U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-19-2017, 07:15 AM

13,807 posts, read 9,621,675 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
Why do you follow this strange website that teaches weird things?
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Last Amalekite 1Sam15 View Post
Now thatís funny
Hilarious actually!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-19-2017, 07:24 AM

2,650 posts, read 1,377,146 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
Why do you follow this strange website that teaches weird things?
Oh I see. That's what you think I'm thinking about you. Yes very funny.

Old 12-19-2017, 08:03 AM

5,263 posts, read 1,310,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by granpa View Post
Oh I see. That's what you think I'm thinking about you. Yes very funny.
I'm sorry...I really wasn't trying to insult you. I was asking why you follow that website. That's it.

Old 12-19-2017, 08:34 AM

3,894 posts, read 1,449,208 times
Quote:
Earth originally had four moons.
Yeah, uh huh, right. No need to read beyond that.

Old 12-21-2017, 10:23 PM

5,505 posts, read 2,578,714 times
Quote:
A greater moon (Theia) and a lesser Moon and two much smaller moons (Ceres and ????).

And God said, Let there be lights in the firmament of the heaven

16 And God made two great lights; the greater light to rule the day, and the lesser light to rule the night: he made the stars also.

3 billion years ago Theia's decaying orbit reached the Roche limit and for the next 1 billion years Theia slowly deposited all of its mass onto a ring of mountains circling the earth's equator.

First the water ice on Theia's surface was deposited. This created Earths ocean. (The flood). Since the earth at that time had no continents the water completely flooded its surface.

Then the granodiorite was deposited. The granodiorite metamorphosed into the various rocks of the continental crust.

Then 2.4 billion years ago the dunite was deposited. This created the banded iron formations. The dunite sank to the bottom of the mantle.

During all this time Earth would have had a ring like Saturn. From the ground this ring would have looked very much like a rainbow.

You do realize that none of this is even remotely scientific?

The only people who would have any knowledge on this would be the geophysicists, astrophysicists and astronomers.

Quote:
The water that makes Earth a majestic blue marble was here from the time of our planet's birth, according to a new study of ancient meteorites, scientists reported Thursday.
Note that scientists reported it.

Old 01-10-2018, 02:20 AM

Day 1: The core of the Sun (now a brown dwarf) collapses and Neptune, Ouranos, Satyrn, & Jupiter spin off the Suns equator.
Day 2: Super heated core material erupts onto the suns surface forming a pancake dome and boils off all volatiles.
Day 3: Earth, Mars, Venus, & Mercury spin off the suns equator.
Day 4: Four moons spin off the Earths equator.
Day 4: And God said, Let there be lights in the firmament of the heaven.
And God made two great lights; the greater light (Theia) to rule the day, and the lesser light (our current moon) to rule the night: he made the 2 stars also (Ceres and ????).

Quote:
A greater moon (Theia) and a lesser Moon and two much smaller moons (Ceres and ????).

16 And God made two great lights; the greater light to rule the day, and the lesser light to rule the night: he made the stars also.

3 billion years ago Theia's decaying orbit reached the Roche limit and for the next 1 billion years Theia slowly deposited all of its mass onto a ring of mountains circling the earth's equator.

First the water ice on Theia's surface was deposited. This created Earths ocean. (The flood). Since the earth at that time had no continents the water completely flooded its surface.

Then the granodiorite was deposited. The granodiorite metamorphosed into the various rocks of the continental crust.

Then 2.4 billion years ago the dunite was deposited. This created the banded iron formations. The dunite sank to the bottom of the mantle.

During all this time Earth would have had a ring like Saturn. From the ground this ring would have looked very much like a rainbow.

And God said unto Noah, The end of all flesh is come before me; for the earth is filled with violence through them; and, behold, I will destroy them with the earth.

14 Make thee an ark of gopher wood;
17 And, behold, I, even I, do bring a flood of waters upon the earth

And the rain was upon the earth forty days and forty nights.

And God said, This is the token of the covenant which I make between me and you and every living creature that is with you, for perpetual generations:

13 I do set my bow in the cloud, and it shall be for a token of a covenant between me and the earth.

http://i.imgur.com/nY8O995.png

Old 01-10-2018, 06:33 AM

20,248 posts, read 15,600,186 times
Quote:
Day 1: The core of the Sun (now a brown dwarf) collapses and Neptune, Ouranos, Satyrn, & Jupiter spin off the Suns equator.
Day 2: Super heated core material erupts onto the suns surface forming a pancake dome and boils off all volatiles.
And God made two great lights; the greater light (Theia) to rule the day, and the lesser light (our current moon) to rule the night: he made the 2 stars also (Ceres and ????).
A brown dwarf is a failed star which resembles a giant gas planet, an object with too much mass to be a gaseous planet but with insufficient mass to be a star. It's also the term used for a main-sequence star that has reached its evolutionary end stage and has radiated away its heat. Yet you're claiming that at one time the Sun was a brown dwarf and therefore not a star, yet spun off four planets, and then somehow gained the needed mass to become a G-type main-sequence star.

The Sun was formed when gravity collapsed a nebula, a giant interstellar molecular cloud of dust and gas, which once sufficient mass and pressure was reached, resulted in nuclear fusion taking place.

Scientists have different models concerning how the planets were formed. The accretion model works well for the rocky planets and appears to be what is taking place around the star HL Tauri some 450 light years from earth.

Scientists are less certain about how the giant gas planets were formed. One model that has been advanced is the the disk instability model. Details are given here -- https://www.space.com/18389-how-was-jupiter-formed.html

As for the Genesis creation account, you're attempting to take an ancient near eastern pre-scientific creation account which was never intended to be a scientific and literal account of how the Universe was created, and force a modern scientific world view on it. That's called cultural imperialism.

Why does the Genesis creation account have the creation of the sun and the moon on the forth day? The likely reason is because in the ANE religions the sun and the moon were worshiped as gods. But the writer of Genesis wanted to subvert the creation accounts of the other religions and so deemphasized their importance, demoted them by placing their creation on the fourth day rather than on the first day. The Genesis creation account is at least in part a polemic against the creation accounts of the other ANE religions. In no way was it ever intended to be a scientific literal account of creation.

But I think you'll simply dismiss what I've said in this post.

Old 01-10-2018, 08:04 AM

2,804 posts, read 486,317 times
Gotta love someone who makes all sorts of claims authoritatively, almost like they believe it is a fact.

And then have no credible connection to anything that would substantiate those claims, either historically or scientifically. It makes it almost sound like a L. Ron Hubbard fiction story, right?

Old 01-10-2018, 08:04 AM

5,263 posts, read 1,310,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzyRules View Post
When I was a Southern Baptist I once had two very highly respected teachers there tell me that the flood of Noah was the "first rain" in the history of the planet.

In hindsight that was a ridiculous belief.
I'd love to see a Jewish person's input on this, but I've read in a few sources that the "Rabbinic" method of interpreting Scripture is that if it's not mentioned, it didn't happen. So, my understanding (and I may be wrong) is that Jewish people (at least some) believe that.
Quote:

Now I just see the entire story as completely symbolic. I don't know why anyone would try to read it from a scientific perspective. The letter of Peter even states that it symbolized baptism. I am pretty positive it was just another retelling of the siege of Jerusalem around 700 BC. Just as the Garden of Eden was a retelling of the same exact thing.

People back then were just trying to make sense of everything that had been happening to them.
It was a "type" of baptism -- meaning that it pointed to it as an object lesson.

Old 01-15-2018, 11:53 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Finally, 1.5 billion years ago, the uranium was deposited.

http://religion.wikia.com/wiki/Orichalcum
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or