Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-25-2017, 03:42 PM

678 posts, read 429,435 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
Usually at some point during my 2nd cup of coffee.

haha, great response

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
I nearly drowned as a child and have regarded life from a state of altered awareness ever since. I notice things that other people do not. I value things that most others do not. I am inspired by things that most people never see, or if they did, would shrug at.
That's quite interesting. There's been a few things where I've been pretty shaken up - car flipped multiple times, fell off the side of a mountain, got hit by a car. I do value that life can be taken away in an instant, but those never had the lasting profound impact that your experience had on your life.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2017, 03:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
Amazing the difference in some answers. It's interesting to observe the differences in perspective. Some say "God".....others start with "I".
I anticipated the differences. I expect some people to think differently and have different experiences than myself

Makes me think of a quote "We don’t “see” God as He is, we see God as we are."

Old 07-25-2017, 03:50 PM

4,466 posts, read 1,605,656 times
I felt "awakened" when I realized that religion was a man made thing, and that there is a difference between religion and spirituality.

Old 07-25-2017, 03:56 PM

9,689 posts, read 10,015,913 times
I became awakened some twenty years ago and there is no going back , and the future is bright with life beyond my imagination Jesus is alive , and who would of known that ?......I just had a minor injury at work last week and just went through some spiritual warfare as the devil thinks I was open season , but Jesus spirit took out a multitude of demonic forces and sent them to the pit , and through the prayers the victory is the Lords , where through Jesus redemption I will be free indeed ..... Who would of known this before my awakening of a conversion to Christ

Old 07-25-2017, 04:10 PM

18,976 posts, read 7,017,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jumbo10 View Post
I anticipated the differences. I expect some people to think differently and have different experiences than myself

Makes me think of a quote "We don’t “see” God as He is, we see God as we are."
Even that is a statement beginning with "me", or "we". It's human-centered. Why not start with God instead?

Old 07-25-2017, 05:00 PM

Quote:
Even that is a statement beginning with "me", or "we". It's human-centered. Why not start with God instead?
The point is God is different to different people.

It seems like you just want to start with your God and you can't see God from any lens other than your own.

See I didn't use me, we or I in any of those

Old 07-25-2017, 05:30 PM

9,588 posts, read 5,043,563 times
Quote:
The point is God is different to different people.

It seems like you just want to start with your God and you can't see God from any lens other than your own.

See I didn't use me, we or I in any of those

Which, is really odd, since He said He is the same yesterday, today, and tomorrow. Darned typos. Peace

Old 07-25-2017, 05:54 PM

21,020 posts, read 19,379,197 times
Quote:
-If so, what led you to the process and how did you change?
-paradigm shifts
-guilt and worry free.
-relaxed and
-present and
-shutting off my running inner dialog of thoughts
-priorities are to live a life of love and spread happiness.
-curious if others feel like something dramatically changed them for the better.
Well, my friend, I'd say you have made a wonderful step. You're in the Zone!
It is a natural thing to then ask...why? How did this Shift happen? Why me?
"I must have done something good'', sung by Julie Andrews.
Because you and I both are not who we used to be!
I ask,'' Is it the planets?''...cuz I alone do not deserve THIS high.
And this is why people wrote the song 'Amazing Grace"...I was blind and now I see!
High 5, my spiritual buddy!

The how's and what led us? dunno. Destiny, Karma...it was our time...our priorities were
different than others...our hearts and peace meant more than being right to someone..
pushing some silly opinion?

To satisfy others: OF COURSE I know it is ALL GOD that has done any change in me...!!! Dah!
Have I not said it enough...until atheists could get turned off? I hope not.

Old 07-25-2017, 06:20 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,181,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbbi1 View Post
Which, is really odd, since He said He is the same yesterday, today, and tomorrow. Darned typos. Peace
No.

Primitive, anonymous men who wrote pamphlets a couple of thousand years or so ago, which were later collated by the Emperor du jour to please his Mom and translated and edited by hundreds of anonymous scribes since, are the ones who "said" it.

And intelligent, educated people - including most Christians - understand the difference.

Old 07-25-2017, 06:25 PM

2,186 posts, read 1,171,699 times
Quote:
Amazing the difference in some answers. It's interesting to observe the differences in perspective. Some say "God".....others start with "I".
"I" assume the question was asked as a personal question. But , maybe you notice how "I" was relieved to know your mythical god does not burn billions in hell for trillions and trillions and trillions........ of years.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality