Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-13-2017, 07:31 PM

18,250 posts, read 16,920,340 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jilly9244 View Post
I was speaking with a friend of mine and she said God created a creature/species called Gens(not sure if that is the correct spelling). I looked online but haven't found anything. She said this creature was created before the angels. Has anyone ever heard of this?
I know God created a girl I'm friendly with named Jens and she is among God's most perfect creatures. Unfortunately I can't show you her photo or I'd get banned.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-13-2017, 07:31 PM

1,058 posts, read 676,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glu Glukan View Post

Respectfully, am thinking you are searching for "jinns", beings between angels and us, sometimes good though more often bad. They're mentioned in the Qur'an. The anglicized word for them is "genies", more widely understood as demons.

*edit*- Ah, Miss Hepburn, thanks for the noggin nudgin' that it's wise to read through responses before posting.

Ahhh... ok. I had just never heard of such a thing. Thanks

Old 07-13-2017, 10:09 PM

19,029 posts, read 27,599,679 times
It's in Q'Ran. Allah created angels, humans and jinn to praise him.

The term Jinn designates, due to it's primary meaning "to hide" or "to conceal", every invisible being,[16] including devils, demons (Ifrit)[17] and angels[18][19], but is often used referring to a specific kind of sapient creature on earth, which resembles human. Modernist commentators, on the basis of the words meaning, refer the jinn to microorganisms such as bacteria and viruses[20] or undetectable uncivilized persons.[21]
Jinn (and varies of the word) are mentioned 29 times in the Quran: Surah 72 (named Sūrat al-Jinn) is named after the jinn, and has a passage about them. Another surah (Sūrat al-Nās) mentions jinn in the last verse.[22] The Quran also mentions that Muhammad was sent as a prophet to both "humanity and the jinn", and that prophets and messengers were sent to both communities.[23][24] Traditionally Surah 72 is hold to tell the revelation the jinn community.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jinn#J...e-Adamite_Jinn

Old 07-14-2017, 03:26 PM

6,844 posts, read 2,846,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrillobyte View Post
I know God created a girl I'm friendly with named Jens and she is among God's most perfect creatures. Unfortunately I can't show you her photo or I'd get banned.
Awww....you're so sweet. But I keep telling you, my name is Traci.

Old 07-14-2017, 04:52 PM

18,250 posts, read 16,920,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by geekigurl View Post
Awww....you're so sweet. But I keep telling you, my name is Traci.
That's her...Traci Lords. Her nickname is Jens. I see your pic and you definitely could be Traci even tho you're in the shadow. So that's you, huh Traci...er...Jens. You know why I'd get banned if I showed your other pics, right Traci?

Old 07-15-2017, 06:44 AM

6,844 posts, read 2,846,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrillobyte View Post
That's her...Traci Lords. Her nickname is Jens. I see your pic and you definitely could be Traci even tho you're in the shadow. So that's you, huh Traci...er...Jens. You know why I'd get banned if I showed your other pics, right Traci?
LOL!!

Let's not show the kids those pictures.

Old 07-16-2017, 01:11 AM

4,747 posts, read 2,349,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jilly9244 View Post
I was speaking with a friend of mine and she said God created a creature/species called Gens(not sure if that is the correct spelling). I looked online but haven't found anything. She said this creature was created before the angels. Has anyone ever heard of this?
You may be speaking of jinns, or gins. Commonly known as Genies in English. In Persian belief the Gins were the angels of God.

So did God create them? No. Humans imagined them.

Old 07-16-2017, 03:09 AM

9,690 posts, read 10,018,190 times
Yes God did create demons fallen angels , the powers of darkness , and God angelic hosts , and the other names like genies, jinns, .. People who do not believe in these unseen spirits probably got one in their spirit ........... Then it is reported that Muhammad said ..``There is not one of you who does not have a jinni appointed to be his constant companion ... And even me too , but Allah has helped me and he has submitted, so that he only helps me to do good ``.............. shows that people who do evil have unseen jinni not of the jinni that Muhammad had

Old 07-16-2017, 04:12 AM

32,530 posts, read 22,033,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tired of the Nonsense View Post
You may be speaking of jinns, or gins. Commonly known as Genies in English. In Persian belief the Gins were the angels of God.

So did God create them? No. Humans imagined them.
So, what's a Gin Mill, then?...

Old 07-16-2017, 04:14 AM

32,530 posts, read 22,033,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hljc View Post
Yes God did create demons fallen angels , the powers of darkness , and God angelic hosts , and the other names like genies, jinns, .. People who do not believe in these unseen spirits probably got one in their spirit ........... Then it is reported that Muhammad said ..``There is not one of you who does not have a jinni appointed to be his constant companion ... And even me too , but Allah has helped me and he has submitted, so that he only helps me to do good ``.............. shows that people who do evil have unseen jinni not of the jinni that Muhammad had
Wait...You use Mohammad as an example to prove this then debase him?...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality