Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-16-2017, 07:32 PM

12,595 posts, read 6,646,703 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by L8Gr8Apost8 View Post
Nope. I can't go along with it. You can give these deaths a slow golf clap if you wish but not me. People are still dying.
Yes...this is very unfortunate. And it would not be my choice as to how to handle that issue.
Parents do what they think is best (on whatever basis) and so do adults...and sometimes it doesn't turn out good. My sympathies to all involved.
I'm sure that they could show people that died from tainted blood...point to that, and say "People are dying from getting transfusions".
Nothing is all bad, or all good...in every situation.
Some Amish person could point to everyone that died while driving an automobile and crashed while distracted by their cell phone, and declare, "Nope. I can't go along with it. People are dying."
Does that mean that any parent that allowed their child to drive and have a smartphone, or adult did that, be deemed as "bad" if some fatal harm came as a derivative of it?
What if a transfusion was refused, and the blood was tainted...or there was a bad infection running through where they would be doing the transfusion? Would that now mean they were "right" and "good" to make a decision whereby they avoided that?

Anything can be viewed as both "bad" and "good", to a greater or lesser degree, either way. Situations and circumstances vary...there is never a absolute "right" or "wrong" choice.
As I said...it is all a matter of perspective.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-16-2017, 07:47 PM

22,137 posts, read 19,198,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GldnRule View Post
Yes...this is very unfortunate. And it would not be my choice as to how to handle that issue.
Parents do what they think is best (on whatever basis) and so do adults...and sometimes it doesn't turn out good. My sympathies to all involved.
I'm sure that they could show people that died from tainted blood...point to that, and say "People are dying from getting transfusions".
Nothing is all bad, or all good...in every situation.
Some Amish person could point to everyone that died while driving an automobile and crashed while distracted by their cell phone, and declare, "Nope. I can't go along with it. People are dying."
Does that mean that any parent that allowed their child to drive and have a smartphone, or adult did that, be deemed as "bad" if some fatal harm came as a derivative of it?
What if a transfusion was refused, and the blood was tainted...or there was a bad infection running through where they would be doing the transfusion? Would that now mean they were "right" and "good" to make a decision whereby they avoided that?

Anything can be viewed as both "bad" and "good", to a greater or lesser degree, either way. Situations and circumstances vary...there is never a absolute "right" or "wrong" choice.
As I said...it is all a matter of perspective.
All of those are excellent points and valid ones.
I have worked in healthcare for decades in hospitals and modern state of the art medical settings and the reality is every patient that walks through the doors is at risk for picking up disease and injury just by physically being there.

This is still true even today with all the modern sterilization procedures and processes in place. Who knows this? The nurses and health techs and lab techs and surg techs. They know it first hand and see it first hand.

Are all the people on their anti religion because children are at at risk rants .....are they equally vocal and concerned about removing liquor and marijuana from the home? Drinking and driving, alcohol fatalities, guns in the home? Are you lobbying to have those removed because so many children die from gun accidents? Remove the bible and the religious tracts but dont touch the booze and guns and pot because those are freedoms no matter how many children die.

Concern for children's safety is important and valid. But in all honesty much of the ranting is simply hate against religion. Vaccinations are controversial and more and more parents are refusing to vaccinate their kids due to the health risks. Do you attack those parents in the same way you attack the religious? No. That shows the hypocrisy. People have different views about what medical treatments put their children's health at risk therefore some parents decline them.

Adults do the same thing. An adult can decline medical care. I do it regularly and will continue to do so.

Last edited by Tzaphkiel; 06-16-2017 at 08:09 PM..

Old 06-16-2017, 08:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by L8Gr8Apost8 View Post
Nope. I can't go along with it. You can give these deaths a slow golf clap if you wish but not me. People are still dying.
It's no different than parents declining to have their children vaccinated. Are you equally concerned and outspoken about parents who don't vaccinate their children?

"A new survey published in Pediatrics on Monday reports that 87 percent of pediatricians in the United States say they encountered parents refusing to vaccinate their children in 2013. A decade earlier, 75 percent of doctors reported they had experienced vaccine refusals."

What about children dying from firearms in the homes at the rate of about one every other day. Are you speaking out about that too? Why one and not the other? In spite of children dying from guns in the home "residents say they are not about to change their way of life and the importance they place on gun ownership. "

Last edited by Tzaphkiel; 06-16-2017 at 08:44 PM..

Old 06-16-2017, 08:40 PM

13,011 posts, read 13,038,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tzaphkiel View Post

Concern for children's safety is important and valid. But in all honesty much of the ranting is simply hate against religion. Vaccinations are controversial and more and more parents are refusing to vaccinate their kids due to the health risks. Do you attack those parents in the same way you attack the religious? No. That shows the hypocrisy. People have different views about what medical treatments put their children's health at risk therefore some parents decline them.
Yes I do. Anti-vaxxers are making terrible decisions that can have terrible results for children. I am just as vocal in my criticism about the anti-fax movement as I am about religion, perhaps even more so.

I don't discuss religion when my brother-in-law is around, because he is a believer and it makes him very uncomfortable.

I do discuss the stupidity of refusing vaccinations when my sister-in-law is in the room, because she refuses to vaccinate her kids and I think that she is endangering them.

Old 06-16-2017, 08:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishbrains View Post
Yes I do. Anti-vaxxers are making terrible decisions that can have terrible results for children. I am just as vocal in my criticism about the anti-fax movement as I am about religion, perhaps even more so.

I don't discuss religion when my brother-in-law is around, because he is a believer and it makes him very uncomfortable.

I do discuss the stupidity of refusing vaccinations when my sister-in-law is in the room, because she refuses to vaccinate her kids and I think that she is endangering them.
Are you concerned about alcohol in the home? Marijuana use? Guns in the home? Do you hunt? Smoke? Drink alcohol? Are you just as vocal in criticising others on the stupidity of those and how they are endangering kids and making terrible decisions.

Last edited by Tzaphkiel; 06-16-2017 at 08:57 PM..

Old 06-16-2017, 09:32 PM

13,011 posts, read 13,038,222 times
Quote:
Are you concerned about alcohol in the home? Marijuana use? Guns in the home? Do you hunt? Smoke? Drink alcohol? Are you just as vocal in criticising others on the stupidity of those and how they are endangering kids and making terrible decisions.
Some of these yes, others no.

I believe that you are making a category mistake though. The detrimental effects of vaccinations are outweighed by the benefits by several riders of magnitude. They are absolutely a net good.

i think that religion is also a net negative for society and harms a person in almost every aspect of their lives. I understand that you disagree with this. Fine. That is why you are pro religion and I am anti. We are both being consistent with our beliefs.

The other things you note are problematic. I admit that. I support some, I am against others. The details of which ones don't matter much. I think that overall most of the things you mention are primarily negative to one user, with some negative halo effect. I am ok with people harming themselves, I frown on them harming others.

Old 06-16-2017, 09:37 PM

9,345 posts, read 4,319,539 times
Quote:
The kid across the street from me did not like needles so his parents let him skip his polio shot. Not only did he get polio which ruined his childhood and he died as a very young adult but his being a present a danger to those who could not be vaccinated. How can you compare the stupidity of not having your child vaccinated with having a bottle of wine in the house or even a bag of weed? Marijuana can also be a life saver for many people, for example it allows a friend of mine to function even with the great deal of pain he is often in. I wished it was around and legal when Iwas young as my father suffered greatly from his injury on D Day and it is far safer than what he did take to combat his pain. Guess he didn't have someone to pray the shrapnel out of his spine. My grandparents had wine in the house for Seder, it was never a threat to us kids. Where I live guns need to be locked up and ammunition locked in a separate cabinet, barely as much a risk as not vaccinating a child, something with hardly any Darkseid to it.

I do not know about fishbrains but I am vocal towards people who do not lock up their guns, smoke in front of young children or don't buckle up.

What about yourself, are you comfortable around families that leave loaded handguns aroubd toddlers or do you oppose firearms in the house? You hardly ever say where you stand but put others down with questions like this with a smog sense of superiority. Would you have agreed with our neighbour that there was no need to vaccinate even though there was a polio epidemic going around?

Next year Marijuana will be totally legal here and I would have no concern if my nephews and nieces with small children had it in the homes anymore than the alcohol they have now. If they were drunks, did not vaccinate their children, did not use seat belts or used prayer rather than medical professionals, then yes I would speak out. My own house is loaded with booze and I probably average one drink every three months, my wife the same. But then I have no clue if you are a tea totaler or bring drink every morning.

Old 06-16-2017, 10:09 PM

23,125 posts, read 10,422,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by badlander View Post
Like it would make any difference to anyone other than those who are anxiously waiting for murderers and child molesters to die and go to Hell. I have some times wondered I'd the entire concept of a Hell is to satisfy those who think earthly punishment for others just cannot be harsh enough.
Study the 7 Jewish feasts and the Holy Eighth day, study the feast of Tabernacles and you will understand that there is no hell.

That is my opinion, I think God put the conscience of the law in people's heart but some people are just evil, and while I believe in a broad salvation, I believe some evil people just die, that's all. They are nothing.

All those scriptures of fire is whether or not you receive the rain of Tabernacles to quench the ongoing fire in your flesh.

Christians are reading a Jewish book filled with Jewish idioms about the 7 feasts of God and how you progress through each.

For Instance, '' The day no man knows but the father.''

EVERY JEW knows this is Rosh Hashanah, it is called,'' Yom Hakeseh,'' the hidden day. You are instructed not to speak of the day so that the enemy will not know the day and the proof of this fact is that it is STILL hidden from the majority.

Paul said that Jesus could not come on us as a thief that we would not know the day, he taught those first gentiles what day it was.

That worm that never dies is a seed, the fire being quenched is for rain to fall on your seed so that it dies and bears fruit. A seed will NEVER die if it does not receive the rain, it is the worm that never dies, it is the fire in the flesh that is never put out.

Nobody knows what this really means, it doesn't mean hell, and it doesn't mean that you obtain the highest reward of becoming a brethren of Christ who will have sole rule over ALL Nations.

If Christians would just learn the 7 feasts, they would not be speaking of hell, but I do believe some people become dirt.

Old 06-16-2017, 10:55 PM

9,345 posts, read 4,319,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
Study the 7 Jewish feasts and the Holy Eighth day, study the feast of Tabernacles and you will understand that there is no hell.

That is my opinion, I think God put the conscience of the law in people's heart but some people are just evil, and while I believe in a broad salvation, I believe some evil people just die, that's all. They are nothing.

All those scriptures of fire is whether or not you receive the rain of Tabernacles to quench the ongoing fire in your flesh.

Christians are reading a Jewish book filled with Jewish idioms about the 7 feasts of God and how you progress through each.

For Instance, '' The day no man knows but the father.''

EVERY JEW knows this is Rosh Hashanah, it is called,'' Yom Hakeseh,'' the hidden day. You are instructed not to speak of the day so that the enemy will not know the day and the proof of this fact is that it is STILL hidden from the majority.

Paul said that Jesus could not come on us as a thief that we would not know the day, he taught those first gentiles what day it was.

That worm that never dies is a seed, the fire being quenched is for rain to fall on your seed so that it dies and bears fruit. A seed will NEVER die if it does not receive the rain, it is the worm that never dies, it is the fire in the flesh that is never put out.

Nobody knows what this really means, it doesn't mean hell, and it doesn't mean that you obtain the highest reward of becoming a brethren of Christ who will have sole rule over ALL Nations.

If Christians would just learn the 7 feasts, they would not be speaking of hell, but I do believe some people become dirt.

I do not believe there is a Hell but then I don't believe in a God and also find Messonic Jews as an oxymoron. I was simply responding to your comment on not telling murders there is no Hell. Non of my relatives ever mentioned the hidden day so perhaps they either did not know or didn't think it important enough to mention. Nor does it seem to be important in this discussion.

Old 06-17-2017, 09:58 AM

23,125 posts, read 10,422,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by badlander View Post
I do not believe there is a Hell but then I don't believe in a God and also find Messonic Jews as an oxymoron. I was simply responding to your comment on not telling murders there is no Hell. Non of my relatives ever mentioned the hidden day so perhaps they either did not know or didn't think it important enough to mention. Nor does it seem to be important in this discussion.

Christianity was a legal sect of Judaism for over 100 years, there were tens of thousands of Jewish believers in Christ.

You say hell doesn't seem right to you?

I offered an alternative, and Jews don't believe in the Christian hell for good reason.

Ask your relatives when judgment day is if they are Jews because they at least should know that if they study the Talmud at all.

If they know what they are talking about, ask them the exact day when we say,'' The kingdoms of the earth have become the kingdoms of our God.''

Just because people are Jews don't mean they study the comings and goings of the temple, and or know the feast like the back of their hand, most just carry on in tradition but pretty much every Jew knows when judgment day is, if they study the Talmud.

I am not a Jew.

But you could sit most any Jew in front of me and I could ask them things of the feasts and the comings and goings of the temple, and very few would know. Very few people study enough to learn and Christianity is a good example of this, very few ever study enough to have a debate.

HHMI: The Seven Festivals of the Messiah

Awake, you sleepers, from your sleep! Rouse yourselves, you slumberers, out of your slumber! Examine your deeds, and turn to G-d in repentance. Remember your Creator, you who are caught up in the daily round, losing sight of eternal truth; you are wasting your years in vain pursuits that neither profit nor save. Look closely at yourselves; improve your ways and your deeds. Abandon your evil ways, your unworthy schemes, every one of you! (Yad Hichot Teshuva 3.4).

Another name for Rosh HaShanah is Yom HaDin, the Day of Judgment. It was seen that on this day, G-d would sit in court and all men would pass before Him to be judged. Three great books will be opened as each man is weighed in the balance and placed into one of three categories (Talmud, Rosh HaShanah 6b). It has been taught that the school of Shammai says that there will be three classes on the final Day of Judgment, one of the wholly righteous, one of the wholly wicked, and one of the intermediates. The wholly righteous are at once inscribed and sealed for life in the world to come; the wholly wicked are at once inscribed and sealed for perdition (Talmud, Rosh HaShanah 16b-17a).

Day of the Hiding, because it was hidden from satan (Ha satan), the adversary. The Bible says that satan comes to rob and to steal (John [Yochanan] 10:10, and to confuse (1 Corinthians 14:33). Because it is the Day of Judgment, it is symbolically hidden from satan (satan did not know and understand the plan of the cross [tree], First Corinthians 2:7-8). This was hidden from him as well. Believers never said when the day of Rosh HaShanah was; they simply said, "Of that day and hour no one knows, only the Father."

Sorry dude, it's just what I do, I see an in and take it, thanks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality