Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-07-2017, 04:45 PM

1,788 posts, read 1,171,851 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukrkoz View Post
Jesus said - all religions lead to god, as whichever direction you walk, you will always come to ocean. Now, that is said not in the Bible you believe.
Jilly, again, here's a simple wisdom.
truth is only what what one experienced. Existentially speaking, only what was personally learned, known by one, is true. The rest is hearsay and rumors. Opinions.
Unfortunately, people tend to believe others. this is normal. Natural to a human nature. Takes rather a very brave attitude to say - I have not experienced, it is not true.
But if you were to accept this approach (for example, same was told by one Gautam buddha to his disciples) you can then apply it to your faith. What will be a revelation.As it will go like this: Ok, I read a book called Bible. That is mine. Have I experienced god then? No. Have I experienced anything Bible speaks of? No. Or, maybe, some. Ok, then that some is true and the other is not. For me.
From that on, you can very simply apply this critical thinking to anything in your life. Especially, to your spiritual life. Say, you fell on your knees and broke down into tears and prayed and prayed and prayed - and you had it! Some exalting experience that YOU know is not of this world. That is yours also. You HAD it. Then you can keep following that path deeper and deeper. Then maybe true prayer is your path. Aka, path of hasid.
Or, you can simply sit and enjoy a beautiful day. let everything go. Just immerse into the reality. Lose yourself in it. Become one with the NOW. It happens - it's yours. You may pursue that path then. Tantra path.
There are many paths. over 960 actually.
But they all lead to same. Learn yourSelf.
Jesus said He was the ONLY Way to His Father.

Now the question is, which one of you are lying? You or Jesus?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2017, 04:50 PM

2,771 posts, read 2,302,603 times
Anyone who states, "that may be true for you but not for me" lacks a grasp of the meaning of "truth."

Old 07-07-2017, 05:00 PM

63,795 posts, read 40,063,093 times
Default Do all religions lead to God?

Religions are human creations speculating ABOUT God and pretending to have some way of knowing God and what He wants from us. There is no need to lead us anywhere because God is within each of us and never NOT with us. Religions tend to interfere with our existing relationship with God by creating intellectual stumbling blocks to experiencing God within and by overriding His promptings to the truth He has "written in our hearts."

Old 07-07-2017, 06:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Religions are human creations speculating ABOUT God and pretending to have some way of knowing God and what He wants from us. There is no need to lead us anywhere because God is within each of us and never NOT with us. Religions tend to interfere with our existing relationship with God by creating intellectual stumbling blocks to experiencing God within and by overriding His promptings to the truth He has "written in our hearts."
IF that were true God wouldn't have sent His ONLY Son to DIE FOR US.

Old 07-07-2017, 06:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corvette Ministries View Post
Anyone who states, "that may be true for you but not for me" lacks a grasp of the meaning of "truth."

Jesus said He was the " TRUTH ".

~ I believe Him.

Old 07-07-2017, 06:33 PM

11,110 posts, read 9,809,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corvette Ministries View Post
The entire concept of religion revolves around picking through the countless thousands upon thousands of religions, sects, and variations thereof and deciding which one is 'true', with no guide but your own desires and subjective preferences. Some have sufficient humility to see this, though it is certainly true that you are hardly alone in convincing yourself that your wants and tastes in this regard represent some sort of objective truth.

Those with the aforementioned humility are a far less dangerous lot.

Old 07-07-2017, 06:48 PM

63,795 posts, read 40,063,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HushWhisper View Post
IF that were true God wouldn't have sent His ONLY Son to DIE FOR US.
Of course it is true. Jesus was needed to accomplish what NONE of us were capable of accomplishing - perfect Agape love for all life. I doubt any of us are yet capable of it, but certainly, prior to Jesus, no one was. Jesus did have an advantage from God as His Son, but His human achievement was what saved us all. He is our "designated hitter" and He hit a Grand Slam. We just need to become sanctified under His perfection (Grace) through the love of God and each other every day and repent when we don't.

Old 07-07-2017, 07:19 PM

11,761 posts, read 7,257,368 times
Quote:
Of course it is true. Jesus was needed to accomplish what NONE of us were capable of accomplishing - perfect Agape love for all life.
Nonsense!
Quote:
I doubt any of us are yet capable of it, but certainly, prior to Jesus, no one was.
You keep making this unsubstantiated claim yet I know of several historical "saints" long who taught the same messages long before this Jesus cat showed up.

Old 07-07-2017, 07:24 PM

21,088 posts, read 29,213,961 times
Quote:
Jesus said He was the " TRUTH ".

~ I believe Him.
He did indeed say TRUTH, He did not say He was THE ONLY TRUTH...

Old 07-07-2017, 07:52 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,176,355 times
Quote:
Jesus said He was the ONLY Way to His Father.

Now the question is, which one of you are lying? You or Jesus?
Tough to say.

I mean, how many want to go to his "Father?" I know I wouldn't wanna. His purported father was a whackjob by any sane person's standard.

So, if Jesus is the only way to his biblical father, you can - as one of MY gurus said - "include me out."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality