Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-29-2017, 04:54 AM

50,082 posts, read 20,548,531 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Good4Nothin View Post
How the heck could a mere human being decide if the universe looks designed or not?

Scientists gather more and more detailed observations, but their understanding does not increase. The more that is learned the more baffling it all looks.

To me, and to many others, it is OBVIOUS that the universe, nature, god, whatever you might call it, is INFINITELY more intelligent than we are.

How can you judge something that is infinitely more intelligent than you?

There are, of course, a large number of supposedly scientific atheists who have decided that nature is a pile of trash. They could have done a much better job designing it.
You want a debate on whether the universe looks designed or not? If so, let's start with -tell me what you think it was designed to do, and then give me an example of this Design you think it exhibits.

Not complexity. A million pebbles in a huge bag is complex, but not designed.

Not regularity. That something working does the same thing every time is unthinking action, not design.

Not amazingness. It is amazing that a cuckoo will destroy all the other eggs and get the birds to host her chick instead. But anyone who Designed that idea is a pretty sick-minded designer.

And if you want to argue that none of that is a valid argument against design because this postulated god is so much more intelligent than we are that it couldn't reveal itself clearly to all of us but left us to come up with all manner of cockamamie religions, then all you are doing is finding an excuse to ignore the evidence.

And we needn't even address your contention that, thanks to those "Supposedly" scientists, understanding the universe hasn't progressed remarkably from the time the writers of Genesis thought it resembled a plastic snow-dome.

Last edited by TRANSPONDER; 06-29-2017 at 05:04 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2017, 05:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzyRules View Post
I posted this on your other thread which I guess got deleted...

I'm a little confused by where you are coming from. When you say "mainstream" Christianity do you mean mainline? Or neo-orthodox? Maybe like some of the more evangelical/grace preachers? Is there a particular denomination you admire? Or maybe a popular preacher I may have heard of?

As far as Monty Python, they are some of the biggest Christian despisers I've ever seen. So that's confusing too.
It's confusing me, too. Maybe you should give the post to which you is responding.

Old 06-29-2017, 04:26 PM

12,918 posts, read 16,796,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRANSPONDER View Post
It's confusing me, too. Maybe you should give the post to which you is responding.
I can't because the entire thread seems to have been deleted. Fortunately, I still have my post saved in a text file. Not that mine was a very long post. But the OP in that thread certainly was, and it took me a while to read.

Old 06-30-2017, 04:18 PM

9,588 posts, read 5,010,981 times
Quote:
"This is not Zorro!" (the Gay Blade) This is not Eusebius. Or not the one I knew. This is an eminently reasonable post. I of course don't agree that the best template that fits the observations is the Christian one. I could be wrong there, and maybe as an atheist I'm tending to select the observations.

But the reliable basis has to be validated evidence and logical reasoning and they seem to provide the secular view as the best template - or to put it another way - "The best model of reality that explains he observations".

This is generally the view of atheism and not the often -touted fundamentalist atheists who is convinced they are absolutely right.

If there is some valid idea behind that other than simply atheist -bashing, it is relying on scientific data as valid and rejecting unvalidated 'templates' that fit or seem to fit the unexplained observations. I need hardly add - or rather I badly need to add - that other, better, but less welcome secular template explanations just get dismissed.

"No, that doesn't explain what I feel..."

I know the real Eusebius, and this is definitely NOT him under another name if that's what anyone was thinking. Peace

Old 05-24-2018, 07:44 PM

31,374 posts, read 20,064,980 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tzaphkiel View Post
and you are still quoting the atheist fake poster Eusebius who was dishonestly posting and posing and lying about who he is and what he believes. and you continue to promote this fake persona and dishonest posts. it's like "fake hate crimes"

I think you need to lie down, eyes closed, with a nice, cool cloth on your forehead, and listen to some soothing music.

Old 05-24-2018, 10:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbbi1 View Post
I know the real Eusebius, and this is definitely NOT him under another name if that's what anyone was thinking. Peace
Oh well, Mensa told me he wasn't and He said he wasn't, so I shall have to assume that great minds think alike.

Old 05-25-2018, 08:10 PM

63,499 posts, read 39,789,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbbi1 View Post
If you know him, then you know he is an atheist and has videos espousing those views. I always assumed he was punking everyone here.

Old 05-25-2018, 10:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
If you know him, then you know he is an atheist and has videos espousing those views. I always assumed he was punking everyone here.
Can't be. I have been DM with him ever since he left the forum and surely he would have told me is he was atheist. I can't believe that he would have fought so hard for Creationism and even changed his views on Christianity from ET to UR. This can't be the same man.

Old 05-25-2018, 10:23 PM

63,499 posts, read 39,789,724 times
Quote:
Can't be. I have been DM with him ever since he left the forum and surely he would have told me is he was atheist. I can't believe that he would have fought so hard for Creationism and even changed his views on Christianity from ET to UR. This can't be the same man.
Then he has a true doppelganger posting atheist videos or his profile picture is not his. Google Pat Condell and check out his image with Eusebius's profile picture.

Last edited by MysticPhD; 05-25-2018 at 10:38 PM..

Old 05-26-2018, 09:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Then he has a true doppelganger posting atheist videos or his profile picture is not his. Google Pat Condell and check out his image with Eusebius's profile picture.
Pat Condell? Isn't He the Englishman who is implacably hostile to Islam? The picture Eusebius sent me, of someone like an aged Buster Keaton in a trilby hat is nothing like.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ydPZRoLzu-E

Yes, this is the Dood..in full spate! I bet he voted Brexit.

No this is not the picure I was given. Of course any picture can be used. But I cannot believe that Pat Condell would waste his time on a silly joke battling me over the Ark or the cloud - cover theory for YEARS. He may be A Eusebius, but he ain't My old mate Eusebius. He may be intellectually dishonest, but he ain't stupid.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality