U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-22-2019, 06:07 PM

11,390 posts, read 4,428,264 times

Advertisements

it aint the whole god story bro. and you know it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-22-2019, 06:28 PM

19,962 posts, read 9,428,119 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arach Angle View Post
it aint the whole god story bro. and you know it.
No. I no longer believe in god or gods. At all. Period.

And I would suggest you not tell others what they believe.

Old 01-22-2019, 07:36 PM

9,330 posts, read 12,203,556 times
There are so many good people I am discovering who identify as Christian (in some fashion). Which tells me that there is something good about at the Trinity story. That is what I am trying to research more.

Old 01-22-2019, 07:54 PM

24,392 posts, read 12,607,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzyRules View Post
There are so many good people I am discovering who identify as Christian (in some fashion). Which tells me that there is something good about at the Trinity story. That is what I am trying to research more.
C'mon, Ozzy. There are good Christians, Muslims, Jews, Atheists and Others of every belief and non.

There are good people. And there are crappy people.

Personally, I think most of the crappy ones are religionists of one description or another - but your mileage obviously varies.

Old 01-23-2019, 03:00 AM

3,509 posts, read 2,388,770 times
Quote:
Most people have some religious affiliation, so they are in the majority. Most are simply average working class citizens. Of course, you can go off-road and find extremist in any belief system.

Some people have a need to categorize people in order to deride or otherize. You'd do well to monitor the accusers because most of the time they are projecting themselves onto others and they desire something from the accused. It's almost is if the accuser can never be happy as long as the accused is merrily going about their way. In this way, the accused holds the accuser in their hands.

Old 01-23-2019, 05:18 AM

3,294 posts, read 593,241 times
Quote:
The story that helped destroy the Roman empire (where belief was more important than ability)?

You are also ignoring the good non-trinitrians.

Old 01-23-2019, 05:41 AM

9,330 posts, read 12,203,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Diogenes View Post
The story that helped destroy the Roman empire (where belief was more important than ability)?

You are also ignoring the good non-trinitrians.
I don't believe for one second that religion ever caused anything to happen. Religion reflects society. You are giving it way too much credit.

Non-religious people are not a part of society because they are not involved with religion, so they should never be blamed for the evils that occur in the world. They just sit back and reap the benefits, always without blame.

Old 01-23-2019, 08:23 AM

3,294 posts, read 593,241 times
Quote:
I don't believe for one second that religion ever caused anything to happen. Religion reflects society. You are giving it way too much credit.
I never said religion, I was talking about the belief in the trinity. And if you was not a Trinitarian, you was not allowed a classical education, and so you could not be a member of the government. And the Christians changed what could be taught, so valuable none Christian documents were lost.

Quote:
Non-religious people are not a part of society because they are not involved with religion, so they should never be blamed for the evils that occur in the world. They just sit back and reap the benefits, always without blame.
I have no idea what this nonsense has to do with what I wrote.

Old 01-23-2019, 10:47 AM

19,962 posts, read 9,428,119 times
Quote:

Okay. Something we can agree on -- that religion reflects society. At least to a degree.

Oops. An ignorant statement -- that non-religious people are not a part of society. Funny, when I lived in Asia, I was still part of society. I still had an effect on people who had a different culture than I did. I still contributed financially to that society. I still interacted with just as broad a spectrum of people in that society as I did in the States.

Old 01-23-2019, 04:04 PM

11,390 posts, read 4,428,264 times
Quote:

Its funny ozzy, the more they blame the less they understand what they do not know.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality