Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-17-2017, 09:07 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,178,156 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by badlander View Post
What about daughters?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2017, 10:03 PM

11,761 posts, read 7,257,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jumbo10 View Post
I'm curious how people feel about this: Do only humans go to heaven or can other animals go to heaven too?
Are you not aware that humans are animals? Humans are indeed animals. Humans (homo-sapiens) evolved from other primates and developed increased dexterity and sentience. Of course, it is human nature to think ourselves special, or somehow a higher class than "animals".

Old 07-17-2017, 10:10 PM

11,761 posts, read 7,257,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mensaguy View Post
I've known several dogs with better souls than a number of people I've known.
This is so true. Humans could learn a lot from other animal species.

Old 07-17-2017, 11:07 PM

6,115 posts, read 3,086,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jumbo10 View Post
I'm curious how people feel about this: Do only humans go to heaven or can other animals go to heaven too?
From the POV of Islamic faith, yes there are animals in paradise.

However, it's a "faith" - so there is no point in seeking or providing "evidence" as
*** faith is not based on evidence. ***

Matter of fact, a faith is not a faith anymore if it's based on evidence. And then obviously, with all the intellect of entire humanity, we cannot come up with "what would we accept as an evidence of faith and how are we going to validate it?" We can't !!

We should live a morally concious life and hope for the best for the hereafter for ourselves and for our loved ones, including the animals. We should also be kind and respectful to all.

God is merciful and can grant any of your wishes that he wants, and he is answerable to NO ONE!

I hope you meet your pet in heaven.

Old 07-18-2017, 04:04 AM

11,123 posts, read 6,385,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by badlander View Post
At least you know who's boss. ☺ My last cat was attacked by one of my dogs, pretty well several times a day for 14 years. I think she would have liked us to have no dogs or at least only the other dog who never attacked any of the three cats.
I had a cat first and then brought in 2 puppies, the cat ruled the roost and would always let the dogs know who was boss. who says a cat can't be an alpha male

Old 07-18-2017, 04:31 AM

5,004 posts, read 15,350,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr5150 View Post
The Bible says this in Ecclesiastes 3:21

Who knows the spirit of the sons of men, which goes upward, and the spirit of the animal, which goes down to the earth?

It would appear that Fido doesn't go to heaven
It would appear to me that the bible is just a piece of crock.

Old 07-18-2017, 05:11 AM

32,530 posts, read 22,026,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek41 View Post
They do not have a soul, so probably not.
But anyone that has ever had a pet, which is nearly everyone, would have to hope something happens to them.
Every living creature has a soul...

Old 07-18-2017, 05:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hljc View Post
Problem is that believer in Christ need to claim their living pet or animal to be collected for heaven before it passes on , where is there is no prayer then the animal will be lost to God , Pray a cleansing on the animal by the blood of Jesus Christ , and command the animal is collected for heaven before it passes on ..........As God Children have the spiritual authority to pray these prayers and God will collect them for heaven .......
Do what!!!???...

Old 07-18-2017, 05:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie gein View Post
The concept of a soul as something that can be extracted from a body upon death is one of the more dubious tenets of religion. The fact that you can't prove humans have a "soul" follows the same course of logic that precludes one from claiming that animals do not.

Humans and most animals are sentient beings.
The soul is the identity...

Old 07-18-2017, 05:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr5150 View Post
The Bible says this in Ecclesiastes 3:21

Who knows the spirit of the sons of men, which goes upward, and the spirit of the animal, which goes down to the earth?

It would appear that Fido doesn't go to heaven

Kohelet - Ecclesiastes - Chapter 3

21 Who knows that the spirit of the children of men is that which ascends on high and the spirit of the beast is that which descends below to the earth?

Rashi's Commentary:

Who knows: Like (Joel 2: 14): “Whoever knows shall repent.” Who is it who understands and puts his heart to [the fact] that the spirit of the children of men ascends above and stands in judgment, and the spirit of the beast descends below to the earth, and does not have to give an accounting. Therefore, one must not behave like a beast, which does not care about its deeds.

IOW, the soul of the beast does not need to give an accounting, as mankind does, for the way in which it has lived it's life...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality