follow in His ways to be obedient to the Lord to eradicate the crimes or evils of the world and that is not going to happen.

The point is we do have a Savior in Jesus Christ who will forgive us of our sin no matter how heinous they may be from burglary to murder, if we turn our lives over to Him with true repentance and believe in Him,He will lift that burden off of us and we shall enter into His Kingdom
Quick reply to this message

Old 03-11-2008, 05:42 AM

13,039 posts, read 14,814,472 times
Most people commit crimes either because of pure selfishness and greed or because of desperation and personal circumstances.

I suspect we could eradicate most crimes by ensuring social justice and trying to make poverty history.

Growing up in a deprived area, with no hope for the future, surrounded by drug addicts, being raised by parents who beat you up and abuse you on a daily basis and seeing murders close up is probably not a good way for kids to grow up as honest upright citizens.

People need to feel they have a stake in society and that their lives matter. If they feel worthless and hopeless their lives won't matter to themselves and it follows yours ( and your property ) won't either.

We live in a society which values money and possessions above else and kids grow up they are nothing without outward signs or wealth and status.

Children need good role models and discipline as well as love and affection and they need to feel they can "grow". This is not possible when your father is a gangster, your mother is a prostitute and all you see out of the window is urban decay and violence.

We also need to re-assess the values our society tends to uphold. "me, me, me", "I want it and I want it now", the culture of instant gratification and greed, of consumerism gone bad, of not caring about anything , of thinking mostly of ourselves, of defining success as being wealthy and famous. We all have some responsibility for the way kids are growing up today. We live in a world where talent and hard work is eschewed for selling yourself, where being on TV is cooler than being good or creative or kind, a world where we have glamourised violence and cheapened sexuality.

The values we impart on them will bleed into their consciousness.

Maybe we "decent upright citizens" should look at our own lives and the way we treat others in vulnerable position and how we behave to others.

Crime is not created in a vacuum it breeds only too well in certain societal circumstances. Poverty leads to crime. Pure and simple.

Is poverty an excuse for crime ? Of course not but I think it would be intellectual dishonest to deny that desperation and social alienation is a major factor in criminal behaviour.

Our society is creating "monsters" . Even the people who don't commit crimes are becoming more and more shallow, greedy and selfish. I don't know if we can put the genie back in the bottle but unless we do I think we are headed for choppy waters.

In a way the crimes which shock me the most are the white collar crimes. Corporate crimes account for billions of dollars every year, lead to conditions akin to slavery in third world nations and pure and simple exploitation domestically and yet as a society we condone it. Not many white collar criminals in jail and yet their crimes cannot be excused with mitigating circumstances at all.

When people who have everything take even more and never give back that is unforgettable. The violence is not obvious in a physical sense but what they do to others is still a form of violence and one with far reaching circumstances. Pure greed in my opinion is almost one of the worst crimes of all in many aspects as there is no excuse for it at all.

It's hidden, and we all take part in it every time we shop. Society condones it and in fact rewards it.

Religion has nothing to do with eradicating crime and violence. Morality which is just a human concept not a religious one is what matters. Being aware of the impact our daily decisions have on others, having empathy and compassion. Treating people with respect and affording them some dignity. Valuing human life.

Old 03-11-2008, 07:33 AM

2,579 posts, read 1,493,883 times
Thank you, Mooseketeer, what a great post!!

Old 03-15-2008, 09:56 AM

56 posts, read 154,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooseketeer View Post
Most people commit crimes either because of pure selfishness and greed or because of desperation and personal circumstances.

I suspect we could eradicate most crimes by ensuring social justice and trying to make poverty history.

Growing up in a deprived area, with no hope for the future, surrounded by drug addicts, being raised by parents who beat you up and abuse you on a daily basis and seeing murders close up is probably not a good way for kids to grow up as honest upright citizens.

People need to feel they have a stake in society and that their lives matter. If they feel worthless and hopeless their lives won't matter to themselves and it follows yours ( and your property ) won't either.

We live in a society which values money and possessions above else and kids grow up they are nothing without outward signs or wealth and status.

Children need good role models and discipline as well as love and affection and they need to feel they can "grow". This is not possible when your father is a gangster, your mother is a prostitute and all you see out of the window is urban decay and violence.

We also need to re-assess the values our society tends to uphold. "me, me, me", "I want it and I want it now", the culture of instant gratification and greed, of consumerism gone bad, of not caring about anything , of thinking mostly of ourselves, of defining success as being wealthy and famous. We all have some responsibility for the way kids are growing up today. We live in a world where talent and hard work is eschewed for selling yourself, where being on TV is cooler than being good or creative or kind, a world where we have glamourised violence and cheapened sexuality.

The values we impart on them will bleed into their consciousness.

Maybe we "decent upright citizens" should look at our own lives and the way we treat others in vulnerable position and how we behave to others.

Crime is not created in a vacuum it breeds only too well in certain societal circumstances. Poverty leads to crime. Pure and simple.

Is poverty an excuse for crime ? Of course not but I think it would be intellectual dishonest to deny that desperation and social alienation is a major factor in criminal behaviour.

Our society is creating "monsters" . Even the people who don't commit crimes are becoming more and more shallow, greedy and selfish. I don't know if we can put the genie back in the bottle but unless we do I think we are headed for choppy waters.

In a way the crimes which shock me the most are the white collar crimes. Corporate crimes account for billions of dollars every year, lead to conditions akin to slavery in third world nations and pure and simple exploitation domestically and yet as a society we condone it. Not many white collar criminals in jail and yet their crimes cannot be excused with mitigating circumstances at all.

When people who have everything take even more and never give back that is unforgettable. The violence is not obvious in a physical sense but what they do to others is still a form of violence and one with far reaching circumstances. Pure greed in my opinion is almost one of the worst crimes of all in many aspects as there is no excuse for it at all.

It's hidden, and we all take part in it every time we shop. Society condones it and in fact rewards it.

Religion has nothing to do with eradicating crime and violence. Morality which is just a human concept not a religious one is what matters. Being aware of the impact our daily decisions have on others, having empathy and compassion. Treating people with respect and affording them some dignity. Valuing human life.

Excellent analysis.

Old 03-15-2008, 01:01 PM

2,221 posts, read 1,905,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiel
Why are those the only two choices? Neither works.

How about treating all people with dignity and respect.
I agree with chiel, neither of those choices will work. First of all, not everyone on this earth believes in God or a higher power. And the government has lost the respect of many people with all of the corruption.

Quote:
Originally Posted by june 7th View Post
It has nothing to do with "laws."

It has to do with how you raise your children.
June knows what June is talking about on this one.

It comes down to teaching your kids right from wrong. Teaching them how to respect other people and respect themselves.

Old 03-19-2008, 06:11 AM

42 posts, read 77,576 times
Quote:
How about treating all people with dignity and respect.
That's what God Almighty wants us to do. (again following the commands of God)

Quote:
BTW, alcoholism is not a crime; neither is adultery.

I can see where this is going already.
Alcoholism and Adultery has become very common as if a common way of life which in fact is a Deadly sin which results in Family conflicts, dishonesty and it Kills millions of people as it did (HIV Virus).

God Almighty has forbidden has stricktly not to drink Alcohol neither commite adultery so that we may have a peaceful lives.

How many people have died because of Alcoholism and Adultery?? and you said it's not a cirme?!

Quote:
Small problem here...who's God? And, who's holy book do we use?
Good question!

Please search and read all religious books with open heart and make a good analysis of them and you will difinitly find the words there.

Quote:
Should we all be forced to worship the same God, in order to eradicate crimes in society?
Nor by force but by beutiful preachings and using wisdom and reason.

Quote:
also dont you feel god is quite capable of enforcing his law. which brings me to its impossible. there will always be crimes/suffering/evil/horrible things no matter what we do. otherwise wed be in heaven
We are living at the last days of this world and I think we humans are running this world the way we want it (leaded by Satan). And there you see the terrible consequences.

Quote:
It has to do with how you raise your children.
Again you need rules of God Almighty.

Quote:
The point is we do have a Savior in Jesus Christ who will forgive us of our sin no matter how heinous they may be from burglary to murder,
This beliefe can only encourage crimes against God Almighty and humans not Eradicate them. Because everyone will say Jesus paid for us there is no need to be concerned with sins.

Old 03-19-2008, 06:33 AM

42 posts, read 77,576 times
Quote:
When we make a machine we put a Manual instruction in order to be operated well how about God Almighty when he created us? didn't he send us a guideline or an instruction manual??

Brother all the crimes and above solution that you have menioned are ordered in the book of God Almighty ONE BY ONE. Not only forbidden but a practical solution is also given there.

We are living in the last days of this world where about more than 40 out of 50 signs of Judgment Day have taken place.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality